The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS Empty JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS

Post by SuneJim Sat Aug 28 2010, 00:42

While Wednesday,,, was a make or break evening for us to make sure we hadn't wasted all that effort in making it into the Top 4 & the euphoria has only just warn off but i have to point out that from what i saw we have a few players that just aren't CL Level.

Corluka, Really showed his lack of pace & strength at times. Dwelled on the ball a few times as well. We do need better.

Assou-Ekotto, It's his concentration & his complete lack of understanding about his surroundings at times & his lapsydasical approach to defending that gets me as he has all the equipment needed but doesn't seem to want to step it up.

Palacios, Simple, to slow & a red card waiting to happen. All his heart won't help him him improve.

& finally our own Mr Dawson,,,,,,,,,,,,, Love the bloke & an ideal CB to be playing on a cold winters night away at Stoke or Wolves for instance. But he's to slow & dives in rashly. Plus you've got to question the blokes brain power. Gomes injured & wanting to come off & Daw's plays a slow ball back to him to rush out to, idiot. Very Solid Prem defender, but CL not so sure myself.

But i'm sure each player i've mentioned will give it all they've got & hopefully shove my words back down my throat. Can't wait!

JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS Empty Re: JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 02:29

i think corluka should be dropped. it was when kaboul had a run in the team that we beat the big teams. i would even perfer gallas at right back.

wp has been awfull for ages now. im hoping sandro turns out to be as good as people say he is then wp can go to real madrid lol

i hope we keep jeanas as hes a good sqaud player

ekotto most of the time playes well so i think hes ok

dawson is still a great sqaud player. he just needs to know you cant slide in all the time.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS Empty Re: JUST TO PUT THE CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 28 2010, 03:13

i think ekotto is getting better all the time ,played great v city bit of a stinker v stoke but thought he had a good solid game v young boys. agree on corluka to slow always turns our attacks into a defencive move backwards or to slow pass

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 04:20

SuneJim wrote:While Wednesday,,, was a make or break evening for us to make sure we hadn't wasted all that effort in making it into the Top 4 & the euphoria has only just warn off but i have to point out that from what i saw we have a few players that just aren't CL Level.

Corluka, Really showed his lack of pace & strength at times. Dwelled on the ball a few times as well. We do need better.

Assou-Ekotto, It's his concentration & his complete lack of understanding about his surroundings at times & his lapsydasical approach to defending that gets me as he has all the equipment needed but doesn't seem to want to step it up.

Palacios, Simple, to slow & a red card waiting to happen. All his heart won't help him him improve.

& finally our own Mr Dawson,,,,,,,,,,,,, Love the bloke & an ideal CB to be playing on a cold winters night away at Stoke or Wolves for instance. But he's to slow & dives in rashly. Plus you've got to question the blokes brain power. Gomes injured & wanting to come off & Daw's plays a slow ball back to him to rush out to, idiot. Very Solid Prem defender, but CL not so sure myself.

But i'm sure each player i've mentioned will give it all they've got & hopefully shove my words back down my throat. Can't wait!
    realism, nice to see. anyway jim every fan has them concerens about certain players when going into europe, this aint a dig but far better midfielders than palacious have been found wanting in europe, i think these guys will do fine, they will learn more about playing football this season than they have the last 5 years, they will see tricks,skill,pace, pass and move like they never seen before and they will learn quick too adapt to it, yids have good characters and a togetherness that i aint seen in a yid team for many a year, i could handle the odd cock up to have this mentality in my team, if i could take 3 players from u tomorro, funny enough, dawson,palacious would be 2 of them, bale being the other, reasons being there mentality, i agree with your concerns jim, but the palacious and dawson people may get found out every now and again,(who dont) but are made of the right stuff when going into big games, imo of course. i am pretty confident yids can get to the last 16 from the group they are in, being in the third tier it could of been worse, now i would ever underestimate any team thats at this stage of champ league, but u should beat twente and werder at home, then u need to find 3/4 points to qualify from 4 games. all very acheivable and quite concerning if im honest, then last 16 it hots up again, but your playing home and away football now, and u gotta fancy anyone then, like us u will probaly run into a bus, or some team may give u a real harsh back to realty takes days to get over beating, but the journy is fun all the same.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 04:51

SuneJim wrote:While Wednesday,,, was a make or break evening for us to make sure we hadn't wasted all that effort in making it into the Top 4 & the euphoria has only just warn off but i have to point out that from what i saw we have a few players that just aren't CL Level.

Sorry jim ekotto is a great player, but i do agree about the others .

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 04:53

[quote="burger777"]

realism, nice to see.

Realism burg ! lol.............when did that ever happen in your life ? Sleep

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 07:46

Dawson will be fine. He is 26 now and coming into the peak of his game. All the time he is with guys like Ledley, Woodgate & now Gallas he can only get better. He also seems to stay fit unlike other centre-halfs we have ! Yup he dive's in but because he has to because 'charlies' like Corluka have left the defence exposed.

Corluka see above . . . . . . .

Ekotto has up & down moments. 1st leg against Young Boys he was played off the park, 2nd leg had a blinder. Needs more consistency but if he ain't laft back then Bale is. Where would people prefer Bale to start is the question ?

Sgt Wilson has lost his way big time. It is now Thudd that protects him ! He's almost become Zokkora and that is a really hard one to explain . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 07:55

i think dawson wil be fine. its wp and corluka the weak links

also not many people know this but cat amongst the pigeons was a double aside for bros lol not a bad song either..........
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 28 2010, 08:06

Sgt Wilson has lost his way big time. It
    is now Thudd that protects him ! He's almost become Zokkora and that is a
    really hard one to explain . . . . . . . .

Maybe his Brother's death has affected him more than we know Vis. Sometimes it takes a long while to get over the death of a loved one and everyone is different anyway. Some get over it quicker than others.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 08:17

Fair point Baz. He certainly isn't the same player as early/mid last season. When he joined we where all, oh yeah, this is what we need, this is the midfield battler we have been missing. Hopefully he will find his form again as a switched on Sgt Wilson is a real plus for the team in general . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 28 2010, 08:25

I totally agree Vis. We can only hope we get our Sgt back again soon.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28 2010, 08:33

And in the mean time, on the bright side, his dip in form has matured Thudd ; IMO . . . . ..
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Aug 28 2010, 20:10

the problem is corluka at right back, he looks laboured to me as if he's pulling a trap and hes the pony to slow, he does ok when the team plays deep but when we push up i worry a little because he tends to push right up to support the front man lennon in particular and it leave us exposed because he lacks pace to get back.

Palacious i can see your argument i do worry about his tackles and these european refs wont stand for any nonsence .

Dawson i think has a communication problem with the goalie , hes improved but i would prefer him to stay on his feet more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:10