The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
super pav EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
super pav EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
super pav EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
super pav EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
super pav EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
super pav EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
super pav EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
super pav EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
super pav EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

super pav Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

super pav

super pav Empty super pav

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 12:35

“I wanted to remind people that there is such a football player as Roman Pavlyuchenko, and the transfer to Tottenham wasn’t in vain for him or for the team,”

“Reading the press, the press almost forgot about me and then there were different speculations about where I would be sold during the transfer season. So yes I wanted to prove to everybody that Roman Pavlyuchenko can still play and that he’s still a good footballer.

“Anyone in my place would feel difficult in a similar situation, when you’re a footballer and you’re not allowed to play. Footballers don’t have a long professional career or life span so you want to enjoy those years of playing in a team, winning and enjoying the game, being on the pitch.”

“I can say that in all the teams I’ve played for in Russia I’ve never seen the level of support that I’ve received at this club,” he said. “The fans have been very generous to me. Even when I haven’t been playing for half the year they would still chant my name during the game.

“I was very lucky and very grateful to receive this support they provided. In the end, all that I am doing is for the fans to enjoy, this is the aim of the game.

“I took my chance and I wanted to capitalise on it as much as I could, but it’s only been a couple of games now, and it’s important to keep playing at this level for the rest of the season.

“I wouldn’t say that my goals have galvanised the team. The team itself has progressed immensely and we are a much better team compared to last year, definitely in terms of the team spirit. We’re almost like one family and that definitely contributes to the success, and I would say that this is the most important thing in football.

“My goals should be a credit to the whole team, not just to myself. I’m just presented with a chance, and all I’m trying to do is to capitalise on this chance.

“We still have to play the likes of Chelsea, ars*nal and Manchester United. These are difficult teams but in football anything can happen, and any team can be a surprise.

All together... Super, super pav...

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 05:37