The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Who,s out ......for you. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Who,s out ......for you. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Who,s out ......for you. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Who,s out ......for you. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Who,s out ......for you.

Who,s out ......for you. Empty Who,s out ......for you.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26 2010, 17:10

As well as harry has done with spurs this season its obvious really by results that we have players that are not up to scratch.

I dont want to make this a controversial thread by making people argue over which players are good ,bad or indifferent so i would ask anyone interested in this post to respect others posters decisions without having a go at them over their choice of player who they dont think really cuts the ice at spurs.

I will go for peter crouch, and with all due respect to the player i do see that he gets through a large amount of work and has a role to play with his height up front and defending set pieces, but the point of a striker is scoring goals, he hasnt done that so i think we could do a lot better than the tall bloke.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Who,s out ......for you. Empty Re: Who,s out ......for you.

Post by ionman34 Mon Apr 26 2010, 17:20

[quote="lewspurs"]As well as harry has done with spurs this season its obvious really by results that we have players that are not up to scratch.

I dont want to make this a controversial thread by making people argue over which players are good ,bad or indifferent so i would ask anyone interested in this post to respect others posters decisions without having a go at them over their choice of player who they dont think really cuts the ice at spurs.

I will go for peter crouch, and with all due respect to the player i do see that he gets through a large amount of work and has a role to play with his height up front and defending set pieces, but the point of a striker is scoring goals, he hasnt done that so i think we could do a lot better than the tall bloke.

LOL Lew.

Oddly enough I agree with you Lew. Pav & Defoe are currently the favoured pairing and rightly so. Gudjohnsen is only a loaner, but one we'd like to keep as he is quality. Keane, I reckon, is gone now so, if we are looking to strengthen the frontline, then Crouch is the weakest link.

If we make the CL then we have the ability to attract better quality (I'd make an audacious bid to unsettle Torres - payback's a bitch fat waiter) and I think Crouch will be the makeweight should that happen. It's true, he doesn't score enough goals and, no matter whether I think he's a better player than given credit for, there are better out there.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Apr 26 2010, 18:13

Would like to think we would attract a better class of player if we made CL football, Crouch!!!!!!! did we play him to his best advantage!!!!!!! is my question, we asked him to come on or if he started to use his height to barge our way to goal!!! trouble was the team we were up against knew that was what we were going to do as well, so posted defenders around him, in games would have like to see him used as an EXTRA attacker, with our normal two up front using Crouch to knock the ball down to his fellow attackers. Just an Idea.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26 2010, 19:38

Thanks ion and tress, i think i should have titled this thread "what do you think our weakest positions are " because i know that some fans get upset by knocking players who they personally rate, i dont think i am saying get rid of crouchy ! i like the bloke and what he offers but harry said he is another option when he first signed him and i think that sums crouchy up, he is a bench player imo, we really need a goal poacher, someone who does the simple taps in,s.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Apr 26 2010, 23:51

I'd agree with you about Crouch but don't know who would replace him. Yeah I'd love to see Torres but rumour has it that he will sign for Man City in the summer in a deal Liverpool can't refuse. Also think Jenas will go.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 02:40

bye bye beanpole lol. if man c get torres then maybe we could get teverz. its clear him and bealmy dont get on with manchini. teverz would give us work rate and passion and he scores. and hes a great pen taker
    i think if we get a good bid for bentley then he should go along with alwick
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Apr 27 2010, 04:58

Jenas Out Keane Out Alwick Out Hutton Out Who,s out ......for you. Lol
    Pavlar
    Pavlar
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by Pavlar Tue Apr 27 2010, 05:32

Torres wont be going to city he says the prem is a risk to his health.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 06:48

I wouldn't change this squad at all. I'd look for a few additions but the only players I would get rid of are those who are looking for a move. Crouch has his place in the squad. For me he epitomises the meaning of a squad player. Never bitches when he is on the bench and, whatever his shortcomings as a player, he gives his all when on the pitch. Players who I think may leave include Jenas (not enough 1st team action and 'arry don't seem to rate) & Corluka (just got a feeling he's on his way abroad). We also have to live the fact that some of our squad are going to headhunted by clubs with more debt than us but also the fabled "pulling power", and these just won't be English clubs but teams from across Europe. We have a good squad and some fine individual players and other teams will want them and that is another reason why I would try to keep this squad intact. We have some real quality .. . . . .
    Pavlar
    Pavlar
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by Pavlar Tue Apr 27 2010, 07:00

Is Mourinho still intrested in Jenas? Swap deal for Balotelli

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 07:22

Swap for Wesley Sneijder for me Pav . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 15:00