The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
paint dry - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
paint dry - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
paint dry - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

paint dry - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
HotspurRoper
spurslegend
6 posters

paint dry

paint dry - Page 2 Empty Re: paint dry

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:18

thats tarrabt and u wanting your team to be ruthless, decent opinions backed up with some evidence as well, it aint allowed lought, if u dont agree with the flock they will gather up and round up on ya, i never see the yid game so cant really comment, but i would bet there second half performance had nothing to do with letting up or harry feeling for his old club, i think the point about being ruthless is a good one as its not a bad habit to have in a football side.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:30

Ah c'mon Burgs stop trawling for chums . . . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:31

Would you like a spoon Burger? paint dry - Page 2 752836

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:32

LOL Baz . . . ... . . . SNAP .. . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:34

Lol, Vis, he tries hard.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:35

He's a regular Burger no mates lol.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:36

lol, love it, here they come 1 by 1
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:44

There's thousands of em. paint dry - Page 2 Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:46

You love it mate, You love the crack.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:48

I think you'll find the old song goes - 2 by 2 Burgs . . . . . . . .
    (the goners came in 2 by 2 harah harah, they had to go to specsavers harah harah, blind as bat and smell like a rat and the goners came on board by all 2 by 2, by 2 by 2 )

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:49

lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 08:11

since coruch was in the team the goals have dried up FACT
    since pav been back we scorein more FACT
    When crouch started games we would go long ball and look poor , remeber man u a*se chelsea games all games crouch started along with the 0 0 at home to wolves h/a stoke h . people that go to games say crouch isnt very good, yea he works hard for the team but for a big lad hes heading is woefull. hes shootin is crap. and he needs 3 touches to get the bal under controll.
    all facts. we look better wiv pav and defoe then crouch and defoe most peopl will agree. crouch 1 in 11 starts now and to think the teams in that time wernt the top 4.
    so aslong as crouch keeps workin hard for the team then i have no probs him being in the sqaud but a regualr starter do me a favour. 3meter peter remember that

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 08:16

burger i bet they all like flock of seagulls lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 08:39

Flock of seagulls ? fcuk me Lought lets all wish we had a photograph (of Burgs). It's not me talking , I ran so far away, but you know what ? The more you live, the more you love (Crouchy lol) . . . . .. . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 08:56

CTHT

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 09:01

if he scores aganst the goons il buy a peter crouch tshirt ok lol or maybe a jesus one as id of seen a miriacle.
    to think pav scored more goals in less then 9 full starts then rodneys got all season lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:17

crouch got decent record against us.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:33

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]since coruch was in the team the goals have dried up FACT

Have dried up?

So Crouch was the reason that the entire team was unable to score?
    You're really scraping the barrel there Lought.

since pav been back we scorein more FACT

Never denied it and agree 100%. Pav is certainly the better choice of the 2. However, that wasn't the subject was it. You dislike Crouch and you'll continue to dislike him whether he scores 1 in 20 or 20 in 1.

When crouch started games we would go long ball and look poor

In those games where Crouch started we were creating chances for fun and they were coming from all areas of the pitch, you don't get that by playing the long ball as your sole attacking option. I seem to remember we had 3 or 4 games on the bounce where we had around 17 chances at goal with no return. Yes Crouch missed a few but all 17?
    You have systematically singled him out for every failure and that screams louder than anything that you have a vendetta against him and him alone.

remeber man u a*se chelsea games all games crouch started along with the 0 0 at home to wolves h/a stoke h . people that go to games say crouch isnt very good

I couldn't give a toss. I went to games for nigh on 30 years and I can tell you that you are able to analyse a game far better when you see it on the box.

The simple fact of the matter is that he is extremely tall, gangly and his shirt always looks too small for him. He doesn't look like a footballer and that is all that you see.

yea he works hard for the team but for a big lad hes heading is woefull.

I don't agree. What is this 'for a big lad' tripe? I'm sick of seeing that old chestnut. He wins far more headers than he loses and predominantly has them going exactly where he intends them to go.

Didn't he score his last goal with his head by putting it in the one area that the keeper couldn't reach it? From the position he was in it would have been easier for the keeper to save it than score.

Had Pav done the same you'd be waxing lyrical about how brilliant the header was.

hes shootin is crap.

It could be better, that we can both agree on.

and he needs 3 touches to get the bal under controll.
    all facts.

No that is not a 'Fact', unless you can show me 'how many touches to control a ball' stats.

You can't though can you.

Play the ball in to Crouches feet and he can kill it, hold a defender off and then bring either midfield or other strikers into play.

Crouch is not the problem, it's the perception of how you should play the ball in to him that is. Modric utilises Crouch superbly as a hinge point in our attacks. Plays it into his feet then moves off to receive it back and open up his own passing options. The whole time the rest of the team is moving into space around him.

That is what Crouch brings to the team, space, movement and increased attacking options ................... When his greater abilities are utilised properly.

we look better wiv pav and defoe then crouch and defoe most peopl will agree. crouch 1 in 11 starts now and to think the teams in that time wernt the top 4.

But that's just a certain partnership. Having watched Crouch and Gudjohnsen together I'm starting to think that these two together are looking quality, they're on the same wavelength much as Defoe and Pav are.

Defoe and Pav would be my choice for starting front line but, from what I've seen of Crouch and Eidur, we could have another quality pairing.

so aslong as crouch keeps workin hard for the team then i have no probs him being in the sqaud but a regualr starter do me a favour. 3meter peter remember that

And as long as you do you'll carry on blinding yourself to the qualities that he does possess.

He's not my choice of starter either but that wasn't what this post was about was it. You don't like him and revel in every opportunity to knock him for no better reason than you don't fancy him.

Try a little experiment Lought. Be totally honest with yourself and suspend your dislike of the lad, then watch him as an analyst rather than a Spurs fan. Watch his movement and, more importantly, watch the movement of the rest of the team around him. Watch how he links the midfield with attack, how he is used as the pivot point by our play makers, particularly Modric.

See how, as the focal point, he creates space and time for those around him.

Maybe then you'll see why I get so irate when I see our own fans criticising him so cruelly and unjustly. He is not, and never will be, a World class striker, but he doesn't need to be. So long as his involvement creates the opportunities for others to be, or at least appear, World Class then I think he should be applauded for every effort he makes.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:50

Superb post Ion . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Mar 30 2010, 23:54

Thank you Vis.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Mar 31 2010, 05:00

Methinks Lought is just a little peed off that he had to rip up a betting slip lol ...I always thought the golden rule with betting on individual football games, is never bet on games which are potentialy high scoring affairs...?

Ion on this thread , others and myself included feel that Crouch is best used not as a target man...He can play in a passing team and as we have seen for England on numrous occasions, get the ball to him in the penalty box and he can score a goal. I also think most of us agree that Crouch should not be a first team player and from what I've seen of Pav and Eidur , perhaps Defoe as a definite starter will soon have to be looked at ?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 09:53

if it wasnt for pav we would of droped down the table by now, 9 in less then 8 starts.
    crouch 6 in 30 games
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Mar 31 2010, 19:23

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]if it wasnt for pav we would of droped down the table by now, 9 in less then 8 starts.
    crouch 6 in 30 games

So when I agree with you, you actually think I'm arguing?

Come on Lought, take off the blinkers.

Now then, are you going to give the little experiment a go? Try examining a game and observing what Crouch actually does rather than what you believe he does?

Or will you be too busy getting the tissues and moisturiser together in preparation for Pav? paint dry - Page 2 692316
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 31 2010, 19:46

paint dry - Page 2 Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:11