The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
In Harry I trust, EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
In Harry I trust, EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
In Harry I trust, EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
In Harry I trust, EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
In Harry I trust, EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
In Harry I trust, EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
In Harry I trust, EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
In Harry I trust, EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
In Harry I trust, EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

In Harry I trust, Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

In Harry I trust,

In Harry I trust, Empty In Harry I trust,

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 05:39

In Harry I trust, and you should too...

In Harry I trust, Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROr1Wr8LBgGswg_yCHWW8udYxuFT9ckEXT9vMnarDLEuB4QAA&t=1&usg=__XN2SaTmEF9O6M53PcokDgxIaZ18=

Here we are after our most successful season in the history of the Premier League, waiting for the chance to compete amongst the best clubs in Europe, and in my opinion, the world.

The summer of 2010 is the first time in my living memory (born in 84) that my beloved Spurs haven't had to be on-guard, defending our star players from 'bigger' clubs hell-bent on keeping us in mid-table mediocrity. The likes of Judas and Berb are prime examples of us being a 'stepping-stone' club.

This year I got to enjoy an awful world cup without a worry in the world of our players being poached for once. Not only that, but Bale and Modric were both tied to long-term contracts. I just can't handle it that this is not enough for most of our supporters. OK, so we have a manager that can't keep his mouth shut and speaks about bringing anyone that shows a glimpse of talent to White Hart Lane. If you really want to analyse his transfer record, it speaks for itself. He bought Defoe, Palacios, Chimbonda, Cudicini and Keane in his first transfer window as manager. Four of these players still do a job for us, and Chimbonda actually did help us in staving off relegation that season.

Last season Harry brought in the likes of Bassong, Kranjcar, Crouch, and Kaboul - as well as the two Kyle's as development prospects among others. His transfers in, speak for themselves. Each and every of the above mentioned players played a notable part in our achievements last season, and with none of their names being mentioned in leaving the club I believe they will all have a part to play in this seasons exploits.

Then there are complaints about us still hanging on to Hutton, JJ and Keane. Harry's transfers out include Zokora, Prince-Boateng and Bent - all of whom we were happy to see the back of. To those of you out there complaining that we haven't signed Forlan or Huntelaar this summer - I can't help but wonder what club you're supporting?! To see the abuse that Harry gets is bewildering to my eyes. From two points from eight games (look up when Fergie went to Man U) to Champions League qualifiers in a heartbeat, how can you possibly doubt the man?

The simple fact that we're being linked with such players is warming to my heart. Some complain that we have to keep moving forward - well with a talented and young squad in today`s troubled economic times, personally I'd say that simply everything with our club is looking positive.

When I look at Everton and Villa struggling to keep their stars, and smiling inside when West Ham are referred to our 'rivals' I feel so happy to be supporting Spurs. For so long we've been waiting for this moment, can't we just enjoy it? Looking at Liverpool and Man U in massive debt, Chelsea`s ageing squad, and City spending millions whilst we sit here comfortably within the new Premier League's squad limitations with a young team and manager hungry for success, what more can we ask for? To dare is to do - last season we dared, this season it's time to believe.

Written by Spursnomad

www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:33