The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
jol lovers EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
jol lovers EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
jol lovers EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
jol lovers EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
jol lovers EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
jol lovers EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
jol lovers EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
jol lovers EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
jol lovers EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

jol lovers Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

jol lovers

jol lovers Empty jol lovers

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 08:20

look what the big man been sayin. hes not bitter is he. . the zokoro and jenas lover
    Ajax boss Martin Jol has revealed that Tottenham Hotspur have made an enquiry for Luis Suarez.
    The striker has scored 33 goals this season for the Dutch giants, but former Spurs boss Jol has claimed that the Uruguayan international wouldn’t move to Tottenham.
    “Tottenham Hotspur president Daniel Levy recently approached me to talk about Luis, but I told him that they can’t afford him. He wasn’t too happy when I said that,” Jol told De Pers.
    “However, I know that Luis wouldn’t leave Ajax for a club like Tottenham anyway. He will only leave us if the opportunity comes up to join one of Europe’s best teams. He has developed into one of the leaders of our team.”
    Pavlar
    Pavlar
    4th Division
    4th Division

jol lovers Empty Re: jol lovers

Post by Pavlar Tue Apr 20 2010, 11:11

jol lovers Icon_madBMJjol lovers Icon_evil lot of hype surrouding him (Suarez) but remember this is the dutch league and ajax cant even win it!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 23:14

my thoughts enteriley. i spose this thread wil go unnoticed
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 20 2010, 23:27

I have noticed it Lought.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Apr 21 2010, 03:06

I THINK BIG MARTS A LITTLE BIT BITTER AT THE FACT HE WAS TREATED SO BADLEY WHEN HE HAD DONE SO WELL FOR US AND HE MUST BE THINKING WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN IF HE WAS STILL IN CHARGE AND YOU CANT BLAME HIM WHEN HE TOOK US TO 2 5TH PLACES WITH OUT BEENING BACKED IN THE TRANSFER MARKET WITH THE MILLIONS THAT RAMOS WAS GIVEN GUTTING FOR THE BIG MAN THEN TO WATCH HIS SPURS GO BACKWARDS UNDER THE SPANISH TURNIP THEN TO WATCH ARRY GETTING BACKED TO THE HILT BY DANNY LEVY WHEN HE WASENT AND SEEING WHAT ARRY IS DOING NO WOUNDER HE'S SOUNDING LIKE HE'S GOT THE HUMP ANYONE WOULD
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 21 2010, 03:10

The Godfather.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 03:22

JOL CLEARS UP SUAREZ COMMENTS

From sportinglife.com

Ajax manager Martin Jol has denied saying Luis Suarez would never join Tottenham, but admits the striker will command a high price.

Jol was quoted as saying that Suarez would only leave the Amsterdam Arena to go to one of the very "top clubs", and that a move to Spurs would not happen for that reason.

However, the former Tottenham boss claims he never aimed a dig at the north Londoners, amid speculation he was trying to undermine the White Hart Lane outfit.

Suarez, 23, has been in electric form for Dutch side Ajax this season and Jol admits there was interest from Spurs earlier in the campaign.

However, he insists the Uruguayan will demand a big transfer fee and he is hoping to keep hold of him for a little longer.

"They (Spurs) took an interest in our winter break and I said then Luis Suarez wanted to stay at Ajax because he promised me that he would stay for at least another year," he told Sky Sports News.

"Nothing to do with Tottenham or another club, he wanted to stay.

"And then it was finished so there was no problem. So this talk about Tottenham being not good enough for him is ridiculous.

"They have Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane, all these players. If they are good enough to be playing for Tottenham, Luis Suarez could be playing for Tottenham because he's a good player.

"They are all good players, Tottenham is a great club, but I never said that.

"The case was that he didn't want to go to another club, he didn't want to go to Tottenham and that was finished, the book was closed.

"You never know what will happen in the future."

Asked if he expects Suarez to stay, Jol added: "To be honest I don't know because he's scored in all competitions, 45 goals, and even in Holland that is a great amount of goals.

