The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Right ! now thats all over................. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Right ! now thats all over................. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Right ! now thats all over.................

Right ! now thats all over................. Empty Right ! now thats all over.................

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12 2010, 17:18

Good bye and good riddance to the world cup, we can now concentrate on pre-season happenings at spurs and look forward to the new season proper.

I ,m not knocking the world cup it was just so boring :zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Right ! now thats all over................. Sleep especially when england went out, even after that i tried to get enthusiastic watching other games but it was all so obvious that no one team was special.

Yep ! its good to get that out the way and look forward to the new roller coaster ride what is supporting tottenham hotspur . Right ! now thats all over................. Icon_cheers
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Right ! now thats all over................. Empty Re: Right ! now thats all over.................

Post by ionman34 Mon Jul 12 2010, 22:44

Personally I think it was one of the worst World Cups in living memory Lew. Never seen so much negative, defensive Football for as long as I can remember anyway.

To cap it all off it was the Dutch who brought the whole mindset of the majority to light. They had been playing with so much flair and poise right up until the time where it really mattered. They make the Final and, instead of trying to win it, change their entire demeanour and look to spoil rather than create.

In retrospect, it's a shame that there was no South American participation, by this I mean Brazil. They're about the only team I really believe went out there with the necessary mentality, win every game then lift the cup. Their only real tactic was to take the ball, keep it and attack at every opportunity.

Mind you, that's true of just about every Brazilian side ever seen.

Fair play to the Spanish, they won a WC without ever having to play at their best, this more than anything tells me just how poor this WC was.

Thoroughly disappointed in the Dutch and I think they spurned probably their greatest chance to win the WC that they'll ever see.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Right ! now thats all over................. Empty Re: Right ! now thats all over.................

Post by djfitzo Mon Jul 12 2010, 23:51

Fair play to the Spanish, they won a WC without ever having to play at their best, this more than anything tells me just how poor this WC was.

Makes Englands participation more galling Ion. Read in the paper that Rooney spoke to Fergie and told him he was missing his baby, christ, its football thats gonna pay for its private education and all the things normal kids can only dream of, ffs why didnt they plan it so it happened after the world cup, used to be playing for your country was the highest honour of all.

Strange how Van Bommels father in law is Hollands coach, cos i wouldnt have that liablity playing for me in the world cup, however judging by the luck his had all tournament with refs, he probably thought he'd get away with it.

And finally our mate Coward Webb, as much as I hate to say it, apart from not sending off De Jong for his kung fu kick and Robben kicking the ball in the net after already been booked, didnt really have much choice wiht the bookings he handed out.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13 2010, 01:58

yep was a very boring world cup, was 2006 worse. prob not. although i remember urkrain boring the pants of me.
    i agree that spain won it without ever playin there best. and they was carryin torres up untill the semi final
    holland was ok but again i thought they shouldnt of made the final.
    i enjoyed watching ghana germany chilli and argintina.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jul 13 2010, 05:31

I thought it was very poor, The final was ruined by Holland, had they played the way they are renowned for it would have been a great game, but they got what they deserved, beaten, I do like to see the underdog's do well as I do in the FA Cup, as long as it is not at our expense. I loved watching Japan and South Korea, they seem to give their all by playing with so much passion, something the England player's lacked, but other than that I am glad it's over.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13 2010, 06:11

1st half of the final I thought I'd tuned into a cage fight by mistake ! A very dull World Cup and of the games I saw I cannot remember any that made me think 'Wow, glad I watched that', so let's now get down to proper business of Spurs . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:52