The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Adel and Lought EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Adel and Lought EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Adel and Lought EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Adel and Lought EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Adel and Lought EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Adel and Lought EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Adel and Lought EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Adel and Lought EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Adel and Lought EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Adel and Lought Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
cstmrsking
SuneJim
ionman34
djfitzo
8 posters

Adel and Lought

djfitzo
    International
    International

Adel and Lought Empty Adel and Lought

Post by djfitzo Mon Jul 12 2010, 20:10

Lought, theres no doubt Taraabt's skill, but below is a little bit of the action from the match against Bournemouth

83.58: CHANCE - BOURNEMOUTH: Arter dispossessed Taarabt in the centre of the park and ran at the defence before laying out wide right to Feeney who hammered over from a tight angle just inside the box.

Now if a player from Bournemouth can do that, think what a prem team will do to us if Adel loses possession and that is what ive always said about he lad, he always tries one dribble to many.

Adel and Lought Empty Re: Adel and Lought

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13 2010, 01:46

LOL So you highlight 1 time he gives he ball away. so jenas bentley lennon dont give the ball away. so this guy comes up to spurs for pre season plays all the 2nd half and gives the ball away in the 83minute.
    how many times does ronaldo lose the ball. do you see him tracking back. because he dont yet hes one of the best players in the world. go watch clips on him in hes 1st 2 season for man u. he was awfull kept given the bal away no end product. did fergie loan him out. nope because he the new kid was specal
    the trouble with lots of english fans and mangers is they dont like players that can play. its why our english team is rubbish
    how many english coaches say boot it. get rid of it when under pressure. yet if these players could keep the ball and play there way out we would prob win more. why punt the ball upfeild only for it to come back at you.
    the best teams are the teams who play it out ouf defence. go watch clips of adel. bags of skill he can pass and i think hes got better at passing. hes last game for spurs he came on with 7minutes left the arsenal at home 0 0 3 times he got forward and the last time he got the ball from hes own defneders and walked through there midfeild and he put modric through 1 on 1 and he missed. keep adel if we sell we will regret it. get rid of bentley
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 13 2010, 02:02

I highlighted Lought as when they showed the qpr highlights and other teams that his been loaned to, they dont show the flaw thats in his game. When Ronaldo lost the ball, he had a great team to win it back, we are not at the standard as yet. Maybe Harry can coax a better all round player out of him as he undoubtedly has the skill,just doesnt know when to release the ball at times and that can be very expensive in the prem, out of interest and with all our players fit, how would you get him into the team anyway?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13 2010, 02:13

he wouldnt get in the team and shouldnt just like ronaldo couldnt when he 1st went man u. but instead of loanin out players 2 lower divison teams fergie used him as a sub in games that was already won so he learn the game.
    he would be in my spurs sqaud. and i would use him in the carling cup and blend him into the prem
    when we are chasen a game and we won out of ideas id bring him on then or wen we 3 0 4 0 up with 20 minutes to go
    gazza was prob raw when he was young along with all the other skillful players. id rather keep him and get rid of bentley who has no pace . hes game based on crossing but our strikers down like crosses. we hardly ever score goals from bentley crossing
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 13 2010, 16:16

I'm with Lought on this one. Encourage the precocious talents, introduce them gradually whilst they train on a daily basis with the senior pro's. If his attitude is right and he listens to Harry, who knows how far he would go.

Look at the develpment of Lennon over the past 2/3 seasons. Once Harry took him under his wing then the final ball suddenly appeared with a bang.

Redknapp is renowned for bringing the best out of this kind of talent, I'd have Taarabt on the subs bench regularly and keep offering him the opportunity to break into the first team. I'd also play him on the cup games telling him 'Go on son, show me what you can do for the team.' We either get an eager superstar in the making, or we offload a Prima Donna.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 13 2010, 19:16

ionman34 wrote:I'm with Lought on this one. Encourage the precocious talents, introduce them gradually whilst they train on a daily basis with the senior pro's. If his attitude is right and he listens to Harry, who knows how far he would go.

Look at the develpment of Lennon over the past 2/3 seasons. Once Harry took him under his wing then the final ball suddenly appeared with a bang.

