The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
How refreshing. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
How refreshing. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
How refreshing. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
How refreshing. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
How refreshing. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
How refreshing. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
How refreshing. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
How refreshing. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
How refreshing. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

How refreshing. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

How refreshing.

How refreshing. Empty How refreshing.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 20:41

I dont personally have anything against liverpool but its refreshing to see that a new side will have a go in the cl next term whether it be us or man city, also it makes a change to see someone else getting the underachievement tag that we have worn since the premiership began.

For too long now its be an exclusive 4 team club, those teams attracting the best players season in season out,winning most things that are on offer.

I have spoken about the old english first division before and how competitive that was, and how ruined the game of modern football is by money because only a few can afford certain players that become available, and the smaller clubs that were able to keep their stars years ago are now unable to do this any more and just rely on survival with virtually no other ambition.

I know we will never return to those pre premiership years and the working mans game is now the rich mans plaything but theres nothing wrong in dreaming........is there ? because i was thinking wouldnt it be good if another regular top 4 team slipped out from the reckoning next term, and we now had 2 different sides in the cl, that to me is a healthy and happy premiership, where no one team rules it over all others through money.

How refreshing. Empty Re: How refreshing.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 20:51

im over the moon liverpool have not made the top 4. ive made a packet on that. but the prem league is healthy aint it lew, villa,man city and yous have crushed liverpool for 4th spot so its not just 1 team its 3 teams that are pushing the top 4, i also think everton dserve a shout as well, i think they are the best side outside of the the top 4 by far, all teams had injuries but they had half there team missing till xmas, if they stay lucky they will be pushing top 4 next year.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 20:59

Have to agree burg its good to see liverpool gone from the perennials in the cl, wonder how they will cope without that revenue coming in.?

It has been a better year for other clubs burg, it shows that some are making progress on the top 4 places, its still hard though, and yeah everton have done well after a terrible start, moyes is a funny manager though, his teams tend to blow hot and cold.

I just hope this isnt a one off season and that other clubs can get up there with the chelseas and man utds.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 21:03

im not too sure the next tier will get there too soon, your are looking at your brums and fulhams then, but at the start of next season i think 8 teams will be competing for top 4, this is good for the prem league and can only make the gap smaller on the top 2.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 21:08

Funny you should mention brum and fulham, i can only think the managers have made the difference there, hodgson has been superb for fulham and mcleish has turned brum into more than just prem survivors.

I just wonder how long they can hang onto their respective managers ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 02 2010, 21:43

The great thing about clubs like Fulham, Brum, Spurs and Everton is they all have British managers.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 22:40

This has been the best season in the top flight of English football for many a year. Even if we pip Citeh they will be real challengers next term. Everton look good, Villa will be thereabouts and as long as 'arry keeps this squad together we will be knocking on the door. Liverpool will be in the mix as well. Possibly Fulham & Brum, maybe Newcastle and another "mid-table" team could all be vying for the top four next season. Maybe as many as 10 teams would be good & beneficial for the game in general . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 23:32

dont brum have 50points. like burg said everton was 4th from bottom at xmas and looks like ending up being behind liverpool by 3points. i would of wanted man c above liverpool at the start but being as we been 4th most of the season ill be heartbroken if we muck it up. listning to talksport after the cup game they had noel from oasis on there and he sayin spurs aint a worry as they always bottle it. id lover to prove him wrong
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 02 2010, 23:39

Can't see Newcastle knocking on the door Vis. They have only been allocated 5 mill for new players and Ashley is making it clear he can demand the 111 mill that Newcastle owes him back whenever he wants. They may be Champions but they have big money problems and we all know without at least 20-30 mill to spend on new player they will have problems staying in the Prem let alone challenging top 4.

Post by Guest Mon May 03 2010, 01:28

BazSpur wrote:Can't see Newcastle knocking on the door Vis. They have only been allocated 5 mill for new players and Ashley is making it clear he can demand the 111 mill that Newcastle owes him back whenever he wants. They may be Champions but they have big money problems and we all know without at least 20-30 mill to spend on new player they will have problems staying in the Prem let alone challenging top 4.

I think hughton will consolidate their premiership position baz ! maybe half way up, he has to get some early points on the board though because i reckon it will be a hard lesson for him in the premiership, the money thing might mean continuity in his team, and that could help?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 03 2010, 02:00

It will also depend whether any of their players will have their heads turned by better clubs. Personally I think it will be a long Season for them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content