The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
Boycey
ionman34
BazSpur
spurslegend
totalytot
9 posters

lol welcome to conspiarcy land

lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 Empty Re: lol welcome to conspiarcy land

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 10:26

You saw Crouch on the line?

Hmmm.... lol lol!

I'm not trying to prove anything Viz. Ref didn't give it so it don't matter.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

lol welcome to conspiarcy land - Page 3 Empty Re: lol welcome to conspiarcy land

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 11:41

We won. That's all that matters to me lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Aug 23 2010, 12:21

Mark2spark wrote:It wasn't a goal Viz because the ref didn't give it and I don't disagree with your post.
    However, on the balance of probablities from the camera angles available it appears that the ball crossed the line and wasn't spotted by the ref.
    Have a look here.
    My understanding of the goal line technology is PIR type detectors located within the goalposts, which pick up a sensor(s) (two to measure speed I think?) within the ball, determining whether it's crossed the line or not

Just for you, I watched it on the link again, and again, and again ...........................

Nope, still inconclusive. The Referee has made a 100% correct call and given the benefit of the doubt to the defending side as, even from 5 yards away, he couldn't tell. Neither could his linesman and neither could anyone else, even after repeated viewings.

It's interesting to note that the only ones shouting the odds on this are those with a vested interest in Spurs NOT doing well this season, the neutrals have said pretty much the same as I.

Revealing ne-c'est-pas?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 18:30

ionman34 wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:It wasn't a goal Viz because the ref didn't give it and I don't disagree with your post.
    However, on the balance of probablities from the camera angles available it appears that the ball crossed the line and wasn't spotted by the ref.
    Have a look here.
    My understanding of the goal line technology is PIR type detectors located within the goalposts, which pick up a sensor(s) (two to measure speed I think?) within the ball, determining whether it's crossed the line or not

Just for you, I watched it on the link again, and again, and again ...........................

Nope, still inconclusive. The Referee has made a 100% correct call and given the benefit of the doubt to the defending side as, even from 5 yards away, he couldn't tell. Neither could his linesman and neither could anyone else, even after repeated viewings.

It's interesting to note that the only ones shouting the odds on this are those with a vested interest in Spurs NOT doing well this season, the neutrals have said pretty much the same as I.

Revealing ne-c'est-pas?
    no its alot more interesting that the person that was trying to see the conspiracy theory is always in total denial when there team receives a bit of good luck, man up ion this dont suit u ole lad.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Aug 23 2010, 20:07

Mark2spark wrote:Vis, crouch was over the line, in the goal, all except his foot (half of it) which was on the line. He was 'crouching' down (lol) The ball hit him around about on his guts/top of thighs. As he was behind the line then the ball had to cross the line in order to hit him.
    However, it was at speed, the ref also had the goal post in his way. Mistakes happen, it's the rub of the green.

Like I said Mark, the ball was over the line, now take your Spurs hatred specs off and tell me that Huth didnt push Gomes with both hands before the over the line incident.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:16

burger777 wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    Have a look here.

Revealing ne-c'est-pas?
    no its alot more interesting that the person that was trying to see the conspiracy theory is always in total denial when there team receives a bit of good luck, man up ion this dont suit u ole lad.

Comical really, making up a soundbite to back your argument Burger?

That's not like you, not like you at all <snigger>

The ball most definitely crossed the line. However, did all of it cross the line? I don't know, you don't know, the pundits don't know and, most importantly, neither did the Ref.

You see? Inconclusive as there is no proven conclusion.

Elementary my dear Watson. You can bang on about probability until you're Blue in the face, that's all it is, probability. When probability advances into certainty then you have your conclusion, but probability can only become certainty with proof.

There is none, therefore the only logical and fair conclusion is that there is no goal. If you cannot prove one then the other must hold sway.

As I said, elementary.

I once told you that only the first lesson came free .......................

I'm charging for this one!
    lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 22:55

PMSL

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:20

djfitzo wrote:

Like I said Mark, the ball was over the line, now take your Spurs hatred specs off and tell me that Huth didnt push Gomes with both hands before the over the line incident.

I never denied that he did? Gomez falls over for fun anyway so it's not conclusive Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:21

The you tube link i posted has been taken down now for the usual youtube copyright rules.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 24 2010, 16:33

Mark2spark wrote:The you tube link i posted has been taken down now for the usual youtube copyright rules.

Damn but that's convenient Mark.

Would you say that, as a result, the argument is .................................. Inconclusive?
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Aug 25 2010, 06:39

lol gooners getting taken apart luv it lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 16:22