"So I don't know what will happen but he's got a high price, that's what I said to (Spurs chairman) Daniel Levy as well.

"I think it's pretty difficult for a club to afford him."
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 21 2010, 04:06

Big Mart has been on SSN today talking about us in glowing terms & still says's "WE" when refurring to Spurs. I think the way this article was written has a little bit of mischief in it by the composer. Trying to make a problem where there isn't any.

I wanted him out thought he'd done all he could,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the Big Man will never loss my respect for what he did for us & i love him for it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 21 2010, 04:14

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 05:30

I think the original statement from Big Mart was slightly tounge-in-cheek as was his way while at Spurs. Ajax are 1 point behind Carrot Tops Twente side with a game to play. Looks like the lad may get Chumps League footie next season without a move. With luck we will see Big Mart back at The Lane, his spiritual home, next season should we face Ajax in competition. From what I have seen of him Suarez is a proven goal scorer with something like 125 goals from 200 odd games. But would he have what it takes to make an impact in the Prem even if We where to make a bid for him ? Maybe a swap deal for Jenas & Crouch then . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Apr 21 2010, 11:52

[quote="VisionarySound"]I think the original statement from Big Mart was slightly tounge-in-cheek as was his way while at Spurs. Ajax are 1 point behind Carrot Tops Twente side with a game to play. Looks like the lad may get Chumps League footie next season without a move. With luck we will see Big Mart back at The Lane, his spiritual home, next season should we face Ajax in competition. From what I have seen of him Suarez is a proven goal scorer with something like 125 goals from 200 odd games. But would he have what it takes to make an impact in the Prem even if We where to make a bid for him ? Maybe a swap deal for Jenas & Crouch then . . . . . . .

Both Van Nistelrooy and Bergkamp came from the Dutch League where they both scored many goals.

Need I mention one of History's greatest strikers Van Basten, the best I've ever seen.
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Ruud Gullit, the list goes on.
    I'd say the Dutch League has the credentials for us to believe that any decent striker from there can do it in our league.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 18:39

[quote="ionman34"]
    VisionarySound wrote:I think the original statement from Big Mart was slightly tounge-in-cheek as was his way while at Spurs. Ajax are 1 point behind Carrot Tops Twente side with a game to play. Looks like the lad may get Chumps League footie next season without a move. With luck we will see Big Mart back at The Lane, his spiritual home, next season should we face Ajax in competition. From what I have seen of him Suarez is a proven goal scorer with something like 125 goals from 200 odd games. But would he have what it takes to make an impact in the Prem even if We where to make a bid for him ? Maybe a swap deal for Jenas & Crouch then . . . . . . .

Both Van Nistelrooy and Bergkamp came from the Dutch League where they both scored many goals.

Need I mention one of History's greatest strikers Van Basten, the best I've ever seen.
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Ruud Gullit, the list goes on.
    I'd say the Dutch League has the credentials for us to believe that any decent striker from there can do it in our league.

And I give you Marco Boogers in reply Ion . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 22:29

johhny metghod lol although he wernt a striker. signed for us from foreast in 88 and was gone 6months later. nobody knows where though

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 22:32

Hope this is enough info for ya Lought . . . . . .

Playing as a defender, Metgod started his professional career in the 1970s playing for HFC Haarlem.
    Metgod later served AZ'67, Real Madrid, Nottingham Forest and Tottenham Hotspur. In the summer of 1988 he moved back to Holland, and played for Feyenoord Rotterdam for six seasons before retirement.
    International career

During his career Metgod obtained 21 caps for the Netherlands national football team, scoring four goals. He was noted for his stunning free-kicks, most notably during his spell at Nottingham Forest.
    Coaching

After retiring Metgod became a coach, working for Excelsior Rotterdam and Feyenoord.
    On 11 November 2008, Metgod was appointed first-team coach by Portsmouth, but left the club on 8 February 2009 when manager Tony Adams was sacked.
    On 21 May 2009, Metgod was appointed as a first-team coach at Derby County.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 02:31