The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
INVITE IN A VOTE. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

INVITE IN A VOTE. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
vis
BazSpur
djfitzo
7 posters

INVITE IN A VOTE.

Poll

Re; Lews Question

[ 7 ]
    INVITE IN A VOTE. Bar_left70%INVITE IN A VOTE. Bar_right [70%] 
    [ 3 ]
    INVITE IN A VOTE. Bar_left30%INVITE IN A VOTE. Bar_right [30%] 

Total Votes: 10

INVITE IN A VOTE. Empty INVITE IN A VOTE.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:43

Wrong or right, levys sacking of redknapp.
    ....and is levy the right chairman for spurs ?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

INVITE IN A VOTE. Empty Re: INVITE IN A VOTE.

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:55

Right Harry's behaviour and his backtracking after levy and spurs backed him during his trial was justified.
    Not so sure about levy as chairman, to try to keep spurs financially sound without the unlimited funds of a Russian oligarch or Arab must be difficult,however I do feel he could maybe pay a little extra for players.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:57

Levy was right to sack Arry. As for Levy. I used to think he was a good Chairman but I'm not so sure anymore.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 10:03

right to sack harry. harry showed no loyality to spurs.

levy balances the books well. we are prob one of the best well run clubs in the league.
    at times though he does appear tight lol.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Nov 13 2012, 10:37

Lew I've edited the thread so as posters can actually vote. Multiple choice but no vote withdrawal . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Nov 13 2012, 10:38

My votes are cast lol . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 17:55

vis wrote:Lew I've edited the thread so as posters can actually vote. Multiple choice but no vote withdrawal . . . . .

Thanks vis, to tell the truth i didnt know if this was the right thing to do ! but then thought give it a shot.
    I had no intention really to bring up something that is old news and i guess should be accepted and swept under the carpet.
    Its levy who in my opinion is on his own mission.
    I read an article some months ago that levy has a bad reputation with his counterparts overseas, whether the report was true or not, we dont know.
    But it would explain deals not being completed for certain players, the accusation is that he agree,s a deal and then goes back to negotiating a lower price.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:18

He certainly don't help himself Lew.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Nov 13 2012, 23:39

13 point lead in 3rd place, possible title contenders, england job pops up harry loses the plot, there goes our 13 point lead + CL place guaranteed, which cost us at least £30m, of course levy was right to sack Harry! Good job, dont care if harry did so well, he didnt care about the team and shot himself in the foot!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Nov 14 2012, 00:10

Right to sack Harry could have done it earlier but waited for end of season.
    My opinion of Levy is mixed, think he is a good financial chairman but not so clever on the football side.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 14 2012, 01:50

Sadly, Levi was right to sack Arry.

Despite some lapses in judgement, Levi is still a good Chairman.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 02:53

Be good to see some shy posters come in on this one, so join in out there and get active on the forum, its a good forum with healthy discussion .

As i started this i have to say my bit, but its an old view really.
    Wrong to sack harry, accepted that he was diverted from his job at spurs while flirting with the england job, for obvious reasons i think he thought the job was his, i blame england officialdom who should have announced asap that he wasnt being considered for the job, that would have shown respect for his job at spurs, funny how results picked up when hodgson got the job ? but it was too late the damage was done.
    Also you have to remember harrys age and ambitions, how many ambitions can a bloke have well into his 60s, i can forgive him his lapse at spurs as he held the england job as the ultimate for a manager.
    As for media speaking, didnt bother me at all, as long as the progress continued.
    Levy as chairman ? from what i read and it needs confirming, he is hampering transfers, and maybe that is why so many potential foreign signings are falling through, when so often its reported a done deal.
    You dont agree a price, and then backtrack to get it lowered, it aint on and makes the club look bad.
    Any bloke that didnt have the guts to tell jol to his face that he was sacked, doesnt deserve any respect, any bloke that stood there looking bemused when berbatov and man utd bulldozed through a forced transfer is shite in my honest opinion.
    Thats my bit for what it is worth.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 14 2012, 02:59

wrong to sack harry, had built something good for once and levy should have eaten humble pie and kept him on for the good of spurs.think we could have pushed on again but its all about egos and levy wants his to remain biggest.
    decent enough chairman but sticks his nose into managerial buying policy i think, choosing who he wants playing here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:46