The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
kaboul ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

kaboul ! - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

kaboul !

kaboul ! - Page 2 Empty Re: kaboul !

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:06

so harry feels the way lew feels when kaboul plays there lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:18

lol Lought so it seems ....
    Hey Loughtan you're not thinking what I'm thinking are you?
    Oi, Lew , you dont by chance have a face twitch and fill in dodgy tax returns ...? lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:22

[quote="ionman34"][quote="lewspurs"][quote="ionman34"]I can't believe what I'm reading here. I've watched the game against Chelsea 3 times now and Khaboul, I felt, was one of the stand out players of the match. He got done twice by Zhirkov and once by Malouda in 90 minutes, apart from that he kept the right hand side quiet.

You have said it here ion, he got done by malouda and twice by zhirkov, that could have been costly imo, he isnt a right back and i personally worry what man utd will do against him if he retains the right back slot........not saying he hasnt any ability, but he isnt a right back.

Could have been costly? Are you serious? So every time we have a player beaten by one of the opposition in a part of the field where it 'could be costly' then they need to be dropped?
    Ok lets sift through this verbal garbage...............never said anyone had to be dropped, i said that i dont rate kaboul at right back.

Seriously Lew, have you even thought about what you've typed?

Silly answer ion, but i suppose its a space filler for you ?

Modric was beaten to a ball by Deco in the last third. Drop him?
    Bale lost the ball in our half which set up one of their attacks. Drop him?
    Every loss of the ball is potentially costly but I never seem to see the 'fancied players' getting dug out for their errors.

My evaluation was of kaboul mate, so really your reply is dead in its birthday suit ! so is not applicable.

I had to laugh when Lought said that Pav missing three gilt edged sitters was OK because his movement and link up play was good. What a shame he didn't extend the same leniency toward Crouch.

Why mention an argument you have with lought ? tell him mate that you laughed and found it funny.

Honestly Lew, how many fullbacks can you name who never get beaten by a nippy winger? I can't name one, and both of these players are full fledged internationals.

Point taken ion ! the best full backs get beaten by nippy wingers! but you say you saw the match 3 times, watch again and see that kaboul didnt even try to chase back when he got beaten, he left it to the next defender, and thats what alarmed me, and thats why i am saying its a dodgy decision to play kaboul at right back when we have kyle walker if corluka isnt fit.

I suggest you watch it again Lew and see where Khabouls movement, after being beaten, takes him to.

Yeah i did, chasing after their dust, ................ok so lets get this into perspective ion, kaboul isnt a right back so therefore he is allowed any errors, my point is that he is dodgy at right back from what i observed, and i still say if harry plays him there against united or man city then he will get mullered.

Khaboul was excellent against Chelsea and, those few times he did get done, Dawson was there to clean up.

Cant argue with that, daws was excellent.

So you're not arguing that Khaboul was excellent against Chelsea? Or are you going to use 3 isolated incidents as the vehicle have yet another of our players pilloried without cause?

Read it again mr bright ! daws was brilliant, thats what i said, and kaboul isnt being pilloried he is being rated as dodgy at right back by myself, how is that being pilloried?

Now you like to use Bale as the bench mark so often, how many times did you see him beaten? I counted 2.

I have to laugh at this ion ! look at what bale does down the left, the work he puts in is amazing, if he lapses a bit when defending then i think that its excusable, the good bale does far out weighs the bad, plus i think harry gives him artistic license with ekotto covering for him when he goes on one of his raids down the left.

So they score a winner from a mistake by Bale and it's OK but if Khaboul does it, despite having an excellent match, he deserves to be slaughtered? Wind your neck in man, that kind of reasoning is absolute tripe!

Oh for god sake man, its you who are triping your own reasoning, who mentioned bale or any other player, you make it up as you go along, lets stick to kaboul yeah...he isnt good at right back in my opinion.........get the message mr bright ?

Bale was used as a comparison because he is such a good player but he too can get skinned. Khabouls contribution to the game also had a massive amount of good outweighing the bad yet you choose to ignore this.

Why?

Because he looked dodgy at right back to me ! are you getting the message now mr bright ? thats my opinion and i dont need to explain to anyone on here why i make that opinion, you make an opinion and i either say nothing, or i agree or i disagree, but i dont try to make a soap opera of it..get the point in all this now ion .?

I'm getting just a bit fed up of seeing our entire team have an excellent game only for someone to come on and pick out an unfancied player for some unjust criticism, no matter how well he played.

