The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hull City Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hull City Home - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOVELOVEROCKET
MarkA249
totalytot
vis
8 posters

Hull City Home

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Hull City Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Hull City Home

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Oct 28 2013, 04:40

cruel pen that ................. Evil or Very Mad 

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 04:56

ye when we dont score then its the old the other team parked the bus excuse lol

now that was painfull to watch.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:18

Spurs win and painfull? Errrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:20

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas: "It was difficult to break them down. They came here with a good strategy, which is nothing different to what teams do when they come here.

"The difference today is that we were patient. I compliment the boys for what they did, it was great work-rate.

"We didn't have the support we should have done. There was much anxiety from the stands, the players had to do it alone.

"The referee could have not given the penalty, sometimes they are not given, Brucey will be devastated by that decision.

"Apparently Andros Townsend fell in a hole. He was unconscious, but he will be OK."

And that's why some of our fans are shit, even when most teams are not playing at the top of their games, their fans get behind them, not us, filters down to the players, how the fuck does that help.
    This is the last post I make on this forum, not one positive from certain posters, win or lose, even when we play quite well, sorry Baz and Vis, your trying to do a great job, but I just can't stand the negativity on here.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:31

omg dj. grow up. what we say on here does not get back to the players.
    its the fans who boo during the games that you should have a problem with.

as for the game. an injury hit hull team did not come to park the bus.

the decided after 60 mins they would try settle with what they got.

first half they had just enough if not more chances then us.

we need to get used to parking the bus because we do it aswel.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:35

lorris7 not much to do
    walker 5 lacks brains
    dawson 5 another one that furstrates me.
    chirches 7 great display got forward well
    verts 6 you can tell he dont like playing left back
    sandro5 was awfull. lacking match fitness.
    paullino. 6 unlucky not to score first half
    holtby 7 tried but nothing went right for him
    lennon 5 awfull on the left
    towsend 7 our only attacking threat
    soldado7 extra point for the pen.

surley avb new hul would be defensive. why did we play 2 defensive holding players at home and then at half time he brings on another.......

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:38

Won 12, Drawn 1, Lost: 2.

Scored: 28. Conceded: 5. Clean Sheets: 12

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:59

And we win. So what else really matters? Nowt to me. We won ugly. I don't care I will take the win. Seems some posters will only be happy when we win 10-0 (and probably moan beacause player A only scored 5 goals & should have had 7!). I remember posters saying when we beat Wigan 9-1 "well it was only Wigan". So 9-1 was not good enough and today was "only Hull" and 1-0 wasn't good enough? Posters wanted Mourinho as manager but by fuck he won ugly. Posters in previous seasons were asking why we couldn't grind results out and why did we give away late goals when holding onto a 1-0? Well guess what we are doing that. We are 4th (crap goal difference I do agree) and 3 points off top. Oh what a harsh penalty I see. No, harsh is a good goal from the half way line being disallowed. Harsh is a 'ghost goal'. I'm not bothered about other teams getting harsh. 12 months without a penalty is harsh so now we get a few I'm not complaining. What is the problem? Maybe posters can explain to me? Please share with me what is good enough? Do you really think other clubs bitch about winning? I sure as fek ain't going to . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 06:10

vis i would take 1 0 every week.

i like dj to find a forum where people dont moan when we are not playing well.

3 points and a clean sheet and we should beat hull on wednsday aswell.

beat everton away then we really are in business

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 06:12

Hull City Home - Page 2 484760_670538452965787_1821402094_n

Oo look adebywhores gotta a new job at the lane
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Oct 28 2013, 06:18

trouble is we cant create chances roll on jan if noone comes in can kiss goodbye to 4th .
    i dont want to hear same excuses ever week , ok its only week 10 but theres no improvments what so ever.-  a few more reality checks against the bigger teams and trying to fathom out why we not progressing might make few wake up ....... like someone said we making shit teams look good so theres defo not something right ............. we did 1 great move in the first half and has taken till wek 10 to see a great spurs move-  this is my point of few i want best for my club but in reality its just not working......... rant over.

we only 4th coz we had kind fixtures.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 28 2013, 06:49

AVB not happy that the fans did not try to lift the team. 1-0 win, dubious penalty, but a win is a win, the gooners fans were moaning about the way they performed against Palace yesterday. Lets face it teams will make it as hard as possible for us to get 3 points, and another clean sheet although having said that I would love to see us win more comfortably. I know there are those of you that hate him but I still say give Ade a chance up front with Soldado, all water under the bridge now, we need to be scoring more goals to put games out of reach of the opposition.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 07:08

I do somewhat agree with the lack of created chances yet today we had something like 21 chances on/off target. We are being made to play through packed areas of the pitch, be it wide or central, by opposisition then they are looking to catch us on the break. As for kind fixtures, well aren't some posters saying that about our rivals? You can only beat what is in front of you . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 07:12

Hull City Home - Page 2 _70744244_hi019783108

Roberto Soldado's late penalty gave Tottenham victory over Hull and lifted Spurs to fourth in the Premier League.

