The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Can spurs finish fourth? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Can spurs finish fourth? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
BazSpur
6 posters

Can spurs finish fourth?

Can spurs finish fourth? Empty Can spurs finish fourth?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:09

If the subject can be carried on in a sensible way....

I say that because as you have to play Us, Man U, Chelsk, and citeh yet, your up against it. If you do manage it, i'll be the first to say well done.

Having said that, you was 0-2 up away at Man u not so long ago, and the ref cost you the game.
    Without doing a Wenger, much the same happens to us.
    Whether it's corruption or just ineptness remains to be seen, but neither of us are in the strongest position to go much further than we have done because of this reason. (not enough friends at the FA imo)
    Until we have foreign (neutral) refs in the EPL the status quo will continue imo.

Last edited by Mark2spark on Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Can spurs finish fourth? Empty Re: Can spurs finish fourth?

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:21

They are tough matches Mark, I make no bones about that. I would love to make 4th this year but it could be that because we didn't win matches that we should have done then it may be beyond us. I never predicted 4th so I will stick on that stance. I predicted we will beat you at the Lane because the law of averages says it has to happen sooner or later the longer that unwanted record goes on. The other reason is that we are a different team now and if as looks likely we have King, Lennon, Pav, Defoe and Bentley back and with the Hudd and Bale playing out of their socks. Wenger would be foolish to take our team lightly.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:27

I doubt very much that you'll be taken lightly Baz.

I think that your (pre match musing) downfall, if there is one, is that the current team you'll be fielding has no qualms about trying to play 'proper' open attacking football, and that teams that try to do that against us normally come unstuck.
    With Barcelona about to apply the ultimate test to this theory of mine Thursday might have a range of posts!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:27

What's the deal with Bentley now? Has he 'redeemed' himsel amongst your fans?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:39

[quote="Mark2spark"]What's the deal with Bentley now? Has he 'redeemed' himsel amongst your fans?

He's certainly taken big strides in that direction. You can't help but respect any player who comes to terms with his ego, then knuckles down to regain his status rather than whinge about how unfair life is and demand a transfer.

I, for one, have a greater measure of respect for him now.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:43

Clearly the boy had some growing up to do. He might still have.
    Shame really cos the talent is there alright.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 30 2010, 23:20

Everyone keeps talking about our run in and forgetting about the teams around us, Liverpool aside who only really have Chelski to play, that saying they do draw a lot of games away and are 4 points from us having played one more.

Citeh have Manure, Arsenal, Villa and us, plus brum which is always hard

Villa are 7 points behind have Citeh Brum and Everton

Also there will be teams scrapping for their prem existence and although we have Arsenal and Chelski, they are at WHL.

I dont think anyone will know who will get 4th until the last two games in May.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 31 2010, 03:09

All to play for.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Mar 31 2010, 03:28

can the gooners play 4 english mem in 1 game ?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 03:32

can yids
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 31 2010, 03:47

Now come on Burger you walked into that one didn't you. Thats what you get when you snap back without thinking. Of course we can. Shall I name them? A pointless excercise that would be though. We can play more than 4 as it happens. What you gonna say "You can't because they are injured" The point is we have the capability to play 4 Englishmen in our team.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 03:57

my point is baz that u also have a foreign flavour to your side,
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:11

will the scum play 3 english players in their team this season lol remember this is a english league not that you could tell watching the scum week in week out

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:12

Alnwick
    Walker Dawson King Naughton
    Bentley Huddlestone Jenas Lennon
    Defoe Crouch

Not a bad looking team. Bit light on the left so I suppose I could put Rose in or maybe Livermore . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:15

gomes,ekkottue,corluka,bassong,kachloul,krankjar,modric,palacious,pav,gudjohnsen is the more likely one vis and alot better.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:15

sorry missed bale.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:20

You are missing the point Burger. You said can we play 4 Englishman. Not how many foreign players can we play. The answer is Yes. Can you?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:21

we have played 4 englishmen twice this season baz, good ole carling cup. lol

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:33

burger777 wrote:gomes,ekkottue,corluka,bassong,kachloul,krankjar,modric,palacious,pav,gudjohnsen is the more likely one vis and alot better.

Hmm so you think we are a better team with just 10 players eh Burgs ? LOL then you realised that you missed Bale. My point is that we can field a fair looking team of just English players. Can the goners ? Back to the original crux of the thread, 4th place is within our grasp and down to us to hang onto . . . . . .
    (also 8 of that team are FULL England Internationalplayers with World Cup & Euro Champs experience)

Last edited by VisionarySound on Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added fact about England Internationals)

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:36

yes it is, your in the mix that all u can hope for at this stage, with injured players coming back u should be confident.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:45

walnut lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:46

My point is that we can field a fair
    looking team of just English players. Can the goners ?

Damn, you beat me too it Vis. I was going to post very much the same.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:48

[quote="Mark2spark"]If the subject can be carried on in a sensible way....

I say that because as you have to play Us, Man U, Chelsk, and citeh yet, your up against it. If you do manage it, i'll be the first to say well done.

I feel we need to beat Sunderland this weekend ... If we do, in my eyes that will make us favourites for the fourth spot ...The confidence an away win will give us from a victory at The Stadium Of Light before the games with those three teams above us in the league, cannot be underestimated ...Of course it works the other way too, should we lose to Sunderland it will be a big ask to go into those three games .We get past the 60 point mark before we play your lot and with a game in hand too, we could well be looking at top three rather than top four ...Massive game for us and Darren Bent needs to be taken out Can spurs finish fourth? Icon_eek lol

Having said that, you was 0-2 up away at Man u not so long ago, and the ref cost you the game.
    Without doing a Wenger, much the same happens to us.
    Whether it's corruption or just ineptness remains to be seen, but neither of us are in the strongest position to go much further than we have done because of this reason. (not enough friends at the FA imo)
    Until we have foreign (neutral) refs in the EPL the status quo will continue imo.

We Spurs fans know all about conspiracy theories , we also now know when our lasagne has been tampered with by a dirty goon lol

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 05:02

so at first can i name 4 players, then can i name 4 players that have played in the same side (watt,wilshire,gibbs,eastmond) now its name a half decent team of english players, ok hoyte,campbell,gilbert,gibbs,wislhire,walcot,eastmond,watt,randall,simpson and bartley i would have to use the youth keeper mc dermot but im sure this team would be ok, except the keeper they all have first team experience. how many english lads this season have had first team experience at yid land,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 31 2010, 05:30

Eating out of our hands Burger. Can spurs finish fourth? 858412

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 02:31