Well fed up is what you will have to be ion because i have an opinion and will put it forward when i deem i want to, and i will say it again that kaboul is well dodgy at right back, i dont need anyone to tell me he had a good game because i saw the match apart from the last 20 minutes when espn let me down, Yes the team played great, and its a fantastic result all agreed mate no problems, i am not knocking the team, to beat chelsea and arsenal in the same week is "triffic" but if we are to aspire to greater things then i think playing kaboul as a makeshift right back will be a weakness that the better teams will exploit, thats my worry ion................

And yet there was no weakness to exploit in either the goon or the Chelsea game so your reasoning is flawed.

How did weaknesses in the goon and chelsea game get into this ? its another ion avenue to take us up, all round the houses and up the trees to monkey land.............

You say the team had a great game yet dig out Khaboul. No one else. No criticism of Pav for missing sitters. No criticism of Bale for missed chances and losing the ball. No criticism of Defoe, Modric, Huddlestone et al. Khaboul contributed as much as any of these but he gets all the criticism.

The thread is called "kaboul " mr bright ! the reply to your question is obvious.

And you can't justify one single bit of that criticism either.

Wow !

He's performed admirably against 2 of the most attacking teams in Europe. He's kept them quiet whilst also providing a good attacking outlet.

Your opinion and you are entitled to it without insults from myself.

Based on the fact that he isn't a regular fullback I'd suggest that he has outperformed the majority of the team because they are playing in accostomed roles.

Your spurs player of the year then ion ? good choice mate..who will win this years epsom derby ? well tell lought because he will remember to keep clear of it.

Ever think of that?

Not really ! i leave thinking to football intellectuals like yourself.

Incidentally, did you happen to see who the ONLY player to pick up Lampards run for their goal was?

That's right, it was Khaboul. A midfielder, running from deep onto a diagonal ball and his run was picked up by the fullback who very nearly did enough to prevent the goal. Dawson didn't pick it, nor did anyone else.

No comment mate ! i have already said espn crackled and spluttered to a halt with 20 minutes to go.

Lay off the guy, he's done an excellent job against 2 of the best sides in Europe and deserves the faith that Redknapp has placed in him.

Got nothing against the bloke ion ! but give me a little credit mate , i bother to take a bit of time watching games afterwards because i record a few now and again, i was right when you laughed at me for saying ekotto was keeping the seat warm for bale months before bale got his chance because ekotto was crocked

So where were you right Lew? So far Ekotto still owns the left back slot whilst Bale is playing as a winger. You're so busy patting yourself on the back that you've failed to see that obvious fact. The left back slot is Ekotto's, Modric had to move to accomodate Bale.........yeah right ! i just wonder who harry would want at left back given the choice of bale or ekotto ? he has just moved the team about to accommodate both of them.

, and what i am saying here is that kaboul is well and truly a dodgy risk at right back.

As keeping the likes of Clichy, Arshavin, Malouda and Zhirkov quiet has proven.

Arshavin wasnt playing mate......do stay on the ball ?

Well dodgy...............Yep, thats what i said mr bright ! glad you have at last got the message.

I hope you trimmed your toenails before you jammed your foot in your mouth......and i hope you got new glasses because what you saw and i saw sounds like you have a spec problem.

If harry plays him at rb in an away game against a good side he will be exposed big time.........i hope not, and i hope i am wrong, in fact i am praying corluka will be back before the man utd game and i am not his greatest fan either.

Huh?

In an away game against a good side?

Granted we were at home but if you think the venue will suddenly make his performances worse then you seriously need to have your bumps felt.

Ha ha ha ! ok mate, we are playing man utd away, they are back in with a chance and will be going hell for leather, good luck to kaboul if he gets that slot again, but dont you worry just a little ? given our past performances there ? i know i do ! i badly want a win there but i cant see it happening with younes at right back.............

I'm going to stick my neck out here and state that we will soon become accostomed to seeing quality performances from Khaboul. He was bought in the first place because he was rated as one of the best young talents coming out of France. He had a mare in his first season for us and it took a spell at Pompey for him to regain his confidence ...................... Under Harry.

Ok mate ! i hope so too, cant disagree at all with that statement !

Ring any bells this? Young player, having a mare, a bit of TLC from Redknapp and a different player emerges.

Yeah did wonders for bale.....dont like to tell you i told you so ! harrys ok.

Bale springs to mind first, followed by The Hudd, Bentley, Dawson ................ Now Khaboul.

