The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
I wanted to say this. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
I wanted to say this. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
I wanted to say this. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
I wanted to say this. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
I wanted to say this. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
I wanted to say this. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
I wanted to say this. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
I wanted to say this. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
I wanted to say this. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

I wanted to say this. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

I wanted to say this.

I wanted to say this. Empty I wanted to say this.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13 2010, 08:26

Well it aint about tottenham so baz might well move it but this has been on my mind for a while .

England in the world cup, old subject i know but stay with me a minute or two..............

Funny how many of us see this latest england flop with different tinted glasses over the last few weeks.

I saw a team robbed of a goal which would have had us going in all level at half time, it could have made a difference.

Yeah as i said its old hat now and has been discussed over and over again, but stay with me on this.....

Capellos knee jerk reaction is to make all and sundry changes to punish the non performers and sling in loads of youngsters to prove his point. for the hungary friendly....then up pops old stalwart gerrard with a couple of goals.

The point is that we were once again cheated out of a world cup game, many have said we were so dire that we would have lost anyway..............but i see it that we then had to take the game to germany and were punished for it.

Back to the friendly......it was laughable really and capello was making a statement to appease those that saw us humiliated on that night..............dropping all and sundry.

Some of those england youngsters arent ready and that was plain to see.

Theres a fine line in football.....thats divided sometimes with a little thing called luck, and we dont get much of it in the world cup matches................yeah some players arent good enough but to disband the team as capello has done is a cop out, designed to appease the masses.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

I wanted to say this. Empty Re: I wanted to say this.

Post by Boycey Fri Aug 13 2010, 15:13

Yes we were robbed of a goal and it could have pushed us on for the win,but couldnt it also have pushed Germany on? I really dont think we were good enough and that we deserved to go past Germany!

Onto the friendly....isnt that what friendlies are for? To try different players and systems? Better to try them in a friendly than in a major game like some past managers have done?
    But as for dropping all and sundry, i really do think that we need to scrap alot of the past team and start a fresh for 2012 and even for 2014 World Cup. Germany done that a few years ago....just basically started a fresh and look what they achieved? People we saying they were too young and were good enough this year...ok they didnt win in but they had a team that played for each other! Some of the youngster arent ready but to be involved this early might spur them on to improve and work harder and they can be good enough?

Also i just think money is a problem in football....how do you motivate a multi millonaire? Its shows what playing for their country means to them when 2 players can just retire after being called up? (Robinson and Brown) ok we know that they arent good enough to be in the 1st 11 all the time but isnt playing for their country the pinnacle of their career?

Sorry if i digressed.....lol

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13 2010, 16:05

Boycey, its thought provoking boycey, both your and my interpretations arent too many miles apart.

I cant get into a long reply as its 6am and i have to shoot to work, but its funny how a team who sailed through its group with such ease suddenly is seen as so bad in one match that it has to be broken up so ruthlessly............and yeah friendlies are to blood youngsters but as far as i could see capello was copping out.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sat Aug 14 2010, 00:50

lewspurs wrote:Boycey, its thought provoking boycey, both your and my interpretations arent too many miles apart.

I cant get into a long reply as its 6am and i have to shoot to work, but its funny how a team who sailed through its group with such ease suddenly is seen as so bad in one match that it has to be broken up so ruthlessly............and yeah friendlies are to blood youngsters but as far as i could see capello was copping out.

Something else was wrong in that World cup camp..something that we don't know about and it really seemed obvious in the way they played at the world cup, they weren't a team at all....And as for Rooney to perform so badly in the world cup and then get pictured in the press smoking,drinking and public peeing....now he seems to think he is untouchable and if i was Capello i would have put him on the bench on Wednesday

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14 2010, 06:06

Boycey wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:Boycey, its thought provoking boycey, both your and my interpretations arent too many miles apart.

Something else was wrong in that World cup camp..something that we don't know about and it really seemed obvious in the way they played at the world cup, they weren't a team at all....And as for Rooney to perform so badly in the world cup and then get pictured in the press smoking,drinking and public peeing....now he seems to think he is untouchable and if i was Capello i would have put him on the bench on Wednesday

Well the question of rooney is that the bloke is overated, and yet all the papers were full of him winning the world cup for us, that alone probably froze him over performance wise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 06:26