The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
This is what we need ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
This is what we need ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
This is what we need ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
This is what we need ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
This is what we need ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
This is what we need ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
This is what we need ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
This is what we need ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
This is what we need ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

This is what we need ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

This is what we need !

This is what we need ! Empty This is what we need !

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 01:17

When we lost ekotto , bale came in and took the bull by the horns, he isnt going to be easy to displace when ekotto is fit and well.

With lennon out for a while bentley has to take his chance, he isnt doing what bale is doing, making it hard to drop him when lennon is fit , he has improved,, but he needs to be that player that we gave so much money for, he needs to believe he can hold his place even when lennon is available.

This is what we need, its healthy for players not to become complacent, because they think they are always first choice, and its good for our club, seems like pav has decided to knuckle down and gudjohnsen is an option, he works hard and runs all day so i reckon last 15 mins for eidur, i never rated the bloke but you cant fault hin for effort.

Its all good for tottenham hotspur, we need alternatives, different options, and we have a diverse group of characters..........i still want to see kyle walker come in for corluka, i reckon he can do on the right what bale does on the left. This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857 This is what we need ! 208857
    djfitzo
    International
    International

This is what we need ! Empty Re: This is what we need !

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 24 2010, 01:43

Now that Lennons out for at least another couple of weeks, pressure is off Bentley, now he either thinks that his automatic for right midfield or he, like Bale, really takes his chance and make it difficult to drop him.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 03:28

bentley could play out of his skin and lennon still will get the nod when he is fit, bentley aint the right player for yids, harry should cut his losses and get rid in the summer, hes a big fish at wigan,blackburn etc and thats what the lad wants.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 04:55

Bentley has done fine while having his chance. He doesn't have Lennon's pace but his passing is ok, delivery from corners acceptable & does offer options at free-kicks, and with his movement gives another style of play for 'arry to utalise. But who wouldn't have an in-form, fit Lennon in their side ? Even the so-called big boys would play him ahead of their exsisting right wing options. Once Aaron is back & firing on all cylinders it's a shoo-in that he starts. Bale/Ekotto tho' is completely different. Before his injury Ekotto was Spurs most improved player yet Bale has proven he is as good, if not better and surely 'arry will find it almost impossible to drop him ? As has been stated one option is to try either player in a left midfeild role. Bale has been a most pleasent surprise recentley & long may it continue . . . . . . .

Last edited by VisionarySound on Wed Feb 24 2010, 05:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sphellin mishstakes)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 09:44

burger777 wrote:bentley could play out of his skin and lennon still will get the nod when he is fit, bentley aint the right player for yids, harry should cut his losses and get rid in the summer, hes a big fish at wigan,blackburn etc and thats what the lad wants.

Bentley is a problem simply because he hasnt really done much as a spurs player, and its difficult seeing him and lennon in the same side, but what amazes me is the price we paid if he was bought as cover for lennon.

But he has to take his chance now lennon is injured, he isnt in lennons class, different type of players but why the fck did we buy him.?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 11:00

hes just so slow. and isnt direct enough. when he does get passed somone he doesnt always cross the ball in.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 16:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes just so slow. and isnt direct enough. when he does get passed somone he doesnt always cross the ball in.

We were robbed lought ! i think burg is right when he says he looks good in a team like blackburn but he doesnt even have a fraction of lennons skill, i still dont understand why we bought him ? but i suppose he is doing a job in lennons absence................too many passes astray for me, too many free kicks and corners hit too low for my liking, but he is giving it a go and its good that harry is seeing what he can do, it isnt enough for me but i am a fickle so and so ! This is what we need ! Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 24 2010, 18:49

He may get better the more games he plays but I agree with you blokes, he isn't a patch on Lennon and by that score he will be dropped once Lennon is fit.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24 2010, 19:13

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:He may get better the more games he plays but I agree with you blokes, he isn't a patch on Lennon and by that score he will be dropped once Lennon is fit.

I think also baz that he should accept that he isnt better than lennon, and he certainly isnt a £15 mill player, he was overpriced by blackburn.
    But try telling bentley that, i dont think he will want to live in lennons shadow and will move on, for me its damage limitation financially, off load him for what we can, it was a mistake to sign him imo, and unfair on the bloke that he had to contend with lennon because he might have given a good account of himself elsewhere, all we did by signing him was to hold up his career, he would still be doing ok for blackburn imo, but he is pretty well just an average premiership player if i am to be honest, good luck to bentley though and of course i want him to do well for us.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Feb 24 2010, 21:45

His problem seems to be that at Blackburn he was a big fish in a small pond but at Spurs he's not and he seems to have difficulty accepting that. No he's not in the same class as Lennon but has done o.k as a stopgap.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 24 2010, 23:17

I recall Bentleys game at ManUre in the CC earlier this season , one of the most pathetic displays in terms of commitment Ive seen by a Spurs player in a long time.. Every time a Manc defender touched him, he surrendered the ball ....I thought at Wigan , Bentley at last showed he's got some fight in him and he no longer seems to preoccupied with his hair too....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:18