The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
A WEEK AT SPURS EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

A WEEK AT SPURS Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
SuneJim
6 posters

A WEEK AT SPURS

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

A WEEK AT SPURS Empty A WEEK AT SPURS

Post by SuneJim Mon Aug 23 2010, 01:59

Well what can i say, a win a draw & (In Harry's words) the great defeat!

Man City where saved by Hart. A couple of really good saves. We tailed off in the second half but that was always going to happen first game of the season. But City looked like a bunch of individuals & we should have won simple.

Then Tuesday our big bow in the CL well i couldn't believe my eyes after 24 minutes 3-0 down & playing like school boys. Lack of experience caused that. We went one down & instead of calming down & playing ourselves back in as an experienced CL team would, we started to panic & went hell for leather for an equaliser & keep leaving ourselves open. The pitch played a major part in the start. Not the way it played, but in the players minds they where scared of it.

Yesterday, Yes a large slice of luck we got all 3 points you could say. But Huth fouled Gomes & if Mr Foy couldn't see the ball over the line, he couldn't give it. On to Bale the way he moved his face into the path of the ball for his & ours first was amazing lol. But the Second was sublime,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a strike what a player we have that's been reborn.

Can i just say no one has deemed it necessary to point out we had Defoe, Pavlyuchenko, Modric, Keane, Dos Santos & King all out & still went away to Stoke & won,,,,, that was impressive.

Not a bad week & if it's an indication of the season to come full of thrill's & spills bring it on!

A WEEK AT SPURS Empty Re: A WEEK AT SPURS

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 06:24

lol cheatings fine now jim, pmsl a fickle bunch, 10 years u been going about manu and carrolls over the line scenario, now yids do it its suddenly fine. well excuse me if i do a loud pmsl at all yids expense and say what a fickle bunch u r. yids cheat and suddenly its all ok. pmsl go on harry i dodgy fcuk.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 06:39

Burg ! the facts are that gomes was fouled for both stoke goals (obviously one didnt count) if we are going to get things absolutely right then we have to say that it was a completely correct result, although it was in a roundabout way ! justice was done in the end.

Cheating didnt come into the mix because it was the refs decision, he should have blown for the foul on gomes prior to the disputed goal if he had been more observant, as it was all was completely fair to both teams.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 06:40

Was it really ten years ago Burgs? Fcuk me how time flies. I thought it was about 2007. Oh well.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 06:44

2007. i would check that baz if i were u, its nearer 10 than 5 i guarantee that.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 07:00

burger777 wrote:lol cheatings fine now jim, pmsl a fickle bunch, 10 years u been going about manu and carrolls over the line scenario, now yids do it its suddenly fine. well excuse me if i do a loud pmsl at all yids expense and say what a fickle bunch u r. yids cheat and suddenly its all ok. pmsl go on harry i dodgy fcuk.

Burgs you are so missing the point here. Spurs did not cheat. End of ! ! ! The Ref made a decision and that's what goes down in the history books. By accepting a Refs decision all us Spurs on here are now cheats according to you. Stop fishing fella and accept the fact that we are Spurs and we are looking mighty damn fine . . . . .

Nice post Jim. Very measured . . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 07:01

It was Wednesday Jan 5th 2005 burger.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4143131.stm
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Aug 23 2010, 07:02

CHEATS??? Who actually "CHEATED" Burgs??? Gomes? Crouch? Bale? Dawson? Ekotto? Kaboul? NO! The only cheat in and around the box at that time was Huth. "Tring to gain an unfair advantage with the use of an arm". So if you want to label someone target the German or even the ref ( he might of had Spurs on the coupon) but their was no cheating done by any Spurs player!!!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 07:03

u looking great. its the change in opinions on certain situations that has me howling, fickle is it, i dont know but hillarious all the same,
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 23 2010, 07:11

Weren't ten years ago Burger lol.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:33

Hey Burger,,,,,,,,,,, not sure that makes us Fickle Mate but i bet it did bring a smile to your face & a bounce in your stride lol. While there are similarities between the two events 5(lol) years apart. There is a difference Mendes's effort was so far over the line it was closer to actually hitting the back of the net that just creeping over the line. As for Walters chance if the Ref 5 yards away couldn't be sure it was close. Opinion is still divided now regardless of what teams people support, as to whether the ball did cross the line before Crouchie chested it away so it's not quite the same. But i am happy i gave you some ammunition for a little dig as you do love a little dig lol.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:40

He does like to dig but when the hole gets this deep he should stop. What I find odd is that usually for this type of incident the papers are full of pictures yet personally I have'nt seen one picture.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:53

SuneJim wrote:Hey Burger,,,,,,,,,,, not sure that makes us Fickle Mate but i bet it did bring a smile to your face & a bounce in your stride lol. While there are similarities between the two events 5(lol) years apart. There is a difference Mendes's effort was so far over the line it was closer to actually hitting the back of the net that just creeping over the line. As for Walters chance if the Ref 5 yards away couldn't be sure it was close. Opinion is still divided now regardless of what teams people support, as to whether the ball did cross the line before Crouchie chested it away so it's not quite the same. But i am happy i gave you some ammunition for a little dig as you do love a little dig lol.

