The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Keane EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Keane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Keane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Keane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Keane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Keane EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Keane EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Keane EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Keane EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Keane Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Keane

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Keane Empty Keane

Post by MarkA249 Mon Jul 26 2010, 04:53

Playing quite well till half time good finish for his goal good work to set up Bale who should of scored

Keane Empty Re: Keane

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 04:57

yea hes not playing bad. 1 of hes better games. bale is lookin short of match fitness. when did jenas come on lol
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Jul 26 2010, 05:05

Adel doing ok lol give ball away very easy defence looks very very shaky Corluka looks a better centre half there than right back though Jenas no words to decribe how bad he is

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 05:31

Still flapping his arms and blaming everyone else tho' . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 06:41

adel played about 5 through balls. and did pass more. i though hudd looked good . jenas goes forward then stops and plays the ball back.
    adel obika towsend are all lookin good, even our golaie looks a good prospect

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 18:54

Look's like 'arry still rates him . . . . . . . .

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp intends to name Robbie Keane in his 25-man Premier League squad, despite persistent speculation that the Republic of Ireland striker will be allowed to leave White Hart Lane.
    Full story: Daily Telegraph

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27 2010, 08:26

he loooked ok yesterday but the 2 games before then he looked poor. hes def lost some pace. he slows our attacks down
    im sure one striker wil go. it wont be defoe as harry loves him. crouch wont go as harry brought him unless we get silly offer for him. i would rather we keep pav as he offers more for the team

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27 2010, 08:46

And that will still leave us needing a 4th striker Lought whichever player goes (for the record I want Pavy to stay if HE wants to stay). Maybe Bellamy, but I wouldn't class him as an out & out striker ! Deffo think 'arry's got a trick up his sleeve on this but he's keeping sthum on it to stop any kind of feeding frenzy by the meeja . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 27 2010, 22:48

Well we've been linked with Falcao who Harry appears to rate. I don't know anything about this lad so I haven't a Scooby whether he's better, worse or the same as what we already have.

I go with the consensus though. Keane, for me, is past his best and needs replacing. Top class strikers seem to be at a premium at the moment though, so unless we are bringing in better than Keane he needs to stay, what's the point of changing like for like?

One thing that seems to have been overlooked here is that our strikers were never really the problem last season. Our lack of goals from midfield just highlighted their barren spells far more. We scored a lot of goals last season, maybe not as many as Chelsea and Utd but they have free scoring midfielders who weigh in with a fair load of goals. Didn't Lampard get over 20 goals?
    That takes a shitload of pressure off the strikers which, in turn, has them scoring more.

Maybe Harry is focussing on quicker and hungrier, maybe this is what Falcao offers as well as Brazilian class? If such is the case then I'm all for it as he may well have picked out another gem that will develop with the rest of the team. The key though, for me, is the midfield finding its scoring boots more regularly. Once that happens then we will truly challenge for the title.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 03:18

on my pro evo 09 i brought a player called falco and harnic and the done really well for me lol
    i would rather see keane gone and let obika step up. why do we keep buyin other teams kids and not give our own a chance

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 04:44

Spot on Ion. I've thought for awhile that given the class of some of our midfield they should have more goals. Moddle, Lennon & Thudd should at least double if not treble their totals of last season. Moddle had 3, as did Lennon, Thudd 4 goals ! If you look at the tallys the strikers scored 58 goals between 4 of them. The midfield scored 26, with Kranky at 8 goals the best, spread amongst 9 players . The defence, and I have included Bale in this, scored 10 goals from 6 players. If you double the goals of Moddle, Lennon & Thudd and give an extra goal apeice to the remaining midfielders you end up with an extra 16 goals ! I still feel we need another striker to chip-in like Defoe as he was top scorer with 24 followed a long way behind by Crouch on 13. We need a striker to fill that gap and the midfield to realise their scoring potential, than we will be looking at goals galore . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 03 2024, 23:44