The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gazza Car Crash. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gazza Car Crash. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gazza Car Crash. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gazza Car Crash. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Gazza Car Crash.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Gazza Car Crash. Empty Gazza Car Crash.

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 07:20

Tottenham Hotspur News - Gazza in hospital after car crash

News | admin
    | June 14, 2010 at 11:57 am
    Gazza Car Crash. Paul-gascoigne001
    Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Paul Gascoigne is in comfortable
    condition in hospital following a car crash.
    Gazza has been admitted to Newcastle General Hospital and according
    to reports, a 36-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of drink
    driving in relation to the incident.
    A spokeswoman for Newcastle General Hospital told The Chronicle:
    “He’s in hospital and he was brought in following a car accident.
    “We are not commenting further but he is in a comfortable condition.”

Gazza Car Crash. Empty Re: Gazza Car Crash.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 08:06

Poor old gazza goes from one crisis to another.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 08:10

Arguably the greatest English footballer ever produced.
    Such a shame.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 09:10

Silly boy. Sorry guys but Gazza has had so many chances that his escapades & scrapes are getting just slightly dull & tiresome now. This is a guy who is obviously, not happy maybe, but at least living his life style choice. Every so often a story creeps out that Gazza has been on the lash. No different to many other non-famous lads up & down the country. If it was Joe Public we would say "serves him right for being pi**ed in a car with a drunk driver". I say let the guy do what he wants with his life but just because he's Gazza dosen't excuse him from stupid behaviour that the rest of us would be, rightly, castigated for. A true Spurs legend but as Sir Bobby Robson said - "daft as a brush" . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 09:14

i gave up on him a while ago. read hes book in 2005 and he says in it hes stoped drinking and guna try and win hes ex wive back. why cant he see that drinkin has ruined hes life

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 09:22

I would imagine the guy's an alcoholic and therefore can't deal with a drink the same as most people. Yup I enjoy a few bevvies at the best of times but even at my worst I don't think I would make some of the reckless decissions Gazza has made thro' his life (although I have called a few wrong 'un's !). If he is alcohol dependent than he has my sympathy and best wishes to overcome any problem but that's down to him and him alone & if he continues to make unwise choices , well thats up to him as well but that's the same as with anyone else with a dependency problem, & I'm afraid just because it's Gazza it dosen't make it any different if he cocks up . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 10:16

Well, I take a somewhat different view. Gazza can't help what he is. Alcoholism is an illness and he really can't help it. It wasn't so long ago that the medical profession were saying depressives were attention seekers and there was really nothing wrong with them. That view has now changed. Having had depression myself in the past after the death of my dear old mum I know how devastating it can be and there really is nothing you can do. I dare say Gazza would love to change. I dare say he would love to be normal but the problem is he can't because he is ill. Having said all that, he has to want to change his life but that is easier said than done. Alcoholics are the last people to admit they are alcoholics. One of two things will happen. Either like Greavsie he will admit he is alcoholic and turn his life around and I don't just mean paying lip service to it and get better or it will kill him. Either way he will be rid of it. That is the stark truth. I hope he will admit he is an alcoholic and find the road to recovery. If not I fear he will drink himself into oblivion. I wish him the very best of luck.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 08:09

drinking alcohol maybe bought on from an illness, but getting in a car with a drunk person aint, i hope the guy sorts hmiself out but dont think he will.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 09:12

To tell the Truth Burger he probably didn't even give it a second thought.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jun 17 2010, 08:08

saw this thread yesterday and promised myself i wont read through the posts but couldnt help mysel, as, as a kid i grew up absolutely worshipping GAZZA! and carnt to see him being bad mouthed by folk, even today i make excuses for him as i still try and remember the GAZZA of 20 years ago

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17 2010, 08:57

Lee my friend, Sky News have footage of the incident so I imagine it will be on sites such as youtube soon. It ain't a preety sight mate. My feeling is, that although Gazza is one of our's he HAS TO SORT HIMSELF OUT. Otherwise no amount of platitudes, best intentions and best wishes will ever help him. Shame, and as I said he has he my full support for a recoverey, but he has to take the first steps on the road to recoverey himself . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 17 2010, 10:31

Wise words Vis. Only he can help himself. The first thing he has to do is ditch all the hangers on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content