The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
what was EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
what was EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
what was EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
what was EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
what was EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
what was EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
what was EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
what was EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
what was EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

what was Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
DJSR
BazSpur
shearspur
HotspurRoper
spurslegend
9 posters

what was

what was Empty what was

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 23:22

the best moment and experience u had at a football game, or watching it on tv, or even down the local park, the moment your hairs stood up on your arms, the moment you felt really proud, the moment thats sticks out more than any other moment. mine aint arsenal you will be surprised to hear, i have never felt more excited,ectastic and ran around like a right loon more than when beckham scored for england against greece that night, dont really know why as i have had much better times at football than that but for some reason that 1 got me excited.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

what was Empty Re: what was

Post by spurslegend Fri May 28 2010, 23:37

ENGLAND ENGLAND LOL LOL YOUR A GOONER MATE I THINK YOU HAVE SPENT TO MUCH TIME ON HERE YOUR GOONER PALS WILL BE GUTTED GOONERS AND ENGLISH DOESNT GO LOL
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat May 29 2010, 00:02

I remember that day really well Burgs, i was in the pub about 15 of us and when the goal went in the 3 tables full of drink went all over
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat May 29 2010, 00:19

ricky villas 2nd and winning goal v man city in cup final replay 1981. i was at wembley that night with 4 mates and we just wanted him to shoot but he just kept going and going. well when it was finally buried that was it, we went beserk shirt off on me mates shoulders. fantastic night.proud as punch.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 00:26

These two moments from this match. The penalty save and the Gazza goal. When Gazza scores I was at a party and there were some Scots there. The place erupted when Gazza scored. I went running round the garden like a nutter with a pint in my hand. Oh the deep joy of seeing the Jocks with their heads in their hands lol. I loved it.

Post by Guest Sat May 29 2010, 02:16

yeah that was a good moment baz. gazza doing the dentist chair pmsl.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat May 29 2010, 02:19

2 occasions stand out for me which i will mention.

First is when i was at Wembley, and Gazza scored that free kick against the Goons in the Semi-Final.

and the second is a recent one, when Lennon scored against the Goons at the Shamirates to make it 4-4.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 02:41

Blinding moments DJ.

Post by Guest Sat May 29 2010, 03:29

gazza destroyed arsenal that day dj.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 29 2010, 04:58

Watching us on the tv beat Leicester in the FA Cup final to achieve the double in 1961. I could not get a ticket for the game so watched it on our old 12 inch Bush TV with my Father and Sister and after we won my Sister and me were hugging each other dancing around the living room. Also following the bus along Tottenham High Rd with Dannny and the team holding the trophies aloft, brilliant. Then being the first British team to win a European trophy. To many to mention.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sat May 29 2010, 06:10

burger777 wrote:the best moment and experience u had at a football game, or watching it on tv, or even down the local park, the moment your hairs stood up on your arms, the moment you felt really proud, the moment thats sticks out more than any other moment. mine aint arsenal you will be surprised to hear, i have never felt more excited,ectastic and ran around like a right loon more than when beckham scored for england against greece that night, dont really know why as i have had much better times at football than that but for some reason that 1 got me excited.

I remember that goal well, i also was in the pub and i remember that i had put a bet on the game that Beckham would score from a free kick....so i was going nuts in the pub and i think a few beers were spilled....lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 06:35

what was Lol
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat May 29 2010, 07:15

Mine has to do with playing football,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I played for my local team Leavesden Green & loved the experience of not just the football, but the whole social aspect. The whole family got involved. But late on in my Sunday League "Career lol" i got an injury & missed a whole season & more. But after that i always signed on if i was needed but as i was 40-ish lol i never got much game play.

Then my Son Rikki the season before he enlisted in the Army joined the club & i watched him play as i did when he was a youngster so many times & all he did i cheered & every goal i saw him score meant more to me than any i'd scored. I enjoyed every minute of supporting my Sunday League Team from the side lines & watching my Son play to boot.

But the best day i could possibly imagine in football happened later that season,,,,,,,,,,, for reasons i can't remember we were short of players & at 40 odd i was given a place on the bench & was told not to worry i wouldn't have to play. But after a couple injuries & a last 10 or so minutes still to play i was called on the pitch & the significance of this had passed me by,,,,,,,,,,,,,, until i collected the ball on the left & played the ball inside & after a one/two i was in possession of the ball & all i heard was "through the middle Dad" & i played the ball. The move eventually came to nothing. But i then suddenly realised it was Father & Son on the same pitch playing for the same team. For a Father it doesn't get any better. That's when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up & i welled up & it was all i could do not to let the tears of sheer joy roll down my face.

My best day involving football bar none & it will never be bettered. But i do celebrate any Spurs & England Triumph like that moment & will always continue to do so. But it does stand out there.

Post by Guest Sat May 29 2010, 07:31

1st moment Spurs. Last time I went to Wembley. Gazza's freekick '91 semi . Failing that Tony Parks save against Anderlecht. . . . . . .

2nd moment not Spurs. Stood on the Rainham End , Gillingham losing 3-0 to Brentford FA Cup 2nd round 15 minutes to go. My mate Ox said lets go find a pub or a train home, I said No lets wait. 15 minutes later Gillingham won 5-3. Unbelievable.

Playing moment not Spurs. Scoring the winning penelty kick in an inter-firms tournament and getting loads of kudos & beer lol . . . . ..
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 29 2010, 07:49

What a great post Jim, a proud moment for you, and your son has done you proud mate, I am so pleased he returned home safely to you and your Wife.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat May 29 2010, 09:46

Boltjean wrote:What a great post Jim, a proud moment for you, and your son has done you proud mate, I am so pleased he returned home safely to you and your Wife.

Thank you Len.......... it was such a poignant moment in my life but i'm sure it passed the boy by lol. But he'll be off again soon into more volatile circumstances so it's brings times like that more to mind.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat May 29 2010, 17:31

Coming home on the train after the semi against Arsenal, just watched one the greatest ever fa cup goals by Gazza and sitting amongst all those glum Gooners, big apologies to my wife, but possibly the best day of my life.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun May 30 2010, 04:56

29TH APRIL 1978
    WE WERE AWAY
    WE DREW 0-0
    I CRY TEARS OF JOY
    pi**ed FOR DAYS
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun May 30 2010, 04:58

SuneJim wrote:
    Boltjean wrote:What a great post Jim, a proud moment for you, and your son has done you proud mate, I am so pleased he returned home safely to you and your Wife.

Thank you Len.......... it was such a poignant moment in my life but i'm sure it passed the boy by lol. But he'll be off again soon into more volatile circumstances so it's brings times like that more to mind.

HE WAS A TOP BOY

NOW HE'S A TOP MAN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 19:16