The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Super pav ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Super pav ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Super pav ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Super pav ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Super pav ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Super pav ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Super pav ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Super pav ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Super pav ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Super pav ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Super pav !

Super pav ! Empty Super pav !

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 01:56

Yeah its all history now ! 6 points given to the wolves, feeling generous to hull and stoke, could pav have changed all that ?
    robspurs
    robspurs
    4th Division
    4th Division

Super pav ! Empty Re: Super pav !

Post by robspurs Sun Mar 14 2010, 13:23

Hopefully Harry has lernt his lesson that he has been wrong leaving him out!
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 15:38

I agree !!! there is no way of knowing if Pav would have scored but ........it would seem likely...... an ego is a costly flaw in a Manager lets hope we can claim that 4th place but April seems to be a hard month to pick up points !!!!! but City & villa have some hard hard games too.. I have a feeling we might just have done enough,,, or is that just my heart Super pav ! 24840

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 19:19

maybe this was great man management by harry, pav wasnt performing in training, pav needed sorting out, pav was being disruptive so harry took away from him what he really desired in first team football, made him work hard in training, made him knuckle down and made him see sense, ending up with a fresh, up for it and very usefull striker to have, to see your run in thru. i know even when your playing well u cant help knock your manager (fickle) but maybe its because of harry that pav is playing so well, just a thut.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 20:00

Instead of taking the word of "irons" show me any proof that Pav is guilty of any of the things you have just stated.... all that is hear say, as I keep trying to make this point to "irons" I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I have seen no article that any of those claims have been made by anyone about Pav....... just as there is no proof that 'Arry did not play Pav because he wasn't one of 'Arry's players at the club, it is all speculation unless somebody is willing to put up some Proof to state otherwise.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 20:11

i look at pav and what hes doing now thats enuff evidence for me to say hes been handled well, 3 weeks ago u couldn hit a barn door now u look a very good side, thats great management imo. i dont know the reasons why harry left out pav but i know hes benefiting from it now and yids have there best chance ever to get top 4, u guys can carry on slagging harry if u want, that dont surprise me one bit, if u lose next week most will be calling for his head anyway.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 20:12

ps was it not leggy that said he had a mates son in the youth set up who said pavs being disruptive in training. yids words my friend not mine.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 20:29

Dont get me wrong I still believe Arry has done a great job for us no question at all !!!!!!!!!! the question posed was would we have done better if Pav played earlier.... that was the question that I read into the above post, in which case did Arry make a mistake ??
    I still believe Arry only played Pav because of fan pressure......... other people believe differently, if at that time Arry had not put Pav on the Pitch I believe all hell was just about to be unleashed, I believe you could tell that by what was been written on here and other sites, and by the way the crowd at the games were getting more and more vocal, that I could hear on the TV.
    I have no proof of this..... this is just my belief...... as I said other's on here see it other ways, that's fine too, but if it is just someones belief, that should be said in the post's, if that person has proof, post the proof so we can all see it.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 20:42

i cant supply any of evidence of why pav was left out for so long but i can supply evidence of how he is playing now and that should be the most important thing in yids fickle heads at the moment, every team could say if only, why didn he do that, etc, it dont change a thing tho, its the future that matters and whatever happened between pav and harry its obviously working for you now. come on yids you are 4th, liverpool lost yesterday, villa drew, your probably in a semi final of the fa cup as well, its not really my job to get you upbeat but thinking backwards dont help the team move forwards. lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 14 2010, 21:00

The irony here is that I never once said that Pav was being disruptive, I merely stated that if such was the case then Harry was doing right by leaving him out.

I really don't know what the situation was and I suspect that there's only 3 people who really do. Pav, Harry and Levy.

One of the things I speculated on was whether Harry would lose credibility with the team if he played Pav when/if he was being disruptive. had that happened then, as stated previously, he may as well have started looking for another job as he'd be a dead man walking.

For me, the most plausible explanation is that Harry laid down the law and it took Pav a while to 'smell the coffee'. We may well have lost ground as a result but, for me, the discipline in the changing room is far more important than the points we dropped. If it has welded them into a unit thatrespects and responds to the boss then he has 'managed' the situation superbly.

I don't know whether the enforced benching has produced a hungrier more disciplined striker but I'd like to think so.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 21:02

Burger I was banging the play Pav drum a long time ago........ long before other's jumped on the wagon..... I also stated my belief that Robbie Keane needed to be dropped or sold........ a long time ago........ when I got more grief....... from certain quarters ...... funny how in the end Robbie got dropped and shipped out ( we dont know for how long yet ) and Pav is playing and scoring.... and apparently Im stupid !!!! Da.... Hello ............. WTF
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 21:07

OK I take that point, it could be the case Ion, but it could just as easy be the pressure Arry felt and had to play him, tell me do you believe Arry felt ant pressure to play Pav??
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 14 2010, 22:11

No one knows what the situation between Arry and Pav was all about. We can only speculate.As it happens there were lots of us on here who were waxing lyrical that Arry should play Pav. Maybe Arry saw the posts on here Super pav ! Lol or maybe he listened to the supporters calling out for Pav although I doubt it. Something was obviously said to Pav because he has been a revelation of late and is beginning to look a gem. Berbatoss? Who is he?
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sun Mar 14 2010, 22:18

Yer he saw it on here oh S#@T Super pav ! 24840 Super pav ! 268750 I better play the lad, bugger me he's scored, better play him next week to Super pav ! Lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:04

[quote="tressman1"]OK I take that point, it could be the case Ion, but it could just as easy be the pressure Arry felt and had to play him, tell me do you believe Arry felt ant pressure to play Pav??

I've no doubt that he did. However, I don't think it was just fan pressure that decided him. At the moment Pav is on fire, the most in form striker in the Prem. Would he have been from the off? I haven't a Scooby. All I've been trying to say though is that if he was disruptive then Harry has managed him really well. He's also managed his own position really well and I think that he has a far greater measure of respect from the players as a result.

Put it this way, he's not here to win friends, he's here to win titles. I don't think he gives a toss whether the players like him or not as long as they respect him and do as he requires.

Take SAF as an example, any player stepped out of line, no matter who they were, they got schooled. Beckham got 'the hairdryer', Jaap Stamm got the gooner. Every player in the changing room knew who was the boss.

They also knew that the boss would take them to a full trophy cabinet.

OK Harry might not quite emulate that but, for my money, he's going the right way about it.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Mar 15 2010, 00:18

I know you think that about arry, I know your dedication to the Manager and the team they can do no wrong..... and thats where you come from and I understand that..... even if we dont win the cup....WHICH WE WILL ..... but just saying......and if we dont get a CL place ....WHICH WE WILL..... but just saying....Arry will in my book have had a good season with the boys which can only get better.... just a little worried that sometimes he seemed to run out of ideas ...which just nags at me....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:29