The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Why is it so hard for the youngsters ?

Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? Empty Why is it so hard for the youngsters ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 07:50

I have to admit that loughton does have a point when he gripes about harry not giving youngsters much chance.

We only have to look at bale and his massive impact on the team and he only got his chance when ekotto was crocked a few months back,....................its frightening to think that had ekotto not got that injury that bale could still have been warming the bench with the predators sniffing about trying to buy him in the close season for a couple of million, .........What is he worth now ? £20 mill ?

Its worrying that kaboul got the right back slot when we have a young star in the making (kyle walker) same age as bale and raring to go, he has had a couple of run outs but why kaboul got ahead of him for right back i will never know.

Then we have lought,s love of his life taarabt ! instead of loaning the bloke out why not have played him in the carling and fa cup games ? why not have let him on while lennon was injured ?

I am not knocking harry but for a manager who is associated with bringing youngsters on he does seem to have a reluctance in giving our boys a chance, its only bale who has forced his way through, how many others are worthy of a chance ?

Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? Empty Re: Why is it so hard for the youngsters ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 07:58

I think you will see next season these lad's being given a chance Lew. IF 'arry thinks they are his type of player and ready for the 1st team ! Lots of them have gained invaluable 1st team experience while out on loan deals. Did Rose not get his chance Wednesday ? But at half-tme I sure it was decided that in such an important game to take him off was the best way. It's pointless playing youngsters if they are out of their depth and end up getting played off the pitch and then crucified by fans & media alike. I think you will find that 'arry did not just throw youngsters in willy-nilly when at the Bubble Blowers. He played them when he thought it was right or when he had too. If the player took their chance (like Bale) he would then stick with them and allow them to blossom . . . . .

Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? Empty Re: Why is it so hard for the youngsters ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:05

VisionarySound wrote:I think you will see next season these lad's being given a chance Lew. IF 'arry thinks they are his type of player and ready for the 1st team ! Lots of them have gained invaluable 1st team experience while out on loan deals. Did Rose not get his chance Wednesday ? But at half-tme I sure it was decided that in such an important game to take him off was the best way. It's pointless playing youngsters if they are out of their depth and end up getting played off the pitch and then crucified by fans & media alike. I think you will find that 'arry did not just throw youngsters in willy-nilly when at the Bubble Blowers. He played them when he thought it was right or when he had too. If the player took their chance (like Bale) he would then stick with them and allow them to blossom . . . . .

Yeah you have to say that he knows better than us vis, and i forgot he did indeed give rose a run out, and ! i have to admit that rose isnt ready yet from what i have seen of him but what an important goal for the lad, he will feel as tall as crouch now and his confidence levels must be bursting at the moment.

But why play kaboul saturday ? walker is another bale (trust me ) but on the right side, he has skills kaboul could only dream of, it just doesnt make sense imo ? but as you say harry might deem it too early for the lad as yet.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:11

i think im tthe only 1 who thought rose had a poor game last week. i didnt even relise he was playin untill he scored. but lew right walker looks a good player. i wonder what everyones team is when all is fit. how refreashin to see modric and hudd do so well in the middle. hopefully its bye bye to jenas now we have hudd modric wp sandros in the center.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:19

Loughtonlegend wrote:i think im tthe only 1 who thought rose had a poor game last week. i didnt even relise he was playin untill he scored. but lew right walker looks a good player. i wonder what everyones team is when all is fit. how refreashin to see modric and hudd do so well in the middle. hopefully its bye bye to jenas now we have hudd modric wp sandros in the center.

Well he did have poor game lought but he did what bentley did for us, score the goal of the fcking season against the bum rags and thats great for rose,s confidence, he isnt another lennon and i dont know if he will make it at spurs in the end but good luck to the lad, it was a wonder goal.

I feel a bit sorry for jenas, he hasnt quite lived up to expectations, he blows hot and cold, can score terrific goals , go on long runs down the middle and then just give the ball away cheaply.

I wouldnt want him sold though lought ! bench player imo, we need a strong squad if we make the cl.

