The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
SUNDERLAND (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

SUNDERLAND (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

SUNDERLAND (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

SUNDERLAND (My Take) Empty SUNDERLAND (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Sun Apr 04 2010, 08:17

I watched expecting a Sunderland on slaught but i never saw it. Yes they won 3-1 but i never saw that. From what i saw in 90 minutes can't say they where great & we were unlucky. Both teams had there chances.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

SUNDERLAND (My Take) Empty Re: SUNDERLAND (My Take)

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Apr 04 2010, 08:33

Just seen it on Football First , Jim and I think conceeding the opener so early on dictated the course of the game ... It shouldnt I know but it did. I think perhaps because of all the elements of the fixture ... i.e. Our ex - players in their team all forward players too , our injured absentees and players playing carrying knocks, also Sunderland are a strong side at home ( two defeats all season ) . ...

When you're away from home at places like Sunderland you need to have a steady start and not give the opposition early encouragement like what happened .. Thereafter we couldnt get to grips with their aggression and get a string of passes together...

To many of our players didnt have a good game and in the premeirship you dont often come away with points when that happens .. We just have to write it off and hope we can turn it on in our remaining games ...COYS!!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04 2010, 08:43

good assement arnie. they did miss a lot of chances. even jones at the end, looking at man c fixtures they have some hard games left. if we can be in it untill the last game of the season then im sure we can beat burnley

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 03:08

[quote="SuneJim"]I watched expecting a Sunderland on slaught but i never saw it....nor did our defenders jim, bassong and kaboul werent at the races.... Yes they won 3-1 but i never saw that.....no it could have been 6-1, but they had two penalties saved and one goal disallowed,sounds like we were lucky !... From what i saw in 90 minutes can't say they where great & we were unlucky....no jim i refer you to my previous line.........we were lucky it wasnt 6-1. Both teams had there chances........yeah difference was they took theirs.........[/quote]

Last edited by lewspurs on Mon Apr 05 2010, 10:49; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 04:21

yea lew right it should of been 6 1. 2 pens missed. jones had missed a tap in so did that zenden. in the end im just lucky our goal differnce didnt take more of a battering

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 08:45

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea lew right it should of been 6 1. 2 pens missed. jones had missed a tap in so did that zenden. in the end im just lucky our goal differnce didnt take more of a battering

My thoughts exactly lought.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 06 2010, 02:27

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:yea lew right it should of been 6 1. 2 pens missed. jones had missed a tap in so did that zenden. in the end im just lucky our goal differnce didnt take more of a battering

My thoughts exactly lought.
    Agree with you Lougthan and Lew , had we been up against a decent forward line our opponents could've had 6-7 goals but I also hear what Jim is saying that both teams had their chances ...

I just checked the game stats on The Guardian Game Stat Board and the attempts on goal were equal for both teams, 14 with the same amount on target, 7.. Also what was near equal , was the possession, with Sunderland just shading it but for us, it was a poor showing on this particular stat, where we passed the ball no less than 200 times in the whole game which for us, was our worse showing all season! Both teams gave the away the ball more than 70 times out of 200 passes , a shocking stat ! We so missed Hudd and we came down to Sunderland's level !

I'm a glutton for punishment and watched the game again and I can say the standard of the game was poor ..... It all started with poor defending by Benny needlessly giving away the corner in the first minute ... Then bad marking for a free header on our goal from two yeards out .. Gomes will be the first to say he could've done better with the save and the ball luckily fell to the twitter to poke it in.. Then the two penalties we gave away before half-time were poor defending on our part with the twatter scoring one and Gomes saving the other .... In the second half, the poor standard of football carried on from the first, plenty of huff and puff but little else . The tosser then misses yet another penalty , well, Gomes saved it and we then get a goal back .... Then the only real classy forward play in the whole of the match was Zendens to wrap the game up ...

Intrestingly enough, on the various Sunland and Spurs websites , both goalkeepers were selected as Man of the Match for their team, by their fans ...

Exciting for the neutrals and I guess for the mackem fans too, but the standard of play was poor , well that's how i saw it SUNDERLAND (My Take) Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 06 2010, 04:03

"Twitter" "Twatter" Love it PMSL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 00:02