The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
P*ss takers ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
P*ss takers ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
P*ss takers ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
P*ss takers ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
P*ss takers ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
P*ss takers ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
P*ss takers ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
P*ss takers ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
P*ss takers ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

P*ss takers ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

P*ss takers !

P*ss takers ! Empty P*ss takers !

Post by Guest Mon May 10 2010, 16:22

Ok you lot who posted "get em out " sell em " as joke responses to my thhhattttts spurs post, the point i was making is that surely finishing the season on a high would be good for the players as well as the fans, for a fcking change.

Yeah wednesday night was one of the best results for us ever but that burnley crap..............what a fcking downer?

Have a look at your predictions some of you before you start P*ss taking ? P*ss takers ! Lol because most of you lot expected a great result to finish on. P*ss takers ! Lol but funny how i am the only one to express disappointment in the result.

Sell the lot of them P*ss takers ! Lol sack harry P*ss takers ! Lol you never know what truth might lurk in them words lads P*ss takers ! Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

P*ss takers ! Empty Re: P*ss takers !

Post by BazSpur Mon May 10 2010, 17:51

Totally agree with you Lew. Have a rep point mate.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 10 2010, 19:42

Lets not get carried away Lew, main culprit was Benny, strolling around like he owned the place, most of the damage came from that side. My guess is that most players new that with the team Fulham put out, we was never gonna get 3rd and after Burley got one back, became very uprofessional. Harrys determination to get King into the world cup squad by playing him and trying to prove to Capello that he can play enough games backfired badly as when you see 3 out of the 4 goals, Ledders was nowhere. Having said that, after the effort the players put in on Weds, they did look knackered in the second half and lets talk about the 37 games that got us a sniff at Champs League footie, come the begining of next season, you wont see a performance like that again.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 10 2010, 23:26

It was a dissapointing end to a great season, I agree. But we still finished 4TH and hopefully wont play like that 2nd half again next season. The 2 fullbacks were out of position every time Burnley attacked and I do think that is our weak area and hope Harry brings in some class and experience in that department before the start of the season.
    Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 10 2010, 23:39

totalytot wrote:It was a dissapointing end to a great season, I agree. But we still finished 4TH and hopefully wont play like that 2nd half again next season. The 2 fullbacks were out of position every time Burnley attacked and I do think that is our weak area and hope Harry brings in some class and experience in that department before the start of the season.
    Mikey M

Maybe a quicker right back Mikey, but Benny has shown that he can be a very good left back and works well with Bale, but does suffer from arrogance. Kaboul has been outstanding at right back lately and had Bellamy in his pocket and not many right backs have done that this season.

Im positive Harry will make sure we dont get another performance like that again next season.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 11 2010, 00:50

Okies , Lew I hold my hands up and apologise for my part lol

For me the writing was on the wall for an upset at Burnley but not when they pulled a goal back just before half time , but when I woke up on Friday morning to read that our players and our manager too, had been out Thursday night to celebrate their 4th place...Foot firmly off the pedal and sod that winning mentality we so crave ...

Top 4 final day .........Chavs 8-0 ,, Mancs 4-0 ,,, Goons 4-0 , good old Spurs 2-0 up, lose 4-2 to the mighty Burnley ...Same old , same old ..
    Winning mentality and all that ....surely if we had it , the celebrations could've been put on hold till Sunday night or tonight or is was that just to much to ask ? Yes seems so... Harry and the Ice Bucket Dunkers have to have their night out on Thursday and couldnt wait ...

The decision to pick the same starting eleven bar Gomes was a strange one and it had me thinking that Harry had put country before club with his picks.. Dawson , Ledders, Crouch and Defoe, why not rest them , we have a squad? Anyway it backfired and the England lad's chances of being selected cant have been helped with that one ..

I suppose Harry will now say to Danny ....We're shite even Burnley beat us 4-2 .... loosen the purse strings please .....
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue May 11 2010, 08:40

djfitzo wrote: Harrys determination to get King into the world cup squad by playing him and trying to prove to Capello that he can play enough games backfired badly as when you see 3 out of the 4 goals, Ledders was nowhere. Having said that, after the effort the players put in on Weds, they did look knackered in the second half .
    I was going to say the same thing, further more I would add that the selection was influenced by Harry effort to impress Capello of the Spurs contingency namely Defoe, Huddlestone, Crouch and King when he could have replaced them with the likes of Pav,Palcios,Bessong etc

Post by Guest Tue May 11 2010, 11:32

well man u was 2 0 and saw chelsea was 2 0 and there team didnt give up. fergie wouldnt let them. chelsea new they won the league at 3 0 but wanted more goals. our strikers are 2 greedy they want the glory. we could of had more goals aganst chelsea arsenal and so on but mucked up.
    and as for burnley i should of seen that comming. but i said 10 spurs lol. lennon since hes been back hasnt been trying and dont wana risk injury.
    harry hasnt won a game on last season since 2003. this one harys fault. bassong should of played

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 03 2024, 21:55