The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Friendlies EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Friendlies EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Friendlies EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Friendlies EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Friendlies EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Friendlies EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Friendlies EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Friendlies EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Friendlies EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Friendlies Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Friendlies

Friendlies Empty Friendlies

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31 2010, 22:27

'arry is also criticising the pre-season schedule at spurs. OK I'm wise enough to know it's all about money but surely he has some input into the schedule or do the board sort out these fixtures ? If so it's completely mad not to discuss football matters with the main in charge of the team . . . . . .

Redknapp also criticised his own club for organising a pre-season schedule that he feels could be detrimental to their chances of qualifying for the Champions League group stages.
    Tottenham played three games in eight days on a tour of the United States before returning to take on Villarreal at White Hart Lane on Thursday - a game they lost 4-1.
    A trip to Portugal to play Benfica and a home game against Fiorentina follow.
    "It's been busy schlepping around the place," said Redknapp. "We've just come back from a gruelling trip around America.
    "It's crazy. And we pile more games in. The last thing we need is to be playing games.
    "We need to train. I need to get the players on the training pitch because all we do is play and recover. We should be working in training.
    "Too many games have been scheduled. I don't know whose fault that is. We play too many games.
    "We play Fiorentina on the Saturday [7 August], which is a nuisance, then they go off and play for their countries," he added.
    "They're going to have an international week before the first week of the season, before we play Manchester City and then a European qualifier.
    "I won't see them from Saturday night until Friday before we play Man City [on 14 August], not once.
    "Why? What's the point of it? A meaningless friendly. The week before the season, when we should be training, working, getting organised for the first game, they won't be here.
    "How can that be a way to prepare for the start of the season? Then you've got your fingers crossed that not too many come back injured."
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Friendlies Empty Re: Friendlies

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 01 2010, 01:47

I read that this morning Vis and like you I also thought well surely he has some input into it all.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Aug 01 2010, 07:44

You know guys I don't think he does. How many times have we heard him say on TV, when asked about players, " I don't know anything about that its down to the chairman." If its true then I believe he needs to speak up and tell the board that he is not happy about it. I'ts to late for this year as far as friendlys go but we don't need distant overseas tours in the future.
    I know it's the money as all the top clubs do it but 3 or 4 games against Rangers, Celtic and a couple of top championship sides will get them just as fit and less knackered.
    Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01 2010, 08:22

Spot-on Mikey. I know we are affiliated with San Jose Earthquakes so that was a corparate type of fixture fufillment. Next season we will probably be off to Brazil to play Sport Club Internacional, another affiliated club ! I'm convinced these far-flung pre-season friendlies are set-up by the money men as an excuse to flog even more club related merchandise. It is time 'arry said Europe and no further and a couple of home games. As manager pre-season fitness & practice should be solely his preserve . . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01 2010, 08:59

Uve hit the nail on the head there VIS!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02 2010, 05:49

What you wanna do is set yourself up with a few home games against recognised top European competition where you can show off to the world your fantastic new stadium, and then also set it up so that you've got a real good chance of lifting a trophy up in front of your own supporters.
    Playing well is par for the course when you're a recognised top team so that bit doesn't need too much thought.

Simples lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 02 2010, 06:29

Can anyone else be bothered to answer that monumental piece of Friendlies 901187 Nah, I thought not.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02 2010, 06:31

Hoist the jealousy flag Baz lol

C'mon you Greens!!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02 2010, 08:40

Mark2spark wrote:What you wanna do is set yourself up with a few home games against recognised top European competition where you can show off to the world your fantastic new stadium, and then also set it up so that you've got a real good chance of lifting a trophy up in front of your own supporters.
    Playing well is par for the course when you're a recognised top team so that bit doesn't need too much thought.

Simples lol

Well fatarsegas doesnt think you are a (recognised ) top team otherwise he wouldnt be giving wenger problems and enough fcking hints for the thick w*nker that he wants out from the shamirates and a move to barcelona, who i might add are truly a great club, who achieve things ..............but i suppose with you goons its the taking part that counts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:16