Name me one player I've been wrong about up 'til now

Wrong about kaboul at right back mate ! well iffy ! get the message ?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:26

is your wife called sandra lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:is your wife called sandra lol

Sorry lought ! was that directed at me ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:is your wife called sandra lol

lol

I think its Sharon , Loughtan but Lew could be just saying that just to throw us off...

In that Link Loughtan, it says Harry wernt to happy with Walker after the Sunderland game and Lew wants Walker at right back so we could be wrong about Lew being Harry ......
    Oh well, a little gutted now, for a minute there I thought we had Harry's ear on the Bill Nick Forum lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:35

ArnieArdiles wrote:It's ok Lew lol

Just thought you were a bit strong on the Ion muppet thing and putting him on ignore too, after all, if you put up a post about a player , its there to be responded to and he did just that ?

Share your view about that nasty mancity blue ,,,,,,,,,,sort it out Ion lol

Arnie ! i dont have a problem with ion ! i can joust verbally with the best of them, this morning i couldnt be bothered because i knew ion would come on strong because of my kaboul thread, he cant resist it, but what i find hard to accept is his thinking he is....and wanting the last word ! he isnt and that verbosity he wrote is rubbish but he will never admit it.............

I will fight my corner when i think i am right, and what we are talking about here is freedom to air your opinions without insult, if i am wrong i will admit it, thing is ion wont and thats why i put him on ignore but i will do verbal battle with him whenever he wants it............... kaboul ! - Page 2 Icon_cool kaboul ! - Page 2 Icon_cool kaboul ! - Page 2 Icon_cool he is now off ignore.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:01

Lew, I know debates get fiery at times but I have to call into question you calling another poster a Muppet mate. There is no need for that and I think once you go down that route it shows you have no more ammunition to fire. When you go down that avenue you are going down the road of insults. Now, Ion hasn't insulted you in that way.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:23

[quote="ionman34"][quote="lewspurs"]Ion ! i am not going to answer that load of drivel you have just posted in reply, its sh-te and you know it, but i appreciate the time it took you to seperate all the lines and post back in virtually unreadable blue.

Can't say as I blame you Lew. It's difficult to answer when you have none.
    Well lets try red ion, because i cant answer something that is unreadable, and thats the category your reply came back to me in .
    Honestly mate i have never read so much fcking crap replied to in any post on here before, you have been all round the houses and arrived at so many turnings and ifs and buts all of your own making that you must confuse yourself

There appears to be only one confused individual on here Lew and I'm posting to him.

Hmmmmmmm ! confused ? Ha ha ha .writing in that fcking colour, you aint geriatric are you ion ?

just to try and prove you are right about knocking someones comment on here

Now then. You slaughter a player based on him being beaten by 2 players 3 times in 180 minutes of football. You've offered no evidence to the contrary. I point this out and I'm the one going around the houses to prove I'm right?

Are you an over the top individual ion ! i didnt slaughter kaboul i fcking well murdered him as a right back, and straight from the horses mouth harry provides the evidence you so crave........" he also doesnt rate kaboul at right back " kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol

and your comment about ekotto is sh-te too because if we had a natural left winger then bale would take ekottos place no problem and you fcking well know it mate.

Do I?..............yeah but you never admit when you are wrong do you big fella ?

Modric was outstanding on the left before his leg was broken. Bale gets a run out when Ekotto is injured. Ekotto comes back and Bale is pushed forward to play as a winger. Modric comes back but, instead of Ekotto being dropped, Modric going into the left mid and Bale taking his 'rightful place' (PMSL) at left back it's actually Modric that gets shifted for Bale.

What drivel ! so modric is now a left winger ? you twonk ! harry hasnt got a natural left winger and sees ....(like the majority on here ) apart from you that bale has that ability, and so retains ekotto at left back and puts gareth on the wing, its as simple as yourself ion.

Post sense mate otherwise you will get fcking slaughtered ! you aint talking to burger now son !

But I'M talking shite?.............You said it mate !

Oh the irony.........are we going into shakespeare play now or some greek tragedy....?

While you are in stupid mode ion i am putting you on ignore mate !

The refuge of the lack of an argument. Had you an inkling of how to prove your point you'd be arguing for your life.

I rest my case.