Redknapp is renowned for bringing the best out of this kind of talent, I'd have Taarabt on the subs bench regularly and keep offering him the opportunity to break into the first team. I'd also play him on the cup games telling him 'Go on son, show me what you can do for the team.' We either get an eager superstar in the making, or we offload a Prima Donna.

Maybe yous two are right, then i thought how young Adel went public with his opinion of Spurs, but then I thought so did Pav and Harry still got him scoring for a couple of months, however, with Harrys very public courting of Joe Cole, i just cant see room for Taraabt, just have to wait and see who puts it in in traing and friendlies and who we shift out in the next 3/4 weeks or so.

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Jul 14 2010, 03:52

Adel Taarabt is a talent that's for sure & i love Loughts long time admiration of him & the passion in which he both champions him & defended him. But i'm with DJ on this one i'm afraid. Whilst he is a very good prospect i think his mentality will always let him down. He thinks he's a star all ready. But he still has to build as a player & a person by some of his quotes.

He's selfish both on & off the pitch from what i see. He's has to improve as a team player & mature as a person that's for sure. If he can sort himself out then OK but i can't see it. He's putting all his efforts into bemoaning his misfortunes in the press rather than getting his head down & working on the football & professionalism that he needs to.

Sorry Lought not for me Mate.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14 2010, 05:35

hmm well least ionman on my side here. ill wait and watch when the line up includes bentley right wing and crouch up front and bentley sends in 20 crosses only for 18 to end up either not beaten the 1st man or goin into the keepers arms.
    the 2 that crouch does manage to get hes head on will end up anwhere not even he will know lol
    i urge u all to go back and wathc the adel free kick when he curled it round the wall and think of how many free kicks jenas has taken . its got to be least 1oo and 1 goal
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 14 2010, 19:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:hmm well least ionman on my side here. ill wait and watch when the line up includes bentley right wing and crouch up front and bentley sends in 20 crosses only for 18 to end up either not beaten the 1st man or goin into the keepers arms.
    the 2 that crouch does manage to get hes head on will end up anwhere not even he will know lol
    i urge u all to go back and wathc the adel free kick when he curled it round the wall and think of how many free kicks jenas has taken . its got to be least 1oo and 1 goal

Lought, none of those will be starters next season, dont see your logic, infact some may not even be here!!

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Jul 15 2010, 06:04

This Is A Love Thing. Leave Them Be.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 15 2010, 06:26

cstmrsking wrote:This Is A Love Thing. Leave Them Be.

Adel and Lought Lol
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Jul 15 2010, 10:28

Can you who doubt him honestly say he's had a fair crack of the whip at tottenham? How many years ago was our epic 4-3 against the hammers, when he came on and changed the game. He should have been given far more games in the carling cup, And more substitute appearances in the premier since then.

I fear either we've already ruined a special Player, or we're on the verge of letting one go.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15 2010, 11:05

well said sar. and hes had better season at qpr then santos who was in sum 3rd divison. even there fans was sayin he wasnt doin much unlike adel who scored a few goals for qpr
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Jul 19 2010, 21:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbj6dDitSSc

Look what he done against Chelsea last season. I know it's only a you tube clip, but there is starting to be an end product to his game.
    And he makes a proper mug outta Joe Cole.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jul 19 2010, 22:23

I agree that Tarrabt is a talent, but his major problem is his image and
    that huge head of his. If he just knuckles down and lets the football
    do the talking, he would probably have been given more of a chance at
    Spurs. But he still may be given a chance, he still is a Spurs player,
    and thats why Spurs are still holding onto him maybe. Also, the remarks
    he made last Season about wishing he had joined the Goonies instead
    didnt help, its not professional, Hossam Ghaly comes to mind. I'm sure i've mentioned this before, or i'm either getting serious deja vu's lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 19 2010, 22:31

Probably DeJa Vu DJ. I get it all the time mate. I think I've said that before. Adel and Lought Icon_eek
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jul 19 2010, 22:53

lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jul 19 2010, 23:13

Im with the guys who feel Taraabt shouldve been given more playing time for Spurs ...Im sure if he'd worn the shirt more times than he has, we would now have a very useful player...

Powefully built , difficult to shake off the ball with bags of skills .....
    Why Joe Cole ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 02 2024, 16:00