The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Why "arry " wont ever be england manager.

Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. Empty Why "arry " wont ever be england manager.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14 2010, 17:04

Virtually the same reason why brian clough never got the job, too controversial, and too outspoken in cloughs case.

Harry has his tax problems and alledgedly a few dodgy dealings and clough wouldnt have put up with any crap from the bigwigs that run england.

But if many of you think that capello will go and harry might take over then good on you , but it wont happen ! if it does i will donate £100 to any charity designated by baz on here if it does.

Last edited by lewspurs on Mon Jun 14 2010, 19:13; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. Empty Re: Why "arry " wont ever be england manager.

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 14 2010, 18:00

I often wonder what England would have been like under Ole Big Ead and whether Peter Taylor would have been his No 2. Maybe we could speculate on that on another thread if anyone is interested.

Why "arry "  wont ever be england manager. Empty Re: Why "arry " wont ever be england manager.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14 2010, 19:10

BazSpur wrote:I often wonder what England would have been like under Ole Big Ead and whether Peter Taylor would have been his No 2. Maybe we could speculate on that on another thread if anyone is interested.

The thing about clough is he was a disiplinarian, he was the boss and the players knew it, cross him and you were out, i personally didnt like the bloke because he was so up his own a*se, but when he was a tv pundit he made me laugh with his comments..............like him or dislike him he was a winner, and in my opinion is the best manager england never got because he was too outspoken............and thats no reason to block the england job off from a man of his obvious talents.

When you think maclaren got the job in modern times (what did he ever do to get the job) ? and clough was overlooked all those years ago.(with a brilliant club record ).its a disgrace, and yes baz, peter taylor was a horrible piece of work but they were a winning combination, ruled a football club in army style but it worked..ask notts forest and derby county.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 14 2010, 19:33

The first thing Cloughie did on his interview for the job was criticize the decor. That didn't go down well apparently. I don't think Arry would be as outspoken as that but I am sure Arry would not be a favourite for the job with his dodgy dealings in the past.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14 2010, 19:43

BazSpur wrote:I often wonder what England would have been like under Ole Big Ead and whether Peter Taylor would have been his No 2. Maybe we could speculate on that on another thread if anyone is interested.

Oh by the way baz have a rep point for encouraging a thread on clough and taylor because they were an interesting pair of characters, non spurs i know but the connection between harry and clough is similar i think regarding the england job...........?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 03:09

not sure about this one lads, harry an the england job, harry and brian clough, massive statements them. cloughie won the eurpean cup twice with little ole notts forest, finsishing 4th place aint on this scale.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 05:24

I don't think people are comparing 'arry to Cloughie Burgs, they are comparing the, perhaps, percieved view that the FA may take about them. Now my take is that regardless of 'arrys alleged previous, at present he is the most sucsessfull English manager. If Cappello fails miserabley or succeeds beyond wildest expections the FA will get shot of him or he will walk with pride intact. The meeja and public will scream for an English manager and what other candidates are there ? Baz get that Cloughie thread started . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 05:31

Its on post about your team Vis. Lets have plenty of views and some vids of the great man giving it large lol. I'll find the vids.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 08:05

burger777 wrote:not sure about this one lads, harry an the england job, harry and brian clough, massive statements them. cloughie won the eurpean cup twice with little ole notts forest, finsishing 4th place aint on this scale.

Brain box in gear burg ? we are not comparing harry,s football record against that of cloughs, its the controversy that both respective managers have that is comparable, clough with his outspokeness and harry with ! "well " his not so squeaky clean image.

But for your information finishing 4th in the prem is a great achievement, it wasnt so long ago that wenger did that little thing for you lot..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:37