The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham quotations EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham quotations EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham quotations EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham quotations EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham quotations EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham quotations EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham quotations EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham quotations EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham quotations EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham quotations Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Tottenham quotations

Tottenham quotations Empty Tottenham quotations

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25 2010, 03:49

"When Gazza came to the Spurs training ground for the first time got the ball, went round 8 players as if they were not there and then smashed the ball into the net. Just to see him play like that made the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Everybody stood there and applauded him."
    - Terry Venables

"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass."
    - Jasper Carrott

"White Hart Lane was always a place where I felt I belonged."
    - David Ginola

"I would run through brick walls for Spurs."
    - Graham Roberts

"The biggest regret of my whole football career was leaving White Hart Lane in 1970... my interest in football weakened after that. I was heartbroken."
    - Jimmy Greaves

"We like a tackle at Tottenham. We're not pansies, you know."
    - David Pleat

"I fell in love with this club and it's still my favourite. I was made very welcome there by everyone and the fans were always marvellous. There is always a place in my heart for Tottingham Hotspurs."
    - Ossie Ardilles

"Wimbledon with fans."
    - Jimmy Greaves

"Even now, when I go over to my mother's house and dig out the old tracksuit tops I wore, it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I like to think I am part of a special family. I am no longer connected with the club on a daily basis, but I'm delighted with every win and sad about every defeat."
    - Steve Perryman

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”
    - Danny Blanchflower

"Bill Nick always wanted us to win with style and entertain the fans. If we won a game and had played badly, he was disappointed."
    - Cliff Jones

"Any player coming to Spurs, whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy, must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."
    - Bill Nicholson

“It’s magnificent to be in Europe, and this club - a club like Tottenham Hotspur - if we’re not in Europe… we’re nothing. We’re nothing.”
    - Bill Nicholson

“If you don’t have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can’t claim to have done your best.”
    - Bill Nicholson

“Naturally I’m a Tottenham man. So far as football is concerned, it means almost everything, doesn’t it really? Because I can reflect back to being a player with, and manager of some of the finest players that have ever been in the game.”
    - Bill Nicholson

“It’s been my life, Tottenham Hotspur, and I love the club.”
    - Bill Nicholson

"I always said that it was an honour to serve Tottenham Hotspur and I feel the same every time I walk back into the stadium."
    - Bill Nicholson

"When it is played at its best football remains the greatest game of all. And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club."
    - Bill Nicholson

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
    - Bill Nicholson
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Tottenham quotations Empty Re: Tottenham quotations

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 25 2010, 04:22

"Whenever I was presented with an opportunity, I never hit the ball with all the power I could muster because I didn't have to. When I saw an opening I would simply pass the ball through the space knowing no one could reach it. Jimmy Greaves.

"All he did this afternoon was score those 4 goals" Bill Nicholson on Jimmy Greaves.

I didn't go along with coaching. My job was to score goals, that's it, the rest of it didn't affect me. Jimmy Greaves.

"They used to tell me I should track back. Why? I'm a goalscorer" Jimmy Greaves.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25 2010, 06:08

"They used to tell me I should track back. Why? I'm a goalscorer" Jimmy Greaves.
    so true. why do they make strikers track back

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:21