The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
MUST KEEP EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
MUST KEEP EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
MUST KEEP EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
MUST KEEP EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
MUST KEEP EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
MUST KEEP EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
MUST KEEP EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
MUST KEEP EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
MUST KEEP EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

MUST KEEP Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

MUST KEEP

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

MUST KEEP Empty MUST KEEP

Post by SuneJim Thu Jul 01 2010, 21:58

With the coming season being our most important in recent history for the long term growth of our club we have to make sure we keep our best players for the sake of continuity. So forget possible reinforcement of our playing ranks & concentrate on players we have to keep.

Firstly Gomes,,,,,,,,,,, gone from being a laughing stock & a calamity Keeper to one of the best in the Premiership just like i always thought he would. He's one of the best shot stoppers i've ever seen at WHL. He also has a big enough presence to command his penalty area which previous keepers haven't for us. His handling of the crossed ball or corner has improved beyond belief making him my first MUST KEEP!

Secondly Dawson,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now this is a player i love but i never thought i'd hold him in such high esteem when it comes to our back line, but last season he was nearly super human holding our defence together. Having his partner chopped & changed every week. But he's a real rock to build our defence on. His heading has improved 100% & he goes in with every thing he has & a smile on his face. Ok he's not blessed with blistering pace but his reading of the game & positional sence which has matured with experience more than make up for that.

Third Modric,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, very unlikely he'll be going any where after his new deal. Which i have to say i'm delighted with. OK i'd like to see more goals coming from him. But his ball skills & passing ability are second to none. How he can receive the ball being closed down on more than one front normally & then with one sublime touch & a sharp turn he's left the would be markers for dead & has found himself in acre's of space. Then he makes the most of the space he has with a defence splitting pass or a shot at goal. We missed the maestro when he was out injured & we look a more potent outfit with him in the team.

Finally Bale,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, got in the side more by luck than judgement from Harry with the BAE injury & then with the weight off his shoulders of not being in a winning side evaporating with playing the whole 90 minutes in the win against Fulham we saw the metamorphosis of a Player from a no confidence shadow of himself to a player that's perpetual motion with a cultured left foot & has started to show all the potential we all knew he had but had almost forgotten about because of his dire run of injuries & form. It was his form & pace down the left that helped us still attack with pace & lesson the impact of Lennon's injury & enable us to push forward & be successful in our pursuit of a Champions League place.

So while we have many players that i want to keep & we will who would want to leave us this season. But the four players i've mentions are indispensable in my eyes.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

MUST KEEP Empty Re: MUST KEEP

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 01 2010, 22:51

I agree with all that Jim. I would also add The Hudd. Although not in the class as the four you mentioned I do think he has so much more in his locker if Harry can find the key. He is a sublime passer of the ball and looked to have toughened up a bit last season. We know he has a thunder bolt of a shot and if on target it frightens the life out of Keepers and defences. He has awareness and good vision. He does tend to drift in and out of games at times but as I say If Harry can find that key we would have a blinding player.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jul 01 2010, 22:54

We must keep Redknapp wanted Capello gone but now Spurs come first
    Lennon must keep forget the world cup i have already Lennon plays with more freedom with Spurs and he will be back to his best this season

Pavluchenko i just cant stop singing the super pav chant its addictive even the aussies have nicked it they where chanting it at wimby for Hewitt. But seriously think he will be a top player for us next season

Jim said the rest agree totally

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02 2010, 02:30

i would add hudd to that list aswell. i would love to see pav stay. but as for the rest they all have a price lol

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02 2010, 07:26

Good call on all the above but I would also add Bassong to make a solid partnership with Daws, & Lennon to keep balance out wide. . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02 2010, 08:12

crouch can go unless we use him as a sub lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jul 02 2010, 20:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:crouch can go unless we use him as a sub lol

Didnt he get us into the Champs League place Lought?

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Jul 02 2010, 21:41

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:crouch can go unless we use him as a sub lol

Didnt he get us into the Champs League place Lought?

Now i'm not Crouch(ing) Tiger's Hidden Talent biggest fan, but he is a hero of mine now for that goal. So i say keep him that's for sure. But as Lought says it has to be from the bench as a different approach not a starting tactic.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Jul 03 2010, 03:25

DEFOE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 03 2024, 23:49