The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take Empty MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take

Post by SuneJim Sun Apr 25 2010, 02:01

I really want to give my opinions now but my alcohol intake will cloud my judgement so far so i'll leave it lol.

But i will say taking Defoe off was a mistake & Palacios looked like he was on holiday all ready & took THudd & Bale with him. The way we played we didn't deserve any thing,,,, but i will watch it again & be more objective.

Harry made mistakes but not as many as the playing staff on the pitch. Just one of those days for me.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take Empty Re: MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Apr 25 2010, 09:15

Alcohol or not Jim, spot on mate. Palacios should never have started, it should have been THudd and Modric in the middle with Bale out wide. Bale didnt look comfortable at reverting back to laft back at playing all those games at left wing. As for Bentley my patience has gone!!!!!! he just dont do enough!

MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take Empty Re: MAN U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not quite my take

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 10:12

there keeper hardly had a save to make. im really liken gudjohnson though.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 25 2010, 17:34

I,ll give you mine though. Im really please with Harry this season, but his tinkering cost us big time. Why change a winning side? Nani is no better then Malouda and Kaboul had him in his pocket, instead Harry plays Ekotto at right back and he looked so uncomfortable. As for Palacios, i havent a clue what happened there, but having lost the ball a couple of times in dangerous postitions in the first half, why didnt Harry sub him at half time? Now you know how Fergie wins titles, did it last year with Modric and now amazingly it gets leaked just before the game that Bale is wanted by Manure for 20 mill and guess what, Bale, our best player for weeks has a shocker.We handed Manure the 3 points on a plate as either keeper didnt have any saves to make and we gave them two penalties, maybe one day we will go to Old Trafford not losing the game before we step on the pitch.
    Now the positives, Citeh drew and even if Villa win, we have 12 goals better and are still 4th, Given is a massive loss to Citeh and they play Villa next Saturday while we host Bolton, Liverpool could sneak in, but they have Chelski next week, so it really is in our own hands if we want champs league footie, oh and finally, another trophyless season for the team playing the best footie in the land, hows that prediction going Mark?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 19:51

so what your saying dave is he should never have replaced kaboul and messed up the shape of your team, is there anychance u could share that with lew. lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Apr 25 2010, 23:08

HotspurRoper wrote:Alcohol or not Jim, spot on mate. Palacios should never have started, it should have been THudd and Modric in the middle with Bale out wide. Bale didnt look comfortable at reverting back to laft back at playing all those games at left wing. As for Bentley my patience has gone!!!!!! he just dont do enough!

Ropes , the reasoning for changing the full-backs was stupid and so too was changing the midfield ....Yes , I know we were away in this one but the Hudd and Modders were superb versus Chelsea, so fluid and no change was needed ...We'd got the unexpected six points in our previous two derby games so shouldve set our team out to attack ManUre from the kick-off...

Click on this link and see the kind of midfield threat Harry was willing to give up on for one that was set out yesterday to nulify the opposition....

Dailymotion - Luka Modric vs Chelsea - a Sports & Extreme video

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:54