The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Piers Wakes up. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Piers Wakes up. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Piers Wakes up. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Piers Wakes up. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Piers Wakes up. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Piers Wakes up. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Piers Wakes up. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Piers Wakes up. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Piers Wakes up. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Piers Wakes up. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Piers Wakes up.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Piers Wakes up. Empty Piers Wakes up.

Post by BazSpur Sat Apr 10 2010, 06:02

Piers wakes up to what Tottenham fans have known years

Piers Wakes up. DawsonIt is not often I find myself agreeing
    with Piers Morgan; a man I universally loath, but his views on Tottenham
    Hotspur and the manner in which the football club is run is
    something which the majority of supporters will wholeheartedly agree
    with. Piers has saluted Tottenham recruiting British talent and not
    following the route of other clubs, including his beloved Goons, in
    going down the foreign route in order to achieve success.To be
    fair to Piers he needed our very own Lord Sugar to put him straight on
    the matter, after our former chairman texted him in the wake of their
    2-2 comeback against Barca:Sugar : “I would have applauded your lot’s
    British bulldog spirit, only you don’t have any ****ing Brits in the
    team.”
    Morgan: “Assou- Ekotto, Kranjcar and Pavlyuchenko weren’t exactly born
    within the sound of the Bow Bells, now were they?”
    Sugar:
    “Bloody cheek! I can name eight
    British players around the Spurs first team without even thinking about
    it.”
    Indeed it is true and when you look at the Premier
    League in general, Tottenham are streets ahead of anyone else on that
    front. With English owners, English manager and plenty of British
    players within our ranks we are proving that there is a plethora of
    talent closer to home and being that we are on the cusp of our third
    successive cup final, our hopes of qualifying for Champions League in
    our own hands, given we have to play City, it is clear that a little bit
    of faith can go a long way instead of bowing down to the cheaper
    foreign option.I don’t think we get enough credit for our policy
    and why rivals clubs probably don’t see the significance, the future of
    the England team depends
    on clubs like our who are prepared to give English players regular game
    time. I suppose it is no wonder that White
    Hart Lane appears to be something of a second home for Fabio Capello
    on match days.
    Written by Matt
    Wright

Piers Wakes up. Empty Re: Piers Wakes up.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10 2010, 06:29

proud

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10 2010, 23:14

Pathetic. One minute your creaming yourselves over signing dirty argies, next it's "oooh, look at us, go go britain"
    Do you move house if your street isn't 100% british?
    Do you jack in your job if it's not 100% british?
    I could go on but you get the point.
    You didn't have to apply to join this League if you didn't want to.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 11 2010, 00:24

Ooooooh someone got out of bed the wrong side lolol. Piers is only telling the truth Marky. Piers Wakes up. 68020
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Apr 11 2010, 01:02

[quote="Mark2spark"]Pathetic. One minute your creaming yourselves over signing dirty argies, next it's "oooh, look at us, go go britain"

Nothing wrong with a foreign element in your team, within reason.

I've always advocated that the advent of quality foreign players into the English league was to the benefit of the game but, let's face it, you guys really have gone overboard over the past 5 - 10 years. Whether that remains the norm at the a*se remains to be seen.

The operative word here being 'element'.

I really don't understand the attitude of your support though, the lack of patriotism displayed regarding the content of your team. So many people complain about the mercenary nature of players and yet those same complainers show a far more menrcenary attitude when they claim that they don't care where the players come from as long as they bring success.

There is no more mercenary attitude than that.

A question for you Mark, do you honestly believe that the goons would be unable to find young British players that would match the likes of Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson, Vermaelen et al?

Having seen a number of them plying their trade for other clubs I'd find it hard to accept you claiming that you couldn't.

Over to you.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11 2010, 01:14

[quote="Mark2spark"]Pathetic. One minute your creaming yourselves over signing dirty argies,......are you for real ? ardiles and villa were signed in 1978, get up to date marky old spark...... next it's "oooh, look at us, go go britain"......what cobblers !whoever made that claim ? did anyone at the goons say "look at us "" go go france "no ! so name names marky, who said " look at us " go go britain ?
    Do you move house if your street isn't 100% british?.........No i wouldnt but comparing a street say of 100 houses to a football team of eleven.............the comparison is silly !
    Do you jack in your job if it's not 100% british?.........Some might for various and probably racist reasons ?
    I could go on but you get the point.........what point is that marky ? that your club is virtually all foreigners ? why stick up for a policy that doesnt take into account or want to nurture british players..........sad day really when you think of past arsenal teams before wenger went there.
    You didn't have to apply to join this League if you didn't want to.............didnt know we had to apply mark ? what league is that...........? the league of nations?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11 2010, 01:47

