The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WTF EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WTF EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WTF EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WTF EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WTF EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WTF EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WTF EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WTF EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WTF EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WTF Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
philip
HotspurRoper
tressman1
BazSpur
8 posters

WTF

WTF Empty WTF

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 01:47

Listening on radio and are we going to throw a 2 goal lead away again ? Squeaky bum last 5 minutes coming up . . . . . . .

WTF Empty Re: WTF

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 01:53

6 minutes of time on ????

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 01:57

Phew. How can we boss the game so well 1st half and be under the cosh so much 2nd half ? Thats aged me a touch lol . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 01 2010, 02:04

The key for Everton's revival second half was Tommy going off. It upset the midfield and allowed Everton to push up more. Still we held on thats the main thing. Just shows how much Thudd adds to our midfield.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 02:08

Certainley what it sounded like to me Baz. As you say shows the Thudds worth to us . . . . .
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Mar 01 2010, 02:15

Trust me we were all over them 1st half, they were better 2nd half but Thudd's lost had us all over the place
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Mar 01 2010, 04:10

Totally agree Baz, THudd goin off knacked us, Kaboul just not good enough. What Harry was thinking bring him back i dont know!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 01 2010, 04:29

I agree about Kaboul, Lee didn't sound as though he added anything today. As you say, whry we bought him only Arry knows.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Mar 01 2010, 04:31

Only thing i can think of is Pompy still owed us for him and said "Here take him back, we owe you nowt now" Waste of time!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 04:39

Kaboul is sh*t and will remain so me thinks. Think you are correct Lee with your summary of the deal. Kaboul looks like a young Marlon Brando but he sure as hell ain't got his talent. Lets hope he can come good. Because where my Spurs are concerned I'm always 'appy to eat double portions of 'umbble pie. Thing is tho' it really showed today the importance of the Thudd . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Mar 01 2010, 04:45

Yeah agree on Hudd mate. A case of you dont really know what you've got till its gone really.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Mar 01 2010, 06:30

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:I agree about Kaboul, Lee didn't sound as though he added anything today. As you say, whry we bought him only Arry knows.
    That was my observation as well, I can't wait for Hudd to recover. By the way does anybody know how long will Jenas be off injured? He would have done a better job
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Mar 01 2010, 06:32

Yep, Hudd going off pushed Spurs back, but Everton did pile on the pressure 2nd half, we were on the back foot for most of the 2nd half. But saying all that, we still had scoring chances and could have gone 3 up. When i saw Kaboul come on, i wasnt happy. But although he didnt do much or have an influence, he looked a bit better than usual, getting stuck in and making a few good passes, but still didnt do enough to warrant his place in the team. Pav had another good game, Defoe wasnt himself once again, Kranjcar & Modric were quality, and Dawson great in defence once again. It was a shakey 2nd half, but we held on and its great to be back in 4th place.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Mar 01 2010, 06:41

kaboul is no central midfielder a good center half maybe i thought arry should have bought on ekotto pushed bale to left wing and modric come more central
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 01 2010, 06:47

I agree Dave. It looks like Thudd will be out for a little while. I would push Modric WTF 162191 into the centre alongside Palacious and as you say put Bale on left midfield with Ekotto left back sorted lol.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 16:12

VisionarySound wrote:Phew. How can we boss the game so well 1st half and be under the cosh so much 2nd half ? Thats aged me a touch lol . . . . . .

Watched it on espn vis, we backed off them when hud went off but we were never going to lose the game, even when they got their goal you just felt we were going to win, but we should have kept them under pressure.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Mar 01 2010, 17:44

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:I agree Dave. It looks like Thudd will be out for a little while. I would push Modric WTF 162191 into the centre alongside Palacious and as you say put Bale on left midfield with Ekotto left back sorted lol.

I'd change things as little as possible Baz by moving Krncjar into the Hudds position, leaving Modric to the role he does best. Kranky has the bulk, the vision and the ability to slot into the Hudds place. That way, with Bentley out as well, you could play a middle four of Modric, Krancjar, Palacios and Rose. With that line up you have pace, guile and muscle with Ekotto available to change things around by pushing Bale on into midfield and overloading their right hand side.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 01 2010, 21:25

One massive problem is Wilsons on 9 bookings and we you get to ten you get a ban, not sure how many games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:13