The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

That truth of that tackle.

That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 Empty Re: That truth of that tackle.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:13

burger777 wrote:arnie mate u should be gooner, nothing to be gained from that tackle, only a horrific injury. the lad was wrecklass but more importantly he was probably instructed to do it, its only soft bellied arsenal it dont really matter.

He was instructed to do it, LOL its almost as bad as jims wenger diving theory, so pulis told shawcross to break someones leg, LOL.
    Biggest load of crap i have read in years. i dont know why i bother to read the crap.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:17

u dont think coaches instruct there players to kick players.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:18

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    burger777 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:I feel that the Shawcross tackle was not malicious but a silly football one ... The way he went in for it, the ball would most likely had ended up somewhere in the stands , perhaps a goon goal-kick .. He wasnt concerned with gaining possesion of it... It's an intimidating tackle and the sad thing is that there's been to much of this rubbish prehistoric football in our game for far to long now with british coaches being the biggest followers of it ... What's more we praise them for it ..... ! That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
    the best and most constructive post i have read on this very sad matter, baz can u give arnie a rep point from me please. the point is it aint about stopping tackling, its about stopping the dangerous stuff.

Lol Burg cheers m8 ... ... what about Birmingham's Ridgewell tackle on the Wigan left-back, right by the corner flag ?..The wigan left back was half off the pitch going no where and Ridgewell comes sliding in with two feet and flattens him taking out the linesman too and hardly anything is said .... Previously in the evening I'd watched Sky Sports Spanish La Liga and watched the ref send off a Valencia player , I think it were Miguiel, for a dangerous tackle which didnt connect, but it was dangerous all the same and it were a straight red .... Stoke and Birmingham are two teams doing well in the premeirship but how good would they be in the spanish La Liga? ...Stoke every week would have a player sent off for sure lol

To many of our coaches are out of step with FIFA in their view of the game , always have been ...Perhaps its why there are so few good english managers in the best jobs in our game and perhaps too why as a nation, we've not fared so well in the major tourneys?
    savage took a bad one by the corner flag as well last week, proper leg breaker.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:28

[quote="burger777[color=red]"]arnie mate u should be gooner, [/color]

That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 1390 I'd rather have diet of dodgy lasagne for the rest of my days That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 1390

nothing to be gained from that tackle, only a horrific injury. the lad was wrecklass but more importantly he was probably instructed to do it, its only soft bellied arsenal it dont really matter.

I suppose we all know the score, Burger, Venger included ....He's been in the english game long enough now and knows the animal he is dealing with.. I think it was, Jim in another thread that has touched on this. ...
    There are teams like Stoke and Birmingham to deal with and sometimes players like dare I say it , our Wilson Palacious are needed .... I think this should be Vengers prority for next season , a hard man in midfield and another goalie ...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:30

savage took a bad one by the corner flag as well last week, proper leg breaker.

Yep, that one was a shocker too ..... Every week on that Football league programme we see horror tackles ...

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:34

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]
    burger777[color=red] wrote:arnie mate u should be gooner, rkblue].... I think this should be Vengers prority for next season , a hard man in midfield and another goalie ...

Oh wenger likes em hard alright arnie ! usually in the showers as depicted in spursbod picture.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:37

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    burger777[color=red] wrote:arnie mate u should be gooner, rkblue].... I think this should be Vengers prority for next season , a hard man in midfield and another goalie ...

Oh wenger likes em hard alright arnie ! usually in the showers as depicted in spursbod picture.

That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 Lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:39

Mark2spark wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote: As an afterthought how must Shawcross be feeling ? To be involved in such a terrible incident then be called up for England 2 hours later ? It says a lot to me that he left the ground with his Mum & Dad. Surely not the action of a Jack-the-lad, couldn't careless type of player . . . . . .

I liked your first post viz about contact sport and all that, but I suspect shawcross feels similar to last year when his tackle put Adebayawn out for a month, or when just previous to that his tackle broke Francis Jeffers ankle.
    Suppose you didn't know that about him?
    He's a 6'5" hulk that needs to pull the reins in a bit and consider the fruitfullness of going for a ball like that, and the consequences of not making it. That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes Which he hasn't by at least three times now with serious consequences.

