The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
I have to say............. ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
I have to say............. ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
I have to say............. ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
I have to say............. ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
I have to say............. ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
I have to say............. ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
I have to say............. ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
I have to say............. ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
I have to say............. ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

I have to say............. ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

I have to say............. !

I have to say............. ! Empty I have to say............. !

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:01

That the three new york challenge games has been as bit of an eye opener ! for me at least, watching some of our fringe players.

I was impressed with townsend, walker and obika, i was less impressed with hutton and (sorry lought \) taarabt.

Honestly lought if the bloke is as good as you say he is and more importantly as good as he thinks he is then he should be impressing in games such as these.

I saw a few good touches and a few not so good, and half the time he wasnt in the game, was he taken off second half because i was interrupted by a telephone call ? because i cant remember hearing his name in the second half.

Hutton ! well i was disappointed, he so obviously isnt going to dislodge corluka at right back unless we have a cb crisis, yes he runs and crosses quite well but he is out of position half the time when the opposition attack.

Obika looks sharp and townsend is a great prospect, i look forward to seeing more of them in the coming season even though probably only as subs.

As i said a bit of an eye opener, and i thought overall the team did well, considering it was mainly made up of second choice players.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

I have to say............. ! Empty Re: I have to say............. !

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:34

Good to see some of the fringe players as you say , Lew ...

Button fills me with more confidence than Alnwick and I see Cudicini looks like he's over those injuries he suffered in the bike accident ..

Right-back position is Corluka's and Kaboul's to do battle over, with Kyle Walker stepping in if need be...Hutton , a player I had high hopes for when he first arrived , for me seems to be the one that should be shipped out ..

Center halves we may be light , we do have Dawson , King , Bassong , Corluka .... I watched the Carling Cup final versus Chelsea the other night and Woodgate is on that showing one of the best in his position in the premeirship, but from what we're hearing about him, it dont look to good ..

In the left we dont look to bad .. We have Benoit and the stud Bale with both Townsend and Rose progressing well ...

Adel I thought showed some good touches and made some incisive passes too ... Got crowded out a few times after the the the Sporting Lesbian players sussed out he likes to take a few touches on the ball but on the whole, I thought he did okay ..... Ive seen Jenas in these USA games and like that cartoon on youtube I have to ask , what exactly does he do ? So if Im having to pick out a midfielder for criticism then it is JJ rather than Adel ..

Obika looks a good prospect , strong and decent touch too with feet firmly on the ground judging by his post match interview ....

All is good .....

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:51

you should go back and watch the 1st 60minutes. how many times did adel play the perfect through ball only for them to miss,
    hes awarness to spot the through ball is really good. plus he was playing left wing when hes an attackin midfeilder. the guy has bags of skill.
    jenas did nuffin. keane ok was 1 ofhes better games..
    hutton can go, he ok going forward but hes defensive poistion is shocking

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:56

As you say Lew nice to see some squad players get games. Looking good to me. Strength in depth. I will say that Thudd, without trying, looks even better than ever . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:57

why not get rid of charlie cos in 2 games hes given the ball away so much same as jenas
    vis did i see hudd running more today lol he looks awsome

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 08:16

Lought from what I've seen he's patrolling across the back 4, breaking up play, sending killer passes forward then running, yes running, to join back in play and allow the back 4 to push up. Awesome as our Yankee commentators would say . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26 2010, 16:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:you should go back and watch the 1st 60minutes. how many times did adel play the perfect through ball only for them to miss,
    hes awarness to spot the through ball is really good. plus he was playing left wing when hes an attackin midfeilder. the guy has bags of skill.
    jenas did nuffin. keane ok was 1 ofhes better games..
    hutton can go, he ok going forward but hes defensive poistion is shocking

You were watching a different game to me lought....the passes you are on about were played too close to opposing players and cut out quite easily. (got it recorded lought ) i saw the first 60 minutes again no problem.
    Granted he has skill, he can beat people but he isnt for me mate, too weak , too easily knocked off the ball and probably thinks the opposition should stand and applaud him not tackle him.
    Totally agree hutton is out of his depth, cant believe we nearly paid £10 mill for him, but he doesnt look the same player as when we first signed him, jenas is just jenas.....totally overated....sell him .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:34