The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
   Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs

Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs Empty Sandro prepared to start from scratch at Spurs

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 06:07

RIO DE JANEIRO - Sandro's Libertadores Cup winner's medal will not be in his bags when he moves to Tottenham Hotspur, a sign the young midfielder is prepared to "start from zero" after a rapid rise with Internacional.
    With only two seasons as a professional under his belt, the 21-year-old is already a Brazil international and will be unveiled on Wednesday by Spurs after the London club paid a reported 7.0 million euros for his transfer.
    Despite the high expectations of manager Harry Redknapp, who said last week Sandro would definitely be in his 25-man squad this season, the player recognised he would have to build a new reputation in English football.
    "It's a new life. I know they have their players there, whom the club respects. I'll be arriving there as a national team player too, and a Libertadores champion, but I know I'll have to start from zero," Sandro told Brazilian media.
    "I've never played there (in England), the fans don't know me. I like that, that kind of challenge. It's going to be tough for me but I feel prepared."
    Sandro graduated from the Inter juniors to the first team squad in 2008. The following year, having captained Brazil's under-20s to the South American title, he became a regular for his club and made his Brazil senior debut.
    His transfer to Tottenham was settled in March but with an agreement that he stayed at Inter until the end of their Libertadores Cup campaign, when they were crowned South America champions this week.
    "I'm unbelievably happy. From the beginning of the year, when my move was being discussed, I knew I'd be a champion. I had that in my head," said Sandro, who won his first Brazil cap last year.
    "I'll always have a bit of Inter with me," he said as he prepared to link up with Brazil goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes at Spurs.

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:01