To be honest Mark I didn't know Shawcross had previous. Your point about self-regard on his part is therefore very correct. I will say tho' that the physical side of the game is something I enjoy. The battle of strength and will between players. I could say that perhaps Shawcross is trying to impose himself on an opponent but has yet to learn the fine art of tackling ? I could also say that he was making sure he won the ball or at least arsenil would not be able to counter-attack from a loose ball situation but at the end of the day it was an unwarrented, overly robust challenge that has changed the career path of a promising young player . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:43

do us a favour lew and move on mate, im having a decent convo with arnie and your doing your best to spoil it, arnie we have never replaced paddy and thats the 1 thing that i think wenger wont except, even his ready made replacement (flamini) he moved on because of 10 k a week. but these guys and palacious tackled to win the ball back for there team and to my knowledge never hurt anybody, not serious anyway, there is nothing wrong with this and i for 1 is a big admirer of hard tackling .

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:49

burger777 wrote:do us a favour lew and move on mate, im having a decent convo with arnie and your doing your best to spoil it, arnie we have never replaced paddy and thats the 1 thing that i think wenger wont except, even his ready made replacement (flamini) he moved on because of 10 k a week. but these guys and palacious tackled to win the ball back for there team and to my knowledge never hurt anybody, not serious anyway, there is nothing wrong with this and i for 1 is a big admirer of hard tackling .

Get lost idiot ! if you want to get in quips of fickle then apply it to your own fans and not us, how many posts have you put on here saying ...........fickle, how many of your opinions state fickle ?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:56

you are on 1 lew again, name callin and getting personal.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:03

burger777 wrote:you are on 1 lew again, name callin and getting personal.

Burger you have this tendency to be able to talk spurs with conviction and then you spoil it by crap comments like i have already stated, thats what gets me mate ! how often do you slip in the fickle word when it applies to your own fans ?

Make comments if they (the contents of your comments) dont apply to your own fans, otherwise it makes you come across as hypocritical.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:13

i call u fickle lew because i witness it on THIS BOARD, i aint talking about spurs and i aint talking about arsenal im talking about what i see on THIS BOARD, the other week you were slating harry and his tactics and why he cant beak down 10 man defences etc, 3 wins later you are saying quite the opposite, that to me is very fickle, the amount of change in small amout of time, so dont take it personally and please stop telling me what u think arsenal supporters are thinking, ive been going for 30 years.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:26

Personally I think fickle can apply to all football supporters. You only have to look at the forms all over the net to see that. I know I am fickle at times and I will admit it. Whether Spurs supporters are more fickle than other supporters though is open to question. Supporters have a right to be fickle IMO You pays your money and takes your choice.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:37

most arsenal fans wanted wenger out a month ago. plus your telling me burgs that wenger doesnt tell your players to dive. every team dives now. we see it week in week out players fallen over to get free kicks. the worst is when a defedners running back to hes own goal with a player chasen him. he falls over the ref blows for a free kick. that ref aganst stoke couldnt wait to give the pen for arsneal

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:40

ive never met a fan who has wanted wenger gone lought, and as for the pen i think getting 1 out of 3 aint bad is it. and i dont know wheter wenger tells his players to dive but nor do you.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:45

i dont know wheter wenger tells his players to dive but nor do you.

71 red cards Burger. One of the worst disciplinary records in the Prem if not the worst. Leave it out mate PMSL.

Last edited by BazSpur (Admin) on Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:48; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:47

red cards and diving baz, 2 different topics
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:47

ve never met a fan who has wanted wenger gone lought,

Come off it Burger. It wasn't that long ago that there were some on Lizzy's board calling for Wenger to go not so long ago. I am on there quite a bit having a look around.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:49

Well, if he encourages fouling and bad behaviour it doesn't take a genius to work out he tells them to dive also. That was the point I was trying to make.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:51

I think it's at least 74 now Baz (lol), but we seem to be getting bogged down with the subject at hand. Bad tackle or just poorly judged tackle. I go with the latter . . . .. . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 02 2010, 09:53

Yes, Vis you are right, lets get back on topic. Badly judged in my opinion but we all know Whinger would have Shawcross hung drawn and quartered if he could.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 10:00

Who cares what Professor Hubert.J Farnsworth thinks. This a man who let uncle sol back in the showers with lil theo lol. (How much more off topic can you get than that ? I thank you) . . . . . . . . . That truth of that tackle. - Page 2 799219

Last edited by VisionarySound on Tue Mar 02 2010, 10:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got hubies name wrong lol (aka the ole myopic one))
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 02 2010, 10:02

PMSL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:09