Frustrated for long periods, the hosts were relieved when Soldado finished after Ahmed Elmohamady handled.

Soldado had earlier been denied by Hull keeper Steve Harper, while Paulinho hooked over the bar.

Tom Huddlestone volleyed over in the first half but the visitors were increasingly pressed back and were ultimately undone from the spot.

Until then, it looked like Hull's five-man defence would thwart a Spurs side that appeared to lack the guile to create goalscoring opportunities.

But, when Elmohamady was adjudged to have used his arm to block Jan Vertonghen's cross 10 minutes from time, Soldado slotted his third league penalty of the season.

It was perhaps apt that this contest between the lowest goalscorers in the Premier League's top half was settled by a sole goal from the spot, but that will serve as little comfort to a Hull team that could justifiably argue they deserved a point.

Hampered by injuries and the unavailability of on-loan Spurs midfielder Jake Livermore, Tigers boss Steve Bruce was forced to make six changes to the side beaten by Everton last week.

City were set-up to contain, an objective they fulfilled successfully for much of the first period.

Besides the set-piece that gave Paulinho the space for Spurs' best chance of the half, the hosts were mainly restricted to long-range efforts from Kyle Walker, the lively Andros Townsend and Aaron Lennon, recalled for his first league start since the opening weekend in place of Gylfi Sigurdsson.

But Hull were also able to counter and make chances of their own - George Boyd and Yannick Sagbo forced home goalkeeper Hugo Lloris into action, while the excellent Huddlestone fired over on his return to the club with whom he spent eight years.

The Tigers, though, found attacking opportunities harder to come by as the game wore on and Spurs applied more pressure in the second half, particularly after the introduction of Christian Eriksen.

When Townsend fed Soldado, the Spaniard was well-placed to break the deadlock only for Harper - making his first league start for the Tigers because of an injury to Allan McGregor - to dive low to his left and palm away.

With that chance gone, Hull looked increasingly likely to get away with a draw until the penalty decision went against them.

There was still time for Spurs to suffer a twin scare, first when Townsend took a heavy fall into the crowd and then from a Huddlestone free-kick with the last action of the match.

Townsend was knocked unconscious but got up to finish the game, while Huddlestone shot wide.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 07:14

Of Tottenham's six Premier League wins this season, four have been courtesy of a 1-0 scoreline. Only Southampton (three) have conceded fewer goals than Spurs' five, but, of the rest of the league's top 10, only Hull (seven) have scored fewer than Spurs' nine goals.

Now that does kinda sum up the season so far. Not enough goals in the league yet a, mainly, fine defence. Also sums up the differing views of posters I feel . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 07:15

we played arsenal and chelsea then we got everton then man c both away.

i would say after the man c game we would have played our hardest games with only man u away and liverpool away.

i dont bother about chelsea away because we never win there lol

arsenal have not played chelsea man u man c yet
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 07:56

We do have a few, somewhat, tricky fixtures soon but hey if we wanna be the best we have to play the best. Bring 'em on . . . . .evil2 . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 08:20

FACT - After 9 games last season, Spurs were also 4th but on 2 points less (17) than the current tally (19).
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 28 2013, 08:26

Nice lil factoid that Lought. So we have improved . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 28 2013, 23:52

So, Yet another good poster leaves the forum.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:14

ye because a few of us moaned about our display.

hardly anything really bad was said.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:34

No it's every bleeding game and every day in between and |I agree with Dave the negativity is alarming. AVB was right about the crowd yesterday, constant carping with Holtby and Dawson coming in for some right old stick.
    Baz you're right it's not the first time we lose one of our best posters over it and I must admit it spoils the forum

For Christs sake lets be positive

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:56

its the fans that go to the games and boo that are the problem.
    we had this under harry. if its not a big game then unless we score early then fans boo.

we can also blame spurs here for pricing out real fans

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:58

other forums are worse then this.

theres threads on lamela and other threads saying we spunked 100mill on the vital forums.

when you lose to west ham at home and hardly have a shot aganst hull then you expect fans to not be happy.

it was the same last season untill bale got us out of jail.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Oct 29 2013, 01:49

So because I can afford to go I'm not a real fan then.

I'm not really concerned with other forums but take what you say and that only goes to prove whatr a sodding negative lot Spurs fans are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 18:54