The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Wanted EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Wanted EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Wanted EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Wanted EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Wanted EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Wanted EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Wanted EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Wanted EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Wanted EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Wanted Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Wanted

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Wanted Empty Wanted

Post by Boltjean Fri Aug 05 2011, 01:27

Well, what with Harry and his tax problems, we now have news that West Ham are ready to serve summonses against Spurs amid fears we used a private investigator who stole bank and phone records from them. It was all to do with the Olympic Stadium bid. West Ham were infuriated by Spurs tactics and their continued efforts to get the ruling over turned, that ruling being that West Ham won the bid to move into the stadium. Does this club need all this kind of publicity before the big kick off?. It seems to be going from bad to worse, Harry has the tax man after him, England could be after Harry for the England job, Chelsea after Modric, and now West Ham after Levy. I do believe that once we lost the Olympic Stadium bid, Levy should have let it drop, but his persistence in trying to get the decision overturned has now lead to this, what a mess. So, will we be looking for a new manager and chairman in the future?, anyone up for the job?.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Wanted Empty Re: Wanted

Post by ionman34 Fri Aug 05 2011, 01:38

Boltjean wrote:Well, what with Harry and his tax problems, we now have news that West Ham are ready to serve summonses against Spurs amid fears we used a private investigator who stole bank and phone records from them. It was all to do with the Olympic Stadium bid. West Ham were infuriated by Spurs tactics and their continued efforts to get the ruling over turned, that ruling being that West Ham won the bid to move into the stadium. Does this club need all this kind of publicity before the big kick off?. It seems to be going from bad to worse, Harry has the tax man after him, England could be after Harry for the England job, Chelsea after Modric, and now West Ham after Levy. I do believe that once we lost the Olympic Stadium bid, Levy should have let it drop, but his persistence in trying to get the decision overturned has now lead to this, what a mess. So, will we be looking for a new manager and chairman in the future?, anyone up for the job?.

Len, I actually think there's a cunning plan behind this. I believe that there is a bid going in for the Commonwealth games, or World Championships (not sure which) and the Government are desperate for this issue to just 'go away' so that it doesn't damage their bid, hence some MP, the Home Secretary I think, coming out and saying that he hoped that Spurs would see the 'bigger picture.'

Well I reckon Danny has, but his 'bigger picture' is different to theirs and it involves getting them to stump up the public funding involved in the NPD.

Now I can't take too much credit for this, it is an idea that I have been discussing with some of the fans on SC, one of which is quite knowledgeable about the stadia shenanigans, but it has the ring of truth to it and is the kind of devious business that I'd expect from our Chairman. And why not? If THFC put that much effort, and money, into commencing the redevelopment of what is, let's face it, practically a Third World area, then the Government should at least put in their part of the money too.

The OS is a means to an end IMO Len, DL is not so naive to believe that pursuing this further will get the decision overturned and Spurs accepted as OS tenants.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 01:44

Ye Gods if Levy has used a private dick who has acted illegally he lose's the moral high ground. Stadium funding aside if the Bubble Blowers claims are found to contain truth could we expect any sanctions from Government, Police & football authorities ? Another fine mess . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 05 2011, 03:27

Wanted 901187
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Aug 05 2011, 04:58

I must be thick Baz. What is the flag with BS on it. Also Ion, thank you for the explanation although I have to admit I still do not think we needed this and I am worried because of the reasons Vis has stated. We had problems when Sugar was chairman and picked up a points deduction that he battled to get removed, but this is in the hands of the police so must be far more serious, and I do not think West Ham would be taking it this far if there was not the evidence of something serious taking place. Now, if found guilty of some kind of wrong doing what would the repercussions be, a heavy fine, someone spending time in one of our prisons, or a whacking great points deduction?. Sorry mate but as I said, we do not need this.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Aug 05 2011, 05:58

the flag with the BS means bullsh*t
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 05 2011, 07:11

Spot on Mark. It's all a load of bollox. Wasn't Karen Brady accused of some wrong doing to do with the OS?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 07:45

I don't it was the Brady Bunch Baz. I thought it was a male member of the Bubble Blowers who was in a relationship with a female member of the OS commitee who decided who would win the bid. This, I think, was the reason why Levy hired the services of Magnum PI . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 15:42