The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes

The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes Empty The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07 2010, 19:25

Fellow supporters, if you can find it in your hearts?, I implore you to indulge me for a while..

Turn your 'mental biological clock' forward a few weeks to Saturday 14th August. It's 12.45pm, the Sky TV cameras are once again present at a packed White Hart Lane and the atmos is buzzing. The teams are ready for the refs whistle and Man Citeh supporters are stocked up with plenty of Andrex ready to help them deal with the constant and uncontrollable soiling of their undergarments, due to fear of the inevitable battering their £3.737gazillion squad is about to receive. 'Coopsie, how the heck can you be so positive?', I hear you ask. Simple really!!.

Apart from poor old Johnny Woodgate, we'll have a fully fit squad to choose from. 'So what?' I hear you say. Well our fully fit squad is a squad that had been together throughout our record breaking campaign last season. However, although the squad was together last season, they were NEVER all fit. So with the absurd amount of riches at Harry will have at his disposal, combined with the element of 'togetherness' brought upon by consistency, the only outcome will be a moral boosting 3 points. Not a bad way to start our season ;-) Here is the good bit though.

After the supposed tricky start against Man Citeh, we find ourselves travelling to Stoke for a day out to watch some guy called 'Delap' throw the ball really far for 90 minutes before leaving to go home with yet another 3 points in our back pockets, which incidentally, is where good old Wilson will still be carrying Yaya Toure from the week before ;-). Excellent, 6 points from 2 games and sitting at the top with the other sprinters. Oh damn it I apologise. Make that 9 points from 3 games because I forgot about Wigan coming to The Lane for their annual nine goal battering ;-) Am I getting a little ahead of myself here? Who knows? But if I am you're going to be really receptive of this next bit lol.

The problem here is that after taking 9 points from those first 3 games, we've got a trip to 'boing boing' land to well and truly introduce West Brom to the Premier League, which I'm afraid to inform those from the black country, means you're also going to get a battering by the free flowing and mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC. OH DEAR!!

Next up is a certain Wolverhampton Wanderers. Sorry fellas BUT you're another bunch of midlanders who are about to be well and truly 'put to the sword'. How dare you even consider coming back to White Hart Lane after taking maximum points off us last season. What a stupid mistake!!

Seriously though, am I the only person who can see maximum points from these games?. Am I also the only person that can also see maximum points coming from the following games against West Ham, Villa, Fulham, Everton I'm probably the loudest mouth on here when it comes to saying how we should get a better striker, game controlling midfielder BUT I seriously believe that our 'unit ethic' and matured togetherness will stand us in perfect stead to take each and every point that I suggest we will in this article (Waste of scottspurs time). Heck maybe I even believe that the match after the Everton game will reap maximum points for us this time round? After all, it's only bloody Man Utd at Old Trafford, what's to worry about? They only have that fat fella upfront who likes old ladies but he showed his true worth in the World Cup ;-).

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, our club is back. Not only is it back but it's bigger, stronger and perhaps more together than ever before?. We had our best season in recent history with the worst luck with injuries that I can ever remember BUT now the mighty cockerel that has graced the crest of our great club since 1901 is ready to crow loud and proud once more. COYS...

written by coopsieyid
    /www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes Empty Re: The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 07 2010, 23:50

This 'optimism' malarky appears to be rather catching Wot?

The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes Empty Re: The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08 2010, 00:33

"ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE "
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 08 2010, 03:46

Love it Max.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 09 2010, 05:45

And next seasons year ends in a one ...... I can see a double lol The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes Drunken_smilie COYS!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09 2010, 05:54

The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes 933444 I see a triple Arnie, maybe a quadrople. Hell let's shot for the stars . . . . . . . . . . The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes 764682
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 09 2010, 06:03

Lets not be to greedy Vis lol....... Give our squad players a run out in the domestic cups and we see how they get on .. .

Premeirship and Champs League double and all the rest will finaly get to understand ..................... The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes 208857

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09 2010, 06:15

Well Arnie, the squad players will have a point to prove to the more esteemed regular players and therefore the domestic cup compo's will be their Holy Grail and glory shall be theirs and the light of jubilance shall shine upon them in their beauty, radiance and magnificence & peace, love & justice shall reign over the land . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 09 2010, 06:18

Seems perfect to me Vis ......im going with all of that The Cockerel Crows, The Giant Awakes 209941
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jul 09 2010, 21:28

[quote="VisionarySound"]Well Arnie, the squad players will have a point to prove to the more esteemed regular players and therefore the domestic cup compo's will be their Holy Grail and glory shall be theirs and the light of jubilance shall shine upon them in their beauty, radiance and magnificence & peace, love & justice shall reign over the land . . . . . . .

Yeah .................................

What he said.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10 2010, 12:44

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:17