I would rest your fcking brain mate ! when you come to your senses just realise that all i said is that i dont rate kaboul as a right back.....no big deal..........and you have made a mountain out of a molehill, and made yourself look silly ....i just hope this doesnt bring all,those frightened of you out of liberation of freedom of speech on here......... kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol they might actually dare to do verbal battle with you mate because i have proved what a bully you are ......

have you ever been to anger management because you come across as one hellava bad tempered individual coming on so strong about someones rating of one player

Having read your petulant rant I'd say the question is one you'd be better qualified to answer.

You didn't give him a 'rating', you gave him nothing but the ravings of someone who rates a player on past reputation rather than current performance.

What planet are you on ? i said i didnt rate him as a right back, you are making out that i said things about him from his past as a spurs player you gonk ! thats all in your mind mate...... get your brain in gear ion and dont make yourself look a mug, and dont try to quote me as saying something that derives from your vivid imagination.

and if you didnt get the message ion..........kaboul is fcking crap at right back in my opinion and i say fck your opinions because they stink.

Just like you didn't rate Modric, said Bassong was useless, reckoned that Ekotto wouldn't get a look in after Bale, thought Huddlestone should be sold ......................... Did I miss any?

Sadly you did mr big shot, you missed the whole fcking point ?

Quality assessments old chum. No wonder you believe my opinions stink.

Why not mention the whole spurs team old chum ? and all this spouts from me saying " i dont rate kaboul as a right back " you are unreal. kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol not to mention the laughs your posts give me.

My one statement mr know it all is that i dont rate kaboul at right back

And you based it on ............................. Pleueh!............ion language only he understands.

I put it to you that there were other 'fancied' players that never got the same criticism and my answer is this rant. No thought out response, no comparisons, no argument. Just a petulant rant then a swift retreat to ignore land.

I never retreat old son, just like yourself, you will carry this argument as far as it takes for me to leave it....you fake..........you might be spurs through and through but you are one hell of an ego fcker mate, you know you have cocked up this time big boy, its just that ego maniacs like yourself cant admit the argument is lost............i would have more respect for you if you did.

you do so good luck to you ! its your opinion and i am not going to lambast you for it, just extend the same kind of courtesy to me mate.

You're not going to lambast me? LMAO!! Was this a pep talk?

No ! just an honest opinion of kaboul.........

Lew, I like you, I really do. But you have this habit of making some statements that provoke reaction. In the past you've admitted to doing this deliberately just to gain a reaction.

I like you too ! kaboul ! - Page 2 695667

Well you got one mate so don't bitch when you don't like it.

You can be my bitch ion ! kaboul ! - Page 2 695667

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:25

lol, probably the best 2 results u have had all year and we still looking at the negs, fickle behaviour that. lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:26

BazSpur wrote:Lew, I know debates get fiery at times but I have to call into question you calling another poster a Muppet mate. There is no need for that and I think once you go down that route it shows you have no more ammunition to fire. When you go down that avenue you are going down the road of insults. Now, Ion hasn't insulted you in that way.

Baz ! you will have to look at past posts by ionman, he has insulted many a poster on here as idiots, so much so that you have had to warn him off.....i read all those posts baz a few months back and ion deserved all you said.
    Thanks mate.point taken, just hope you warn ion the same.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:27

Fickle? ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha You are having a bubble Burgs.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:31

burger777 wrote:lol, probably the best 2 results u have had all year and we still looking at the negs, fickle behaviour that. lol

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....and the gooners thought we were fickle.............

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:33

i wouldn be slating my team or its players if we had 2 results like u have had baz,

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:35

burger777 wrote:i wouldn be slating my team or its players if we had 2 results like u have had baz,

Latch onto any little morsel dont we son ? pathetic really.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:37

lol me. im not latching im laughing.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:41

burger777 wrote:lol me. im not latching im laughing.

At what ====wigan 3 goons 2.............spurs 2 goons 1.

Yeah its funny old mate........... kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol kaboul ! - Page 2 Lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:43

maybe we should our manager and back 4.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:44

change.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:44

burger777 wrote:maybe we should our manager and back 4.

I would mate ! that pile of manure aint going to break your 6 year spell of winning zilch !

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:45

burger777 wrote:change.

Oh dont tell us burg ! you are having a sex change ! oh my god ffsake...........

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:47

yes with a new manager we may have picked up the carling cup in that time.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:49

Good for you burg ! you cant win the bigger things so go for the easier option, kaboul ! - Page 2 24840 kaboul ! - Page 2 268750 kaboul ! - Page 2 940866

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:52

i would rather be competing for the big prizes lew,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 20 2010, 05:11

When did I slate our players Burger?

Sponsored content