Jim ! burgs will argue till he,s blue ! errrrrr red in the face, thats the way the little ferret is.....but it all makes for an interesting board, and makes it more colourful. afro

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 02:27

what makes it fickle jim is 2 weeks ago, you wouldn P*ss on gallas if he was on fire, now u are all hi fiving and jumping around like u have signed some superstar, people that change there opinions so quickly are called FICKLE, as for gallas he was realeased by arsenal end of may, so that means he was a free agent all summer, if harry was so intent in signing him he would of snatched him up before the world cup surely,making sure he had a summer with his new team mates, he didn because he didn want him, gallas then shunned arsenals 1 year contract thinking he and france were going to have a great world cup and some major force in football would grab this free footballer, the fact he and his country had a nigtmare world cup that thinking was well and truly squashed and now gallas is left without a club and its nearly end of august, but good ole spurs come in at the last min, put him on a ROLLING 1 year contract and yids are now making out this is the signing of the year, some of the ones that was shunning the joe cole dealings, now can u understand how funny this is to a goon,
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Aug 24 2010, 02:51

STOP CRYING GOONER *** YOUR NO LONGER A FORCE YOU WILL WIN NOTHING AGAIN THIS SEASON AND WE ARE GETTING STRONGER AND YOU CANT HANDLE IT SO YOUR CRYING AND MOANING ALL OVER OUR BOARD LIKE THE *** YOU ARE lol lol lol pmsl finger

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 02:52

spurslegend wrote:STOP CRYING GOONER *** YOUR NO LONGER A FORCE YOU WILL WIN NOTHING AGAIN THIS SEASON AND WE ARE GETTING STRONGER AND YOU CANT HANDLE IT SO YOUR CRYING AND MOANING ALL OVER OUR BOARD LIKE THE *** YOU ARE lol lol lol pmsl finger
    here puddy puddy
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Aug 24 2010, 03:02

EASY MY BITCH
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:26

burger777 wrote:what makes it fickle jim is 2 weeks ago, you wouldn P*ss on gallas if he was on fire, now u are all hi fiving and jumping around like u have signed some superstar,

Sorry i thought this was about a goal not going over the line Burger how has the signing of Gallas crept into it,,,,,,,,,,, must be that you had to change tact as your argument wasn't holding water lol.

As for Gallas you can see from previous posts i was quite happy for him to sign. As i appreciate good footballers. But yes i'd give him crap for being a gooner & certainly the French Connection when playing England, but that's what supporters do they support. That can be by cheering there own team & giving out abuse to the away team you know that.

So while there are fans that most probably of called him (lets be tactful) rubbish lol but don't confuse me with them i give it for playing against us but always begrudgingly appreciate talent Mate.

It's certainly not the signing of the year but he's definitely a player worth having in our squad with bucket loads of CL experience which we as a squad are short of & can cover every position across the back so im happy.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 24 2010, 17:14

I wouldn't bother Jim. Burger picks out a single post then attributes the sentiments to each and every one of us, despite the fact that he has to winnow through all the other posts, stating the opposite, in order to get to the one he wants.

His opinion of us isn't worth a toss because it uses the minimum of evidence to back the flimsiest of accusations and thinks that repeating it over and over is positive reinforcement.

The problem with making the same bluff, Burger, is that you get read .................. Then you get reamed.

Gallas played in Red & White, we hated him for it.

Gallas played in Chelsea Blue, we hated him for it.

Gallas now plays in Lillywhite .................. What a Champion.

Let me guess, for the 10 years Judas played for us, you thought he was wonderful and went out of your way to tell all other goons that a dislike of Spurs players was just not Cricket. I suppose that, when he defected, you pasted a 'Fickle' badge on every goon that cheered his name?

Silly me, these are goons ....................... It's not a badge, it's a tattoo!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 24 2010, 19:16

100% Ion. Burger is a fisherman and a wind up. I am surprised that anyone on here takes him seriously let alone let him get to you. It seems to me that his whole remit in life is to wind up the Yids on this forum but like I say we are big enough to handle it.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 19:23

I think its funny how stupid the goons make theirselves look on here!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 24 2010, 19:44

There you go then Max. We should look at them as a form of entertainment. They are the cabaret lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:27