The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
BALE NEED A MENTION EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

BALE NEED A MENTION Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
DJSR
philip
6 posters

BALE NEED A MENTION

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

BALE NEED A MENTION Empty BALE NEED A MENTION

Post by philip Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:47

HAVE WE ALL NOW FORGOTTEN ABOUT BALE? I THINK HE WAS UNSUNG HERO TODAY, THE WAY HE GOT STACK IN AND STREETWISE

SPECIAL MENTION TO BALE ANOTHER WIN ON YOUR BELT
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

BALE NEED A MENTION Empty Re: BALE NEED A MENTION

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 22 2010, 07:59

I've never under estimated Bale's talent, he's been great in Ekotto's asbcence. But its all about playing as a squad and wanting the best for the team. So he should be prepared for rotation. It will also take Ekotto alot of time to get his form back, he has been out for so long now it seems like we wont see him again this season. But the overall Spirit of the team is good even with our dip in form, the players still showing alot of passion and want to play for Spurs, which is most important.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Feb 22 2010, 08:02

pity bales not english
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Feb 22 2010, 08:16

I think Bale is a top class player and being so young will go from strength to strength and I also feel that he would not be out of place in any of the so called big four sides. I have only seen a few games this season and think that his only fault imo is when he has had a shot on goal from an impossible position and missed when he could have laid the ball off to a player who was in a good position to score, but other than that, one of the best young players we have had for a long time.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 22 2010, 08:46

Bale is immenxe IMO. Hope Arry doesn't drop him as soon as Ekotto is back. Arry should make Benoit fight for his place.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 08:54

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Bale is immenxe IMO. Hope Arry doesn't drop him as soon as Ekotto is back. Arry should make Benoit fight for his place.

I am hoping baz that harry will play both, ekotto at left back and bale on the left wing, and thats a problem solved left side, with lennon hopefully back soon its a double pronged attack on both wings ...........thats the theory anyway.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 09:09

It's a great theory Lew, which I have long advocated. Ekotto is great going forward and this will leave Bale to cover & vice-versa. I think tho', that Ekotto will be a long while in coming back and as I recall after his last injury, it took him sometime to regain his best form. My only fear is seeing Bale at somewhere like Ole Scaffold as the pulling power of the so- called "big four" always seems to turn players heads . . . . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Feb 22 2010, 10:41

VisionarySound wrote:It's a great theory Lew, which I have long advocated. Ekotto is great going forward and this will leave Bale to cover & vice-versa. I think tho', that Ekotto will be a long while in coming back and as I recall after his last injury, it took him sometime to regain his best form. My only fear is seeing Bale at somewhere like Ole Scaffold as the pulling power of the so- called "big four" always seems to turn players heads . . . . . . . .
    Yes I was going to say the same, it is paramount that we qualify for CL otherwise we may lose the likes of Bale and Modric

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 18:03

philip wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:It's a great theory Lew, which I have long advocated. Ekotto is great going forward and this will leave Bale to cover & vice-versa. I think tho', that Ekotto will be a long while in coming back and as I recall after his last injury, it took him sometime to regain his best form. My only fear is seeing Bale at somewhere like Ole Scaffold as the pulling power of the so- called "big four" always seems to turn players heads . . . . . . . .
    Yes I was going to say the same, it is paramount that we qualify for CL otherwise we may lose the likes of Bale and Modric

Well at least we think along the same lines on here at times, i posted a while back " can we hoild onto bale " and for that matter lennon.?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 22 2010, 20:54

The only problem Lew, is Bales strength is his stamina, his runs are from deep and not many midfielders/right backs can match his 50 yard runs, dont know if he can do it from midfield, if he can, then his set up many chances/goals from his pull backs from the line would be an asset.However Modric looked great when he came on yesterday, skipping over the quagmire of a pitch and setting up Pav, his movement inside from the left creates the space for Bales runs.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 23:15

djfitzo wrote:The only problem Lew, is Bales strength is his stamina, his runs are from deep and not many midfielders/right backs can match his 50 yard runs, dont know if he can do it from midfield, if he can, then his set up many chances/goals from his pull backs from the line would be an asset.However Modric looked great when he came on yesterday, skipping over the quagmire of a pitch and setting up Pav, his movement inside from the left creates the space for Bales runs.

Its open to debate this one dj, but its worth giving bale a go on the left of midfield when ekotto is fit again.....imho, if it doesnt work then someone is going to be unhappy, ekotto or bale, and i know who i would rather go with...without being detrimental about the other, but i wouldnt want to lose wither one of them.

But i knew this lad was special 3 - 4 years back, i have friends down southampton who said he was the best player they had by far and he was only a 16 year old at the time, and that included walcott .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content