The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Can we do it this time ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Can we do it this time ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Can we do it this time ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Can we do it this time ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Can we do it this time ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Can we do it this time ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Can we do it this time ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Can we do it this time ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Can we do it this time ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Can we do it this time ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Can we do it this time ?

Can we do it this time ? Empty Can we do it this time ?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27 2010, 18:36

We have to respect that massive season big mart had for us when we faltered near the winning post after holding 4th place for so long, now we are close again ! can we hold on this time.

For me the answer is yes, because we have a bigger and better squad than when jolly was in charge.

With a possible 10 matches left till the end of the season we just have to take each game as it comes with the players we have available, and there is a plus factor here with long term injured players coming back, lennon is definately a better player when he comes back after an enforced break through injury, in fact i would say that lennon has a big part to play in any success our club might gain this season.

If at the end of the day we achieve nothing but europa league qualification then it will be disappointing but it has been a great season under harry.

I think many of us on here have criticised him , (fickle fickle ) creatures that us spurs fans are but at the end of the day its only because we want success so badly, things are often said through frustration and impatience, and a certain poster on here throws those remarks back into our faces with aplomb ! i really dont care because we are all entitled to our opinions, harry has blundered a couple of times and its been glaringly obvious, so are we suppose to sit there and ignore it ? Can we do it this time ? Lol enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is being a spurs supporter........wouldnt change it for anything !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Can we do it this time ? Empty Re: Can we do it this time ?

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 01 2010, 00:44

Not sure Lew, I said at the beginning of the season I didn't think we would make fourth but we are still there. Man City are our biggest threat but like us they have some tough games. All to play for Lew, all to play for.

Last edited by BazSpur (Admin) on Thu Apr 01 2010, 01:39; edited 1 time in total
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 01 2010, 01:23

I'll repost this as its my answer to the thread

Everyone keeps talking about our run in and forgetting about the teams around us, Liverpool aside who only really have Chelski to play, that saying they do draw a lot of games away and are 4 points from us having played one more.

Citeh have Manure, Arsenal, Villa and us, plus brum which is always hard

Villa are 7 points behind have Citeh Brum and Everton

Also there will be teams scrapping for their prem existence and although we have Arsenal and Chelski, they are at WHL.

I dont think anyone will know who will get 4th until the last two games in May.

Forever a lilywhite

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 01:53

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Not sure Lew, I said at the beginning of the season I didn't think we would make fourth but we are still there. Man City are our biggest threat but like us they have some tough games. All to play for Lew, all to play for.

I think many write us off because of our inconsistency in the past, i believe harry has instilled this vital football ingredient into our club, for instance how many games have we lost this year?

Its a long time since that top 4 was broken up, i believe we are the team to do it , liverpool will mess up in at least 2 of those games they have left..........but lets just see ! its all in our hands anyway.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 01 2010, 02:13

6 wins on the trot now isn't it? We must be one of the in form teams. Can we keep it going Lew? Its a big ask but if we could take at least 5 points from the big 3, we must be in with a shout of top 4.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Apr 02 2010, 18:54

So our tough April, not so tough now, we have players coming back from injury.
    Manure - no Rooney
    Arsenal - no Fabregas,Gallas or Van Persil
    Chelski is the only worry and you can still get at John Terry.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Apr 02 2010, 19:16

djfitzo wrote:So our tough April, not so tough now, we have players coming back from injury.
    Manure - no Rooney
    Arsenal - no Fabregas,Gallas or Van Persil
    Chelski is the only worry and you can still get at John Terry.
    I even forgot Arshavin as well

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 01:21