The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is this important ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is this important ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is this important ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is this important ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is this important ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is this important ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is this important ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is this important ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is this important ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is this important ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Is this important ?

Is this important ? Empty Is this important ?

Post by Guest Mon May 31 2010, 03:57

It was fantastic news to hear that luka has signed a long term deal with spurs ! it was just something that went through my mind is the importance of players mixing in well and genuinely liking one another, i think that a lot of people overlook this fact that its important that you get on well with your team mates.

I remember my brother leaving a job because he just didnt get on with certain personalities, i have also worked with people i didnt particularly like and wondered what i was doing working with them ?

The point is footballers are the same as all of us, personalities and big egos clash ! but some egos are bigger than others ! i would imagine its a fine line in football, ?

Its a just a little point to raise that i think its important that all the players at a club gel personality wise and we at spurs seem to have got that little factor right.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Is this important ? Empty Re: Is this important ?

Post by Boycey Mon May 31 2010, 04:54

lewspurs wrote:It was fantastic news to hear that luka has signed a long term deal with spurs ! it was just something that went through my mind is the importance of players mixing in well and genuinely liking one another, i think that a lot of people overlook this fact that its important that you get on well with your team mates.

I remember my brother leaving a job because he just didnt get on with certain personalities, i have also worked with people i didnt particularly like and wondered what i was doing working with them ?

The point is footballers are the same as all of us, personalities and big egos clash ! but some egos are bigger than others ! i would imagine its a fine line in football, ?

Its a just a little point to raise that i think its important that all the players at a club gel personality wise and we at spurs seem to have got that little factor right.

I think a good team spirit is an essential part of a winning team, I mean look at the Real Madrid Galaticos...Beckham,Figo,Zidane,Ronaldo etc.....they just didnt seem to gel,i think that too many egos can spoil a team,if u have too many big players they all want to be the "STAR" of the team and it can cause problems....
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 31 2010, 06:38

I agree Lew. When you get players signing new contracts it shows how content and happy they are at the club. But it is a big pluss for Spurs when a player who might have signed for United pledges his allegiance to the club, especially a player who is a quality player as in the case of Luka. Add this to a top four finish and perhaps this will encourage other players who dream of playing for United or Chelsea to think twice, that there is a club that has the same ambitions as these two and it is Spurs, so why not join them, and they have a top class manager in Harry. But there is one big thing with Luka signing a new contract and that is we have a player here who is not just thinking about the money because no doubt he would have got a better deal than we can offer had he gone to United and I find this refreshing.
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Tue Jun 01 2010, 09:33

i agree lew, i looked at the smiles on the players faces the last couple of games, and they reminded me of watching the my son and his young mates just enjoying there first goal and win

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 17:54