The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bent ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bent ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bent ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bent ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bent ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bent ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bent ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bent ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bent ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bent ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Bent !

Bent ! Empty Bent !

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18 2010, 02:08

Yeah its all in the past now but could we have accomodated this bloke alongside maybe pav ?

He is among the top scorers in the prem ! and that is with sunderland Bent ! Lol we must have gotten something wrong somewhere when we sold him.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Bent ! Empty Re: Bent !

Post by ionman34 Sun Apr 18 2010, 20:59

[quote="lewspurs"]Yeah its all in the past now but could we have accomodated this bloke alongside maybe pav ?

He is among the top scorers in the prem ! and that is with sunderland Bent ! Lol we must have gotten something wrong somewhere when we sold him.

Why Lew?

We have one of the top scorers in the league in Defoe. Had we kept Bent who does he partner? Defoe? I think even Stevie Wonder can see that they just would not gel.

Pav? So we freeze Defoe out again?

Crouch? Well put the two of them on together and kiss goodbye to the football style that we all crave.

Kiss goodbye to Redknapp too as the boo boys would be screaming for his head.

The right decision was made. Bent is doing well playing at the standard of club that suits him. We have kept a strikeforce that suits us. Sunderland are looking to scrape into the top 10, we're looking to force ourselves into the elite 4.

I'd say on the evidence that the decision was a wise one.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Apr 18 2010, 21:03

He's ok when he's the only golascorer but we've had 17 different scorers for us this season and Defoe is still in the top premiership. What would Man U do without own goals their second highest scorer I believe. So no it was no mistake to let him go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 05 2024, 03:34