The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
only one fit striker for the stoke game? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

only one fit striker for the stoke game? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

only one fit striker for the stoke game?

sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

only one fit striker for the stoke game? Empty only one fit striker for the stoke game?

Post by sarflondonar Sat Aug 21 2010, 00:17

Harry Redknapp reports that we could travel to Stoke with just one fit striker on Saturday.

Jermain Defoe (groin), Roman Pavlyuchenko (ankle) and Robbie Keane (jarred knee) are all struggling.
    That leaves Peter Crouch available up front for what is always one of the toughest away trips in the Barclays Premier League at the Britannia Stadium.

Giovani (hamstring) and Luka Modric (groin) are also doubtful after Tuesday night's Champions League play-off first leg encounter at Young Boys in Switzerland took its toll.
    Boss Harry told his media briefing on Friday: "We've picked up so many injuries in that one game, it's unbelievable really.

"Jermain, Robbie, Pavlyuchenko - all out. Giovani as well
    "It leaves me with Peter Crouchy. It's not a bad one to have, but that's all we've got."
    David Bentley (ankle), Jamie O'Hara (back) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) remain sidelined.

F'kin ell, sounds good. Although i think this might be Harry's way of resting players for the big game on Wednesday?
    Sounds like we could do with this honduran wonderkid Max posted about, if we've signed him yet....
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

only one fit striker for the stoke game? Empty Re: only one fit striker for the stoke game?

Post by MarkA249 Sat Aug 21 2010, 00:34

what about Obika or the young kid Harry Kane give them a chance

only one fit striker for the stoke game? Empty Re: only one fit striker for the stoke game?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 01:13

Play danny rose up front with 3meter peter.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 01:58

welcome to the real world, 2/3 games a week football to deal with, big games on a wed followed by important league games on sat, this aint including our domestic cups as well, injuries is a part of it now and your squad will be tested to the max, i dont ever be smug about injuries (like some) but they will be a natural part of your progression this season, has harry planned for this, i will let you decide that one, but an untried youngster and a sulking centre half tells me he aint, it was one of the reasons why i found it strange that certain people scoffed at the cole rumours, players like bentley,hutton,jenas,rose and a few more youngsters will be found out either way this season. your 1 game in and you have an injury list, i really hope u can cope with it all.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Sat Aug 21 2010, 02:52

burger777 wrote:welcome to the real world, 2/3 games a week football to deal with, big games on a wed followed by important league games on sat, this aint including our domestic cups as well, injuries is a part of it now and your squad will be tested to the max, i dont ever be smug about injuries (like some) but they will be a natural part of your progression this season, has harry planned for this, i will let you decide that one, but an untried youngster and a sulking centre half tells me he aint, it was one of the reasons why i found it strange that certain people scoffed at the cole rumours, players like bentley,hutton,jenas,rose and a few more youngsters will be found out either way this season. your 1 game in and you have an injury list, i really hope u can cope with it all.

We've been there before Burger. We played in the uefa cup for 2 seasons not that long ago, 2/3 games a week isn't anyting new.

So if anything it's welcome "back" to the real world.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 03:03

dunno sarf, no disrespect to the uefa but for u to compete in the cl, your perfomances have to be tip top from the go, in the uefa u have room to rest players and muddle the pack a bit, u cant do that in the group stages of the champ league, yids will have to play (LIKE ARSENAL)near to there full strength team every game, and then u will have the important league game the following sat, 2 seasons ago harry didn even try against shakter and sent mostly a second team out there to play.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 03:28

time to try obika up front or even try 451. its a shame we sold adel he could of played up front

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 03:56

has adel been sold lought or is he on loan
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Aug 21 2010, 03:57

burger777 wrote:has adel been sold lought or is he on loan

been sold to QPR for £1m

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 04:02

that is surprising, ok i know some didn rate him but was he given a chance by yids, im not sure. hes an international, young lad and in this very important season surely would of played a role if only to help rest other players. hes doing ok for qpr by all accounts.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Sat Aug 21 2010, 04:59

burger777 wrote:dunno sarf, no disrespect to the uefa but for u to compete in the cl, your perfomances have to be tip top from the go, in the uefa u have room to rest players and muddle the pack a bit, u cant do that in the group stages of the champ league, yids will have to play (LIKE ARSENAL)near to there full strength team every game, and then u will have the important league game the following sat, 2 seasons ago harry didn even try against shakter and sent mostly a second team out there to play.

I'd agree with you if we'd played a few games in the CL group stage, then you can make the " welcome to the big boys" statement. The truth is we played against an average side (young boys) on a horrible hard surface that caused injuries.

And your right it's going to be hard when we need full strength sides back to back, but once again it's something that most of our players have done. Either with us in the Uefa against sides like seville, PSV ect or with previous clubs.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 05:08

he came on aganst west ham and changed the game and we won 4 3 few seasons back. he came on agains your lot a few season back and created 2 pens 1 which keane missed and other wasnt given. he played in hes last preseason and set up keane for 3 1 on 1 but keane missed them all and now hes qpr start player

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 05:49

This is just 'arry B/S. Trust me guys, Crouchinhio & Keane against Stoke tomorrow . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 21 2010, 05:57

only one fit striker for the stoke game? 901187

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 07:21

yea i think your right vis
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Sun Aug 22 2010, 03:36

VisionarySound wrote:This is just 'arry B/S. Trust me guys, Crouchinhio & Keane against Stoke tomorrow . . . . .

VIS i trusted you! Wink

looks like Harry wasn't bluffing, lets hope we have a couple of strikers fit for wednesday.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 03:41

I think we will Sarf. Playing Crouchinhio up front on his own worked today. He's a team player so that formation is suited to him. If under pressure lump it up, let him hold and allow the midfield to join up. I reckon both Pavy & Defoe will be fit to start Wednesday . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:16