The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sundays game EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sundays game EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sundays game EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sundays game EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sundays game EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sundays game EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sundays game EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sundays game EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sundays game EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sundays game Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
djfitzo
totalytot
seebee1944
spurslegend
8 posters

Sundays game

Sundays game Empty Sundays game

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26 2010, 09:15

How do people feel about this Sundays game against Everton. They have spent their midweek game getting tonked 3-0 on a Thursday evening in Europe ? We've had a stroll in the FA Cup on a Wednesday evening against a team that really didn't seem too bothered about being at The Lane. Advantage us ? Demoralised Everton team, resurggent Spurs with a talisman in Pav? Or a kick up the a*se for them ? Moyes will read the riot act and demand a response & we maybe complacent after such an easy victory? Me ? Advantage us . . . . . . . .

Sundays game Empty Re: Sundays game

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26 2010, 09:50

well then beat us last season 1 0 at the lane. we have a great chance as they played tonight. so yea i think we can win. wich will be a big win for us. cant wait for the game

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26 2010, 11:10

I think we are due a good run now vis, we have had our mid season blip and now we are firing again.
    Having ekotto back and pav and bale in such good form i reckon we can give them a 3-0 thumping at the lane.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Feb 27 2010, 00:08

they may have beat us last season lought but they were well lucky mate we were much the better team up at their place in dec and threw the points away defoe pen miss and all lol close fought game us winning by the odd goal
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Feb 27 2010, 00:20

Bloody hope so I'm taking an Everton nut with me. If not he's walking home!!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Feb 27 2010, 02:17

They are always a hard team to beat and they have hit a good bit of form at the moment. I think it will be a low scoring game and maybe 1-0 either way but I think it will be a draw either 0-0 or 1-1.
    Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27 2010, 03:40

i dont do predictins, but if spurs aint anywhere near there best they will lose, i rate everton, moyes and some of there players very highly and they have the best team spirit i have seen this season in any team. i think feillini and cahil are missing which is very good news for yous, but they are a decent side,
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 27 2010, 04:17

Although it will be tough and a close game, Pav is very clinical at the mom and we always create lots of chances. Modders is running into a bit of form, my only concern is they have a very robost midfield, even without Cahill and the hair bear bunch, so we need Wilson to recover from this bug, but as he came off second half Weds, he should have got over it by Sunday. Bale will occupy left right side, its Pienaar bombing down the left thats a worry.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Feb 27 2010, 09:16

I think the defeat in midweek will knock Everton's confidence, and they are playing away to a team whose competing for 4th place. They will be under pressure, but at the same time they will be up for it. If we play our usual game, we should win, its all about our defensive play, as long as we keep strong in that area, Pav can get the goals and lead us to victory!! COYS!!
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat Feb 27 2010, 09:36

We have to make sure complacency doesn't set in. We cruised to victory Wednesday & they basically got thumped. So they will have a point to prove. But they don't play great football they grind out wins with a good team ethic & a fire in the belly. So if we get at them from the off our more fluent football should see us through as long as we're as clinical as we have been of late.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Feb 27 2010, 10:08

Burger... Fellani not playing....... IS good news for us for 1 reason, we might just finish the game without any injuries he's 1 dirty man!!
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sat Feb 27 2010, 10:21

djfitzo wrote: Bale will occupy left right side, its Pienaar bombing down the left thats a worry.
    This is my main worry to play Benny Ekotto on the right will be a big mistake, I watched the match against Bolton he seemed very uncormfotable playing on the right, why not play as a L/Back and push Bale foward to lL/ Winger

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27 2010, 10:42

well said phillip. ekotto cant play rightback

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28 2010, 03:53

Tottenham's Wilson Palacios and Vedran Corluka hope to recover in time from a stomach virus that has swept through the club's training ground.
    Jermain Defoe is doubtful after aggravating a hamstring problem and fellow striker Peter Crouch faces a late fitness test on a foot problem.
    Everton pair Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga are available after missing Thursday's Europa League defeat.
    Phil Jagielka may figure after making his return from injury in that game.

Tottenham
    Doubtful: Corluka & Palacios (both virus), Crouch (foot) Defoe (hamstring)
    Injured: Cudicini (broken wrists), Jenas (groin), King (thigh), Lennon & Woodgate (both groin)
    Everton
    Doubtful: Anichebe (back), Jagielka (knee)
    Injured: Cahill (calf), Fellaini (ankle), Hibbert (groin), Senderos (back)
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Feb 28 2010, 05:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:well said phillip. ekotto cant play rightback
    if corluka doesnt make it then i would play walker right back

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28 2010, 07:31

spurslegend wrote:

Walker just needs his chance like bale has dave ! corluka would find it hard to regain his place if walker gets a game , just watch the speed of the lads runs down the right dave, we potentially have the best right back in england, trust me.

I am not knocking vedran , nothing wrong with him imo, just that walker will be a tottenham star.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 28 2010, 20:23

lewspurs wrote:
    spurslegend wrote:

Walker just needs his chance like bale has dave ! corluka would find it hard to regain his place if walker gets a game , just watch the speed of the lads runs down the right dave, we potentially have the best right back in england, trust me.

I am not knocking vedran , nothing wrong with him imo, just that walker will be a tottenham star.
    Its all about experience Lew, Charlie has it in spades, its only when he has to chase he gets found wanting, but at close quarters he doesnt get beaten often. Its such an important game for us now that Citeh thumped Chelski, but Walkers got to play at some point and the fact that Naughton got sent out on load and we brought Walker back, says a lot about what the club think of him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:46