The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Do they really care ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Do they really care ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Do they really care ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Do they really care ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Do they really care ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Do they really care ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Do they really care ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Do they really care ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Do they really care ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Do they really care ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Do they really care ?

Do they really care ? Empty Do they really care ?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20 2010, 20:42

To follow up my own thread titled "great faith in human nature " i would ask that do players like joe cole really care about the clubs that give them mega money in football, a chance to play what after all is a game we all played as kids and enjoyed and get well paid for it.

I am not singling out joe cole (let me say that for a start ) i am saying footballers as a breed.

Even the biggest and richest of clubs are getting themselves in debt to maintain their status, in having to pay massive wages to any player with any sort of ability.

I just wonder when there is going to be some sanity in the game, clubs dont only have to rely on season tickets and gate money from the fans to cover player expenses, that alone wouldnt be enough ! they have to get massive sponsorship deals and tv rights cash to stay afloat.

We know footballers arent renown for their intelligence but surely even they must realise that clubs will go out of existence if the present level of wage rises continue..............i mean 90.000 per week from a club that have no money (or so we are led to believe) for a player that couldnt hold a place at chelsea and has an injury record that is a little worrying to say the least.

We at spurs have daniel levy .........love him or hate him ? the club is in good hands with him, but even we are having to build a new stadium to up the finances.....and for what ? to pay the mercenaries more wages to get where we want to go...!

Do you know what ? as much as i love football i am sickened by badge kissing and players stating " i have supported the club as a lad etc etc blah blah " what a load of rubbish, i just wonder how many of them really do care about the clubs they play for ? as for loyalty and contracts ! we know neither is sacred in a players vocabulary.

Rant over...................................................COYS. Do they really care ? 877182
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Do they really care ? Empty Re: Do they really care ?

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 20 2010, 21:22

Spot on Lew. Unfortunately its the way of the World mate. Not just in football. This all started in the 8os when Thatcher told everyone it was good to be greedy. What makes me laugh though is a lot of these so called super stars are total w*nk.Is John Terry really worth his money? Is Rooney?, Berbatov? Heskey?
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Jul 20 2010, 23:29

will there be a follow up to this thread to Lew lol! Joke!!

I agree with ya totally Lew, football has gone beyond a joke and unfortunately football in England is leading the way in ridiculous wages being paid, hence Man City, Chelski, Manure, Liverpool, ect ect...

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 02:57

DJSR wrote:will there be a follow up to this thread to Lew lol! Joke!!
    There will be dj.....read some sanity needed.

I agree with ya totally Lew, football has gone beyond a joke and unfortunately football in England is leading the way in ridiculous wages being paid, hence Man City, Chelski, Manure, Liverpool, ect ect...

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 03:45

i can honestly say if i was a top player i would sign for spurs for 50k then go say chelsea for 90k. i do wonder who these players supported as they was growin up. surley most had a team they watched or went to week in week out.
    i dont care what anyone says but going to liverpool now with the mess thye or in and to a manager who most liverpool fans didnt want then go toa boss u used to play for who loves you and whos team is in champions league and then people try and tell me it aint about money
    what if liverpool offerd same money as spurs. we all know he would be here now
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 21 2010, 04:32

DJSR wrote:will there be a follow up to this thread to Lew Do they really care ? Lol Joke!!

Spot on with that DJ ..... Notice that all those clubs have one thing in common ,,,,they're all foreign owned paying silly wages to get the best players ...... check this out:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/27/1996144/the-more-profitable-bundesliga-has-a-brighter-future-than
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Jul 21 2010, 06:59

I think football is going to go Bankrupt in the future if things arent sorted out. I think that is why UEFA are bringing in the Financial fair play ruling...which basically means that every club has to basically bring in what they are spending...

This link is an interesting look at it. I am not sure if it is the way to go but i think it is a start and players wont be able to command such wages as the money just wont be there

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7504983

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 07:16

I'm not a fan of platin, or his Galic arrogance, but his financial fair play may just help the game in general. But I have seen elsewhere that English clubs are looking for opt out clauses already. The only people who can save football are the football themselves . . . . .
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Jul 21 2010, 07:18

VisionarySound wrote:I'm not a fan of platin, or his Galic arrogance, but his financial fair play may just help the game in general. But I have seen elsewhere that English clubs are looking for opt out clauses already. The only people who can save football are the football themselves . . . . .

I think that goes back to the other thing you were saying on the thread i started about UEFA financial fairplay rules....clubs could break off and start their own league,but then as u said where does that leave the internationals????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:14