Last edited by lewspurs on Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out words)
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:29

I was at the game on Wednesday and other than the goal Rose did'nt do an awful lot. But heh, if he had'nt played and not scored that wonder goal it could have been a different result. Unlike a few on here I thought Huddlestone had a poor game and was the least effective of the mid field players. But we keep winning and thats all that matters so "if it ain't broke dont fix it "
    Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:32

Here's another one for you Lew, although not a kid I'm trying to make a point about Spurs youth policy in general. Dawson, big ole Mikey D. If King & Woodgate (30 somethings) had both been fit would Daws have got the games this season & over the last few seasons that are making people suggest he should be off to Sarf Afrika this June ? He has taken his chance's and cemented his place. I feel sorry for Bassong (age 23 bought at age 20) in some ways. As soon as Ledders is able to play he is dropped but the games he does get are invaluable to him in his learning curve and before so long it will be Dawson & Bassong week in, week out. Ok Daws aint a kid but then look at Thudd at age 23 ? Both players have been bought on gradually , not just under 'arry but under the Spurs "buy 'em young and let's see what they can do" policy. Modern football calls for large squads and rotation. It seems that Spurs, more so than a lot of clubs, have used a policy of buying players young (Thudd at 19, Daws at 21 are the 2 examples I have used, I could also quote Lennon at 18). Whatever European trophy we contend next season it will call for players to be rotated for domestic League & cup games and I do wonder if this was part of 'arrys thinking this season with the loan deals he has sorted. To get younger players ready to step up a grade when required ! If 'arry thinks a player is good enough, 'arry will give him his chance whatever his age. As an aside to this it's also nice to see some players coming in on the radar who are coming thro' the Spurs academy and I think the same will be true for them. If they are good enough they will get their chance . . . .. .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:35

totalytot wrote:I was at the game on Wednesday and other than the goal Rose did'nt do an awful lot. But heh, if he had'nt played and not scored that wonder goal it could have been a different result. Unlike a few on here I thought Huddlestone had a poor game and was the least effective of the mid field players. But we keep winning and thats all that matters so "if it ain't broke dont fix it "
    Mikey M

I must admit mike that i am looking on hud the way i did carrick, i just dont know why some get really excited about them.
    Yeah i see a couple of passes, a couple of tackles ?????????????????????????

And then i see what bale does. class ! Why is it so hard for the youngsters ? Icon_cheers

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:48

well i think your wrong about hudd. he broke up play aganst arsenal so well. he worked as hard as anyone that night and hes passing means we have an outless. no more puntin the ball upfeild when hudd can find oour attackin players.
    i also liked aganst chelsea how he got stuck in and had a go at lampard when lampard gave him a kick. hes getting tougher now. hudd is 1 player i have always liked and im happy harry fancys him
    as for jenas i wouldnt mind him being a sqaud player but i think jenas ego will want more. but hes had so many chances and hes so annoyin watchin him run 10yards then pass sidewaysa all the time but he does have a good engine
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:53

im happy harry fancys him

I thought he fancied Sandra.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:56

Ye gods Lought. We finally agree on a player lol. Have a rep point. I thought Thudd had a good game as well. He does so much that goes unnoticed and the last 2 games he's done it without Sgt Wilson ! Moddle has played well in both games but he sure ain't a midfield destroyer so The Thudd has shouldered the responsibility and done his chunky self proud . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:58

VisionarySound wrote:Ye gods Lought. We finally agree on a player lol. Have a rep point. I thought Thudd had a good game as well. He does so much that goes unnoticed and the last 2 games he's done it without Sgt Wilson ! Moddle has played well in both games but he sure ain't a midfield destroyer so The Thudd has shouldered the responsibility and done his chunky self proud . . . . . .

I like a player who looks after himself vis, and that he did against bad loser lampard.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 09:02

gomez hudd bale woodgate king pav modric daws gudjonson are my favorites. i really think gud derserves a start

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 09:03

oh and wp lol

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 09:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:gomez hudd bale woodgate king pav modric daws gudjonson are my favorites. i really think gud derserves a start

My preferred team at the moment lought is as follows.................................................................

gomes........walker........king.....dawson.......ekotto........bale........modric.....palacios.....lennon...pav.....defoe.

warming the old bench.............gud, crouch,hud,corluka,bassong

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 09:12

well its so hard pickin an 11 now.
    gomez
    walker daws king ekotto
    bentley hudd modric bale
    pav defoe
    i would use lennon as impact sub until he gets hes fitness up. also i would def bring on gud at some point. prob for either pav or modric or defoe and bentley for lennon 60ish min
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 19 2010, 23:20

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:gomez hudd bale woodgate king pav modric daws gudjonson are my favorites. i really think gud derserves a start

My preferred team at the moment lought is as follows.................................................................

gomes........walker........king.....dawson.......ekotto........bale........modric.....palacios.....lennon...pav.....defoe.

warming the old bench.............gud, crouch,hud,corluka,bassong

What? Not even room for Kaboul on the bench Lew
    lol?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19 2010, 23:25

how about kaboul on the bench instead of crouch. imagine kaboul up front, hes strong. hes 100 times better at heading the lofty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 05 2024, 09:48