The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
FT 1-4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
FT 1-4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
FT 1-4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
FT 1-4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
FT 1-4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
FT 1-4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
FT 1-4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
FT 1-4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
FT 1-4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

FT 1-4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

FT 1-4

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

FT 1-4 Empty FT 1-4

Post by MarkA249 Fri Jul 30 2010, 07:56

Better second half for a while but dont think arry looked impressed think some moves might happen soon enough looked very sluggish good points Hutton first half 2nd half Giovani Walker and Parrett

FT 1-4 Empty Re: FT 1-4

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30 2010, 08:04

When the 3rd goal went in Mark, which was a tadge fortuitous with the deflection, we seemed to give up and play for time. Despite his miss Walker looked good (as did Naughton in the 1st half), the boy Bale looks better then he finished last season. It was also nice to see the ball kept mostly on the deck even with Crouch on the pitch. As I said in your original thread this has been a very, very valuable lesson for us and one I'm sure 'arry will make mucho use of . The result in truth was fair and 'arry can now use that to shake the lads up in time for the C/L qualifier and the Citeh game. Not a bad thing if the players are still resting on their laurels after last season (the Burnley game springs to mind) . . .. . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Jul 30 2010, 08:06

Was only able to catch the last 15 or so minutes. Shocking scoreline and it could of been more. Looked like the same old dodgy Spurs defending. Harry needs to address that area ASAP!!! Benfica on Monday....

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30 2010, 10:01

A shocking scoreline indeed which I'll raise a glass to FT 1-4 523963 but the Chelski one is funnier FT 1-4 Lol

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30 2010, 10:38

and adel only played the last 12mins so he cant be blamed but then jenas came off after 18mins so anyway
    i though rose looked good along wiv walker hudd parrot
    our goalie looked all over the place. gio needs to come and find the ball like crouch did
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jul 30 2010, 15:58

I know it's early days yet but the team look a long way from being ready and we need to hit the ground running or we will be chasing points from the beginning, especially with City our first game. Even though it was just a friendly,Villareal at WHL should be a win game for us and certainly not 1-4. Where did thy finish in La Liga last season 5th 6th.
    I'm not sure Harry knows what his best side is at the moment and I think our strikers need to get their act together pretty quick. I don't think any of them are firing at the moment it was the same at the end of last season, Defoe, Crouch, Pav, not one of them seem to be on form right now and Harry needs to get a really class striker in. The trouble with our strikers are they all seem to be good impact players and look good coming off the bench, what we need is a player that can be good for 90 mins and I'm not sure that what we have can do that any more.
    Some of our younger players look good for the future, maybe 2 years away but we need it now if we are to build on last season, otherwise we will slip back into the pack again. I'm not just saying this because we lost badly to Villareal, I was saying it at the end of last season aswell. We have good squad but not a great team and those supporters that think we don't need to buy and this team is good enough to challenge for top 4 and CL are looking through rose coloured glasses.
    I would like to see the 2 from City, Bellamy and Richards here and if we could get Parker I think that would be great, forget all this bollox about "he turned us down for Newcastle" He did what they all do, go for the money, but he is just the type of player we need, tough and he scores some great goals, and then we need up front somebody like Fabiano.
    I also worry about the stick Lennon took from the media about the WC effecting his form early part of the season.
    As I said earlier we need to hit the ground running, as a bad defeat against City in our 1st game could blow a big hole in our confidence.
    I'm sure Harry knows we have areas to fill and is planning moves already, but the season is only 2 weeks away and we need any new signings bedded in before then.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 30 2010, 20:07

Great post Mikey. Have a Rep point.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Jul 31 2010, 00:22

city 1st up lol like their pulling up trees in pre season get a grip you fickle lot lol

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 02:08

harry moanin about the games. hes moanin about jenas gettin injuried cos we got so many games. yet harry started hudd and jenas in every game so far
    now hes sayin about all pre seasons and travellin like he didnt have a say in it
    nuffin hes fault. he dont have to keep playin the same 2 in midfeild we have a huge sqaud
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jul 31 2010, 04:05

spurslegend wrote:city 1st up lol like their pulling up trees in pre season get a grip you fickle lot lol

It's not fickle it's fact. City have not played their top players yet and they haven't finished buying. Our defence in the last 2 or 3 games has looked woeful and if they play like that in our 1st few games we wont' get a point and our strikers have looked poor. What I said is is we need 3 or 4 players to be able to compete and I stand by that.
    I'm like the rest of us I desperately want us to win something of importance like the Prem or the CL. But I just think that this team is just not good enough to get anywhere near this with the players we have. But as I have said before I believe Harry knows that aswell and will buy but I hope he makes it soon.

We finished 4th last year and it surprised everybody but the teams above and just below us are going to get stronger and we have to do the same otherwise a season ful of promise will be a season of disapointment.
    This may sound strange to some of you considering we hav'nt kicked a ball in anger yet but we only got in 4th last year by the skin of our teeth and we need reinforcements. All this business that we don't need to buy we have a great squad, in my opinion is not true. I want to win something this year and I don't mean the Carling Cup.
    I am probably the oldest of any of you on here and I have waited a lot longer to win the league again and I just think that with the right players we could do it this year. I saw the 61' side every week and remember the great times and want them back again NOW!

Mikey M
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Jul 31 2010, 08:04

totally agree Mikey have a rep point spot on

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:34