The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Some sanity needed ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Some sanity needed ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Some sanity needed ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Some sanity needed ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Some sanity needed ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Some sanity needed ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Some sanity needed ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Some sanity needed ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Some sanity needed ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Some sanity needed ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Some sanity needed !

Some sanity needed ! Empty Some sanity needed !

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 03:11

Ok i am getting on my high horse about players outlandish demands for money in football..........but i really believe we need some sanity in the game if only to protect clubs from getting into massive debt.

Now i know its down to the people that run the clubs what they pay their players but how does anyone on here think this might work.

Lets say new rules could be implemented world wide..........all top division players paid the same salary....say £30.000 per week, but on signing a contract players are actually given a share in the clubs profits after the clubs expenses.
    Say a club makes a net profit of £20 million in a year, then a certain amount is put by for player purchases, say for instance £15 million, the other £5 million is divided among the players, manager and owners as they would be shareholders, surely this would prevent clubs going bust, and also be an incentive to the players to play well for the club as the more success on the field of play the more revenue the club is going to make.

The system at the moment is who wants to pay players the most money, and that imo is a massive pitfall of the working mans sport.

Some sanity needed ! Empty Re: Some sanity needed !

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 03:47

dude you sound like you do care lol im happy he didnt come. all i want now is jenas 2 P*ss off and keane to be sold and ill b happy. im not botherd if ohare stays as when he plays he does try and is passionot and wil be given hes all
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 21 2010, 04:09

Maybe Jol taking over at Fulham will kick start things for us ...
    Keane has talked to Villa and theyve been dragging their heals for a few months now...Jol could well do a deal for Keane and Jenas thats 13 million minimum for us I'd say ..

O'Hara Im not wanting at the club no more ... 5 million for him ... ..

Dont think we will get Eidur now so thats 18 million to Werder Bremen and we get the german Ozil as he will fit in nicely to our team's fast counter attacking style ... Midfield sorted with Bellamy too ...

Striker ...one out , one in ?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 04:46

yea the gudjohnson thing seems to be draggin on. plus i dont think harry is botherd as he only gave him 2 starts

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 05:28

lewspurs wrote:Ok i am getting on my high horse about players outlandish demands for money in football..........but i really believe we need some sanity in the game if only to protect clubs from getting into massive debt.

Now i know its down to the people that run the clubs what they pay their players but how does anyone on here think this might work.

Lets say new rules could be implemented world wide..........all top division players paid the same salary....say £30.000 per week, but on signing a contract players are actually given a share in the clubs profits after the clubs expenses.
    Say a club makes a net profit of £20 million in a year, then a certain amount is put by for player purchases, say for instance £15 million, the other £5 million is divided among the players, manager and owners as they would be shareholders, surely this would prevent clubs going bust, and also be an incentive to the players to play well for the club as the more success on the field of play the more revenue the club is going to make.

The system at the moment is who wants to pay players the most money, and that imo is a massive pitfall of the working mans sport.

Lew it's a great idea but the 'big' clubs would flout it straight away. I also think any sort of wage ceiling may fail because of EU laws on freedom of employment. I truely love your idea and would also add things like performences, performence related, clean sheets, assists, goals all sorts of stuff. But this would need the agreement & goodwill of ALL clubs & players. It would only take 1 club or a small amount of players to make it unworkable. Also exsisting shareholders in the club may take issue if more shares are floated, possibly devaluing theirs or you could get a situation where the new floated stock is sold on by players & bought up to allow a 'hostile' take-over. I do believe that wage caps are the only answer to football destroying it-self but there would be so many, many problems in implamenting it and making it accepted practice . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 18:46

VisionarySound wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:Ok i am getting on my high horse about players outlandish demands for money in football..........but i really believe we need some sanity in the game if only to protect clubs from getting into massive debt.

Lew it's a great idea but the 'big' clubs would flout it straight away. I also think any sort of wage ceiling may fail because of EU laws on freedom of employment. I truely love your idea and would also add things like performences, performence related, clean sheets, assists, goals all sorts of stuff. But this would need the agreement & goodwill of ALL clubs & players. It would only take 1 club or a small amount of players to make it unworkable. Also exsisting shareholders in the club may take issue if more shares are floated, possibly devaluing theirs or you could get a situation where the new floated stock is sold on by players & bought up to allow a 'hostile' take-over. I do believe that wage caps are the only answer to football destroying it-self but there would be so many, many problems in implamenting it and making it accepted practice . . . . .
    I was only dreaming vis !
    In an ideal world it might work but its never going to happen because clubs have gotten onto this merry-go-round of player trading involving big money, but its worth dreaming about the way things could be or possibly might be.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 19:16

It's a fine dream Lew and one which I share. The game we love, the clubs we adore are in danager of dissapering in the future if some financial sanity is not put into place to curb the excess & avarice that infests modern football . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 04:11