The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Pav, Super Sub!? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Pav, Super Sub!? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
DJSR
seebee1944
MarkA249
cstmrsking
8 posters

Pav, Super Sub!?

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Pav, Super Sub!? Empty Pav, Super Sub!?

Post by cstmrsking Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:12

Pav, Super Sub!?
    Pav Looks like he wants to Play for Spurs, and the rest of the Team Want him In.
    I want to see Crouch off for a bit, and see Defoe and Pav play together, with Crouch as a Sub.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Pav, Super Sub!? Empty Re: Pav, Super Sub!?

Post by MarkA249 Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:16

PAV IS GOD if Harry does not start him next i want Harry sacked Pav, Super Sub!? Lol He was awsome so was Modric whats to do with Harry getting the subs right for once Pav, Super Sub!? 489583
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:18

What we've all been saying give him a chance and he takes it. What a good reaction to scoring really looked like he wants to play for Spurs
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:19

He must have been having an off day. lol

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:28

Lovely to see the teams reaction to his goals. The Jermainman running on at the end to congratulate him ! He must know already the fans love him and it's obvious his team mates do as well, but 'arrys words of "when he wants to work, wants to play" speaks volumes. Well done SupercallafragilisticRomanPavyluchenko. The ball is back in 'arrys court as long as Pavy keeps it there . . . . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:33

See Harry's face!!! You know Pav is quality mate!!

SUPPPPPPPEEEEERR SUPER PAV.......SUPER PAVLYUCHENKO!!!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:44

Was it an inspired sub, or was it down to pav fan pressure ?
    Either way i dont give a toss, Ive been calling for pav to play all season,i must admit that i was suprised that big toe came off for him, i would of thought that 3meter would of been the man to sub.

Harry has just said that when he wants to play and that he is up for it then pav is unstoppable.

Are we going to see a pav revival or was it just a glitch in Harrys Ego trip, Im not sure.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:49

I felt it was partly an inspired sub from the singing Spurs fans, and partly down to Jermain already being booked.

But after Pav scored the second goal, did you see Harry's face!!! (for the second time lol). For some reason, i got the impression that he was kind of annoyed by the fans knowing better than him, or that he found it hard to accept that he was in the wrong and should of started Pav many games ago and given him a chance. That was my impression when i saw his reaction. Hopefully Pav now gets the start he deserves, coz he his class and he wants to play for Spurs.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 05:56

Ok guys, just to temper this down a bit and play Devils Advocate. He scored 2 very well taken goals (the 2nd from an outrageous angle) but apart from that he was wayward in his passing & his 1st touch was sloppy ! Thats more down to lack of match practice & a pretty sh*tty pitch tho'. Does he deserve a start against Bolton ? Of course he does. Lets hope 'arry bites the bullet gives him a chance and Pavy proves his worth to Spurs. But we may still see the Pav of 90 minutes, at times disintested & profligate with the ball . . . . . . .

(lol on goes me tin hat for the incoming flak)
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:01

Pav does drift out of games, seen it before and what player doesnt, but i think that had alot to do with current form. Pav is on a roll and can only get better. Time for Crouch to step down, although he did link up pretty well with Pav on occasions. Most importantly, Pav is a much better finisher than Crouch and can take the Pens's lol

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:06

Yup DJ, I think 90+% of us here feel it is time for Crouch to be benched. I've said elsewhere I feel he is an impact sub, but hey Pavy has proven the same today ! I would like to see Pavy get 3 or 4 games from the off and then I can make a judgement on him & 'arry with a good perspective. Whatever tho' it was great today to see get on and amongst the goals. C'mon Pavy Spur Us Spurs (SUS) onto 4th & Wembley . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:10

Vis, as you pointed out,
    (the 2nd from an outrageous angle) but apart from that he was wayward in his passing & his 1st touch was sloppy ! Thats more down to lack of match practice & a pretty sh*tty pitch tho'.

Your Point, Made.

Did Pav, come on as a Sub a few Games Back and Score?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:12

But we may still see the Pav of 90 minutes, at times disintested & profligate with the ball . . . . .

Then its time for 3meter to come off the bench ??????????????????
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:16

Super, super etc, its what we have been saying for ages and you have to hand it to Pav he got his chance and by Harry did he take it. Pav, Super Sub!? Lol Like others are saying lets just hope this leads to a lengthy run in the ream. Maybe Arry will rotate the 3 strikers now. Anyway Pavly well done. We always had faith in you.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:44

As I said before Pav for Crouch and I feel majority agree, Yes the reaction of Rednap said it all kind of annoyed that the fans were right to back Pav. Also his statement about when Pav want to play is confirmation that he admits that Pav did a good job tonight. Either way I do not give a fXXXK who is right as long as the team is doing well.
    So Rednap let Pav have ago
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 22 2010, 06:49

Well said Phil.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:07

gives us a great chance of chaseing down 4th pav super sub and modric was back to his best roll on the rest of the season

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:20

IM in a good mood REP Points all round !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:31

Ave one yourself Max Pav, Super Sub!? Icon_biggrin
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:40

MAXIMUS wrote:IM in a good mood REP Points all round !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep point back at ya!! Pav, Super Sub!? Icon_rr

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:41

Guys given the way the team celebrated Pavys goals does this mean 'arry 'as lost the dressing room ? Maybe just a show of soladarity to a team mate but everyone seemed chuffed except 'arry . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:45

Vis, i think that could be the main reason to our dip in form. But now its all about how Harry reacts to it. I'm Hoping that Harry is just gutted for getting it wrong and just gets on with it, he's done a great job so far, but time to ditch his 'Own/favoured' players.'

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 18:48

cstmrsking wrote:Pav, Super Sub!?
    Pav Looks like he wants to Play for Spurs, and the rest of the Team Want him In.
    I want to see Crouch off for a bit, and see Defoe and Pav play together, with Crouch as a Sub.

You and about another 36,000 of us kingy, but to be fair to crouch he does put in a lot of work that isnt noticed, as harry said when he first bought crouch, " he gives us another option " we didnt know he meant the only option. Pav, Super Sub!? Lol
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Feb 22 2010, 21:24

If Pav his a bad attitude, and dont train well, and dont want to play for Tottenham, I hope all our player have the same attitude What do you think now Ionman ????

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 23:19

tressman1 wrote:If Pav his a bad attitude, and dont train well, and dont want to play for Tottenham, I hope all our player have the same attitude What do you think now Ionman ????

As we concluded tress when this subject reared its head a few months back, nobody really knows what the truth is, you cant believe what you read in the papers because they are out there to sell scandal and cause trouble.

Whats good is that harry is looking likely to give the bloke a game, and pav cant do anymore than score can he ? thats his job and he has taken his chances well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 01:22