Mark2spark wrote:Pathetic. One minute your creaming yourselves over signing dirty argies, next it's "oooh, look at us, go go britain"

Bit touchy 'cos Spurs are at Wembley this weekend Mark ? The home of English football with OUR English players in the squad. I remember we had a similar thread going and I posted a very resonable team of just English players. Light on the left but very capable. All the goners could come up was reserves & youth team players ... . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11 2010, 05:00

Yeah vis i just think that is a crap answer from mark and deserves the derision that follows on from such a post.

Wenger was always going to go french, and it has stood him in good stead, but he would have been liked better had he invested in a little more of the the local talent..

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 11:30

ionman34 wrote:
    A question for you Mark, do you honestly believe that the goons would be unable to find young British players that would match the likes of Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson, Vermaelen et al?

Having seen a number of them plying their trade for other clubs I'd find it hard to accept you claiming that you couldn't.

Over to you.

A respectful post deserves a reasoned answer ion.
    Obviously our manager was going to have a better knowledge of the up and coming 'frenchies', and to be fair, France has had their 5 minutes at the top in recent years.
    The wheel seems to have turned towards Spain at present.
    But honestly, we DO do our bit for bringing, or trying to bring, youngsters up through the ranks.
    Check out our reserves:
    http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players
    Seriously, they are pretty much all English... we're stacked out with them!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 11:33

lewspurs wrote:
    Wenger was always going to go french, and it has stood him in good stead, but he would have been liked better had he invested in a little more of the the local talent..

The same link for you Lew:

http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players

A squad of 35, with only 8 not English.

Last edited by Mark2spark on Mon Apr 12 2010, 12:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some words)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 11:39

VisionarySound wrote:
    Bit touchy 'cos Spurs are at Wembley this weekend Mark ? The home of English football with OUR English players in the squad.

Some things come back to bite Viz Lol

I remember we had a similar thread going and I posted a very resonable team of just English players. Light on the left but very capable. All the goners could come up was reserves & youth team players ... . . . . . .

Well, that's called investing in the future down here. No point in playing players just because of their passport, surely?
    Not sure where you get the capable from? They've not been fielded together to be tested, and if mid-table is the definition of 'capable' then you need to support amateur football methinks Piers Wakes up. Icon_rolleyes

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 11:55

lewspurs wrote:why stick up for a policy that doesnt take into account or want to nurture british players
    Since when did the commercial enterprise known as The Premiership become a training ground for young English/British hopefuls? With Stock Market quoted clubs bearing the cost of this jolly jaunt of exploration with no *exact* benefit to themselves?
    The FA are free to adopt a similar policy to their cricket counterparts and sign up players to the national team and then lend them out to clubs if they want?

"You didn't have to apply to join this League if you didn't want to.............didnt know we had to apply mark ? what league is that...........? the league of nations?"

In 1892 you applied to join the League and you didn't get in because you didn't get ANY votes for, because everyone hated you even then Piers Wakes up. Lol

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 12:03

Sugar : “I would have applauded your lot’s
    British bulldog spirit, only you don’t have any ****ing Brits in the
    team.”

Hilarious when it was Walcott that equalised. Sol was also playing.
    Sorry if some of the other 'Brits' are out of action with broken legs following tackles full of "British Bulldog Spirit"

Since when did you have to be British to have the 'spirit' of the jist anyway?

Boo to Sugar, he's a bandit Piers Wakes up. Icon_pirat

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 18:41

Mark2spark wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:
    Bit touchy 'cos Spurs are at Wembley this weekend Mark ? The home of English football with OUR English players in the squad.

Some things come back to bite Viz Lol

I remember we had a similar thread going and I posted a very resonable team of just English players. Light on the left but very capable. All the goners could come up was reserves & youth team players ... . . . . . .

Well, that's called investing in the future down here. No point in playing players just because of their passport, surely?
    Not sure where you get the capable from? They've not been fielded together to be tested, and if mid-table is the definition of 'capable' then you need to support amateur football methinks Piers Wakes up. Icon_rolleyes

Yup a bite in the bum alright but there we go, at least we were there. The rest of the post dosen't make much sense. Mid- table ? Is that what you call challeging for a top four spot ? And will your lads ever be played together to be tested ? Maybe next season when whinger goes and takes all his favourite players with him . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:38