The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
How far have we come ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
How far have we come ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
How far have we come ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
How far have we come ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
How far have we come ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
How far have we come ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
How far have we come ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
How far have we come ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
How far have we come ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

How far have we come ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

How far have we come ?

How far have we come ? Empty How far have we come ?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 02:33

I think the bench mark is the man united game ! get a result there and we can finally say we are a champions league side.

Its a hard place to go and ref decisions dont seem to go our way, but i am sure the lads will do us proud............i reckon a draw at best, but of course i want that win that should finally cement 4th place. How far have we come ? Icon_sunny
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

How far have we come ? Empty Re: How far have we come ?

Post by cynicsid Wed Apr 21 2010, 05:31

Now there's a question,

I think Spurs are as good a squad now as I have ever known, the main point being SQUAD. There may have been better teams although I think our current best 11 will give any 11 we have ever had a good game. But as far as the squad goes, put out our second choice player in each position & I cant see any other team in the premiership better. One of the main reasons for that is the fact that we have so many 1st choice players that can move around the pitch & therefore contribute in more games. Bale anywhere on the left & did you know left side centre back too? Thudd, midfield attack or defence, central defence. Krancha left or right, Lennon left or right and lets face it he would do a good job as a creative central midfielder, same with Bentley if we asked him. Corluka could easily take on the left wing, Modric? anywhere you like in an attack front 5. even the strikers can all go 1 up or work as pairs. And what about Kaboul doing a job like he wouldn't of done last year.

What that does is it takes the pressure off the Dawsons & Kings and Gomes. to allow them to play with the confidence of knowing the players infront of them, out of position or not. And when we do play new kids like Rose we can carry any teething faults they may have and allow them the chance to play without fear.

You ask how far have we come? I say if you compare us to 6 or 7 years ago then we have improved out of sight. if you compare us to 1960 I'd say we are very, very close.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 06:11

We have a very good squad. I have posted elsewhere that I want to see this squad kept together. One or 2 will, of course, leave and one or 2 will come in. I think we need more cover at right-back (Hutton back?) and a 'keeper. Apart from that, as Sid has said, we have strength in depth & players who are capable of covering in a variety of posistions. We've come a helluva long way . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 08:39

i think yids have cmon no end, and like sid has said u have good cover for nearly all positions, but the thing that impressed me more than most last wed was your togetherness as a team, ive never seen hudd tackle so much,bale and ekkottu never stopped both ways, in dawson u have an immense character who never stops yapping and can hit a diagnol ball 100 ft(not always to own player ) add to that the trickery of modric and the goal threat of pav and defoe, not to mention that lunatic goalie whoes a crowd pleaser if nothing else, i would quite definately say yids have moved forward.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Apr 21 2010, 09:37

I think this question will be sest answerd in a couple of years time. I think we have started to to get it together, but can we maintane it that to my mind is the question, can we maintane? if so, over the next couple of deasons then yes we will have come along way.
    If we discount the Ramos era and Jols last season, how was we doing before then? we had Jol as Manager and finished 5th cant remember how we finished up the season before that. But we still have some of the same players, Defoe(+-+Keane(+-+-), Lennon, Ledley, Dawson Hudd, Akkoto.
    If we finish 5th, Q. How far have we come? If we finish 4th, then how far have we come?
    Not trying to put a dampener on the thread, coz we are playing some desent football infact some of the most exciting football in the prem imo.
    I'm just saying lets see how we finish up, and lets see how we do over the longer term.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 10:23

i think maybe harry didnt relise how good bale pav gomez and dawson are. dawson was realy good in the season under jol playing aalong side king
    now with all the players fit he really does have a problem fitting everyone in. surley now bale daws hudd modric pav or all main players
    with alwick crouch gd wp bentley on the bench. wheres jenas keane krankar kaboul corluka woodgate all going to fit in when fit.
    if we win aganst man u then teams really will start to take notice of us. i just hope we go there and play our game and not worry about them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 02:30