The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
GIO OR JOE ??? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

GIO OR JOE ??? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

GIO OR JOE ???

Poll

GIO OR JOE

[ 3 ]
    GIO OR JOE ??? Bar_left43%GIO OR JOE ??? Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 4 ]
    GIO OR JOE ??? Bar_left57%GIO OR JOE ??? Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 7

GIO OR JOE ??? Empty GIO OR JOE ???

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05 2010, 00:26

Gio or Joe?

Article by Alan the librarian Pushand run.com

OK, so according to Harry, Joe Cole has gone from having 'agreed a deal with someone else' to have 'as good a chance as any' of signing for us, all in the space of a fortnight. You got to admire the way Harry uses the media like his very own Twitter account. He serves the bullshit and they eat it up like blue-a*se flies.

If this was purely a football decision, Joe should pick us over Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, I believe Arsenal have just as much, if it not more, potential to win things than we do but his former employers won the league last year. Silverware, I suspect, is not upper-most in his thinking. He says he wants to be loved, he wants to play regularly. He'll get that with Harry and spurs. Arsene and Arsenal probably like the idea they can get something for nothing, as cover for another injury-prone player like Rosicky or Nasri. Perhaps even to fill the homegrown qouta. I don't know. Time will tell, and although the media have hyped this transfer as a 'battle' between the two north london clubs, when thinking objectively, the loser will probably not lose too much sleep.

As I said, spurs would get more from signing him but we are not without our own alternatives either. We have the two Croats in Luka and Niko and the World Cup has also put Mexican back on the menu.

Giovanni Dos Santos looks a top player. Great passing ability, lovely movement and bursting with energy. As usual he's also coming out with the right things, claiming he wants to go back to spurs and fight for his place. Last season, he even had his parents apologise on his behalf for his lack of effort. Bless him.

I am not convinced. He's always played well for Mexico and he always says the right things. What happens behind the scenes at club level appears a different story. Often getting into training late or not appearing at all. Dashing back to Barcelona at any given opportunity. Many say he just needs a chance but I feel, like with Pav, you have to earn it in training first.

I am sure Gio, in sporadic burst, would be great in a successful, free flowing side and most of last season we were exactly that. However, when we experience dip in form or the weather gets cold and we are playing Newcastle or Blackburn away, would I want Gio in the side? I have to say no. Would I want him in the dressing room? Not really. Joe Cole can be relied upon (when fit). He lives for football. Gio, in my opinion, lives off the back of its fame.

IF he can change then great. He is just as talented than Cole and he's also younger and cheaper (wage-wise) but that's a big if and it appears Harry's made his mind up on that.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

GIO OR JOE ??? Empty Re: GIO OR JOE ???

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jul 05 2010, 17:07

Iv got to go for Gio, as he is already at the club. As for Cole if the deal does come off he will have my full support its just he will come with a whacking great signing on fee and monstrous wage demands and an ego that imo will upset the unity we have in our squad!! Hope am wrong but..........................................................................
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Jul 05 2010, 20:27

Gio me Too

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06 2010, 06:20

I've gone for Joe. Now, Gio looked great for Meh-Hec-Ico in Sarf Afrika. Was that because the team played to his style of game ? Meh-Hek-Iko play it fast on the break, all charge forward and give the ball to Gio to play the "killer-pass". Spurs don't ! Joe Cole, on the other hand, has played all styles of football at all levels. 'arry knows him well, very well. I do not like his alleged wage demands and hope Spurs refuse to pay it ! He's a rich lad and if he come's I hope he come's for the vision that 'arry & Levy are starting to build. Pay him the top wack that we pay and let him earn the rest thro' image rights etc. I still feel we have a strong eenough midfield without him but his addition would not weaken the team (in playing terms, about moral etc I'm not sure). But back to Gio. Should we not , to quote The Ruts, give youth a chance ? Shame he ain't English/British Isles. Has 'arry already seen a problem with his attitude & family influence ? When I weigh all sides up I'm going for the experience of Cole against the youthfull enthusiasim of Gio. I just hope money don't turn round & bite our Yid backsides on this . . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Jul 06 2010, 06:25

Its a hard one, because Gio struggled in the Prem, but he is still young an learning. Overall, i would need to go with experience, so its Joe for me, but then again, why not both??
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Jul 06 2010, 07:16

joe
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 06 2010, 10:15

I'd have both and use Cole as a central midfielder instead of isolating him out on the wings.

I reckon Harry can work a deal with him where he gets a big signing on fee, as he's on a free, then his wages would end up in line with the rest of the team. I also feel that he'd be a positive influence in the changing room because his work ethic is excellent.

Bring in Cole, keep Dos Santos, offload Jenas and Bentley and we'd have improved our midfield without paying too far over the odds, we may even reduce our wage bill somewhat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:20