The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What i want to see ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What i want to see ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What i want to see ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What i want to see ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What i want to see ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What i want to see ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What i want to see ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What i want to see ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What i want to see ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What i want to see ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

What i want to see !

What i want to see ! Empty What i want to see !

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 05:21

Boollloocks to harry not liking pav................he is in big time the next game if he is fit........and a youngster given a chance...........walker for corluka.

Next game to hell who it is against.

Gomes.

Walker........Dawson........Bassong/ King..........Ekotto.

Lennon/bentley.......Thud./ Palacios.........modric.....Bale.

Pav......................Defoe.

What i want to see ! Empty Re: What i want to see !

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 07:30

yea il go with that. if lennons fit id keep him on the bench. bolton can be dirty we need lennon for the league game.
    if harry goes with the same team and crouch up front il go mad, i feel a harry out thread maybe about to appear soon lol lonman cant keep defendin harry stubborness

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 07:43

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea il go with that. if lennons fit id keep him on the bench. bolton can be dirty we need lennon for the league game.
    if harry goes with the same team and crouch up front il go mad, i feel a harry out thread maybe about to appear soon lol lonman cant keep defendin harry stubborness

Ion is a very staunch tottenham supporter lought ! through thick and thin and supports the man in charge as should be the case for all tottenham fans.

There is nothing wrong in giving opinions and posing questions, if you didnt question things then we would still believe that you would fall off the edge of the world.

I dont think we will get " harry out " posts in the same vein as we did jol, but he has to start getting results at home asap...
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Feb 13 2010, 07:51

be realistic, that 4th spot is gone imo,april is a killer month for us. fa cup is the one now for me. 5th or 6th place finish for european footie next year. i dont blame harry i blame those players on the pitch at the times of losing crucial points. it really is baffling why it always happens.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 08:50

oh i didnt mean anything bad towards lonman and im sorry if it did come across that way. i do respect hes views and he is a good poster and puts hes points across a lot better then me. its just really winds me up how we are throwing away such a good chance of gettin in the top 4 this season.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 13 2010, 09:13

I remember when the question was. Should we try to win the CC again when Arry was saying it was not really on his list. I will leave you to reflect on that. I will say that I never thought we would get 4th and I haven't changed my mind on that.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 17:42

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:I remember when the question was. Should we try to win the CC again when Arry was saying it was not really on his list. I will leave you to reflect on that. I will say that I never thought we would get 4th and I haven't changed my mind on that.

Totally agree baz, i had an argument with burger that man city were the most likeliest to get that 4th place if any of the usual top 4 slip up, while he said we were the ones he was worried about, having said that who would have thought we would have slung away so many points to such teams as stoke hull and wolves ?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 17:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:oh i didnt mean anything bad towards lonman and im sorry if it did come across that way. i do respect hes views and he is a good poster and puts hes points across a lot better then me. its just really winds me up how we are throwing away such a good chance of gettin in the top 4 this season.

he,s a very formidable poster lought ! talks a lot of sense backed up by logic, and puts his point of view across better than i ever could.
    and at the end of the day he supports the club through thick and thin and thats the mark of a true supporter, problem with a lot of us is that we grow impatient (i am very guilty of this fact ) we made a fantastic start to the season and now all that good work has gone to waste, well nearly anyway ! it just seems like we have run out of ideas on how to win matches, but we live in hope.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 13 2010, 22:15

Thanks for the plaudits guys, very kind.

Now chaps, I feel every bit of frustration that you do. I woke up Thursday morning, went to work and the first thing I did was check the Premier League web page for the scores.

When I saw the Spurs one my day was fcuked before it began.

Wolves for Christs sake!!

The difference between us guys is that I can bite my lip a bit better than you two!! What i want to see ! Lol

What you need to do is take a step back from the immediate frustration and consider the bigger picture. We are now fans who are starting to expect us to win every game, regardless of who we play, knowing that we are good enough to do it.

Been a while since I've felt like that.

So being turned over by 'lesser' opposition is bound to P*ss us off.

However, this team is still young in the making and is yet to be the finished article, that requires time.

I Love my club and yearn for the 'Glory Years' as much as any, but I'm also realistic and know that, to use a euphamism, 'its better to build on rock than sand'.
    We never seem to have the patience to let any manager finish what he's building because we have no patience. Think of it like this, you commission a sculptor to carve a statue, when he's only just started chipping stone you then say,
    'You're rubbish, I'm firing you and getting another one in, as long as he can turn out a Venus DeMilo in 5 minutes flat!!'

Whether you like Harry or not, you can't expect him to get everything right all of the time and he has to be allowed to build the team to one that will challenge regularly rather than rise up and burn out swiftly.

Having said that, I'm not giving up on CL qualification, it's far too close to call at the moment. Once the front line is sorted properly then I think we'll go on a run that won't be matched.
    I now expect this team to win, not because I think we have a God given right but because I think we're that good ..............................

Provided the ball starts finding the back of the net. There's sweet FA wrong with any other aspect of our game.

I like expecting to win instead of thinking 'at least we didn't lose'. So I'm sticking with Harry.

I'll be sure to drown you all in 'I told you so's' when WE are feared in every part of Europe.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 14 2010, 19:43

People mention a killer April, Citehs next 3 games, Stoke Away,Pool home Chelsea away. With a fully fit squad, on our day we are a match for anyone. Man city are worse then us away from home and just drew at home to Stoke, lost away to Hull who we thrashed up there 5-1. Listen guys im as gutted as the next man with the points weve dropped, but so has a lot of others. Games in hand mean nothing if you dont win them,sure weve made it tight for ourselves, but like I said all the teams vying for 4th still have to play each other, they cant all take the points.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14 2010, 23:34

man c wont finnish 4th. i think it wil be liverpools

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:09