The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
city could be caught short EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
city could be caught short EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
city could be caught short EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
city could be caught short EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
city could be caught short EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
city could be caught short EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
city could be caught short EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
city could be caught short EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
city could be caught short EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

city could be caught short Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

city could be caught short

city could be caught short Empty city could be caught short

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 06:12

City could be caught short.

Manchester City are to ask the Premier league for a special dispensation to bring in another goalkeeper for the final three games of the season following Shay Given`s injury at the weekend.

It seems that City may have to rely on Faroe Islands international Gunnar Nielsen for the rest of the season, with 16 year old German keeper loris karius as back up, should their appeal fall on deaf ears. With Joe Hart looking unlikely to be recalled from Birmingham and Stuart Taylor still injured, City have real fears of being short of a quality keeper at such a vital time in their season.

If City get lucky and are allowed to bring in emergency cover, I imagine there will be a fairly long line of willing players and clubs, with Marton Fulop at Sunderland and even David James quoted as possible options.

Perhaps a case of "if you scratch my back" could be on the cards, with City offering all kinds on inducements to bring in quality. Money or promises of future loans etc are hardly the priority to City but a place in the Champions league is, so the idea of failing because of a lack of goalkeeping back is simply not an option.

The fact that City have lost a keeper and his back up through injury, makes their claim have some merit. I guess if Shay was sent off for knocking out Arsene Wenger at the weekend, the chances would be nil, although I`m sure as Spurs fans we would feel more charitable...

I have to say I have little sympathy for City, partly because they seem to have ignored the possibility that Given would get injured or suspended, so am I being uncharitable in thinking that if the backups aren`t good enough for the final three games, then perhaps they should have prepared better earlier in the season

city could be caught short Empty Re: city could be caught short

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 06:14

when we had gomez and cudichini injurid we had to play ben alwick. whats the point in havin reserve keepers if your not willing to play them. money talks though so im sure the will be allowed to bring in somone,
    the f a will probabley make our players to go up to manchester by bike lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 06:36

No Lought don't be silly. Of course the FA won't ask them to up by bike ffs ! Canoes, mate, canoes. Bit of the Thames, then up the Grand Union onto the Trent & Mersey and finally the Manchester Ship canel. 4 or 5 days ? No probs lol . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 27 2010, 08:50

city could be caught short Lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 23:23

and now man c have approaced fulup. imagine if he plays aganst us and